Posted by: Dnj

Re: New Alesis Workstation at NAMM - 01/18/05 08:27 PM

Posted by: Pennywizz6

Re: New Alesis Workstation at NAMM - 01/18/05 09:14 PM

*Droools*......

Phil
Posted by: squeak_D

Re: New Alesis Workstation at NAMM - 01/19/05 08:12 AM

Geez, two new workstations coming out now.. One from Korg and what appears to be a real nice one from Alesis. I was all set to buy a Motif ES-7 online last week. Logged on to go buy one, surfed a few of my regular sites first and then saw the ad for the new Korg. I decided to put it on hold for a few days to see this new Korg. Then all of a sudden Alesis pops up with one! I would love to check out the Alesis. I've always like the QS series sound. The piano is really warm on the QS's and I thought they were great synths, but just lacked sequencing. This new Alesis adds that and more! Glad I waited. I know I'd have the forty five day return policy, but I don't want to spend the money on the Motif at the moment and then decide not to keep it. I already know how the MO sounds ect. I just hate thet wait time when returning and item. You wait three days for them to get it back, then you wait another 3-4 days for them to accept it and ship out another piece of gear. Too long for me.

Squeak
Posted by: STAM

Re: New Alesis Workstation at NAMM - 01/19/05 09:45 AM

It is beautiful
Posted by: harosha

Re: New Alesis Workstation at NAMM - 01/19/05 10:33 AM

The alesis seems to have 8 analog inputs in the back, which means it has an on-board 8 track digital recorder.
Posted by: squeak_D

Re: New Alesis Workstation at NAMM - 01/19/05 11:13 AM

That's right! an 8 track digital recorder on top of a 32 track sequencer. You can do your keyboard backing tracks, live guitar and even complete vocals on this unit. Didn't the specs say a 40 gig hardrive? The biggest thing now is how does it sound and what's the cost?

Squeak
Posted by: Fran Carango

Re: New Alesis Workstation at NAMM - 01/19/05 01:57 PM

Looks like a 58 Plymouth dashboard..