Post your Skype number here

Posted by: Dnj

Post your Skype number here - 05/22/06 08:32 AM

I finally got this thing going ...its very kool.....just finished a 3 way with Scott Yee Tony Rome & Fran carango...great way to share music thru Video conferencing too all you need is a small mic & cam. Try it you'll LOVE IT!!!! & Its FREE

Im looking to fill my contacts p with other Skype memnbers if your will to share email me

onemanband52@yahoo.com

or post it here.

Thanx

Re: Post your Skype number here - 05/22/06 10:02 AM

Man this Skyp is so kool......we just had a 5 way chat around the world with Scott CA, Posse CA, Willie SCotland...!!
Common guys sign up ASAP....you'll love it......plus Scott & i had a great 1 on 1 Video conference too Nice playing on the T2 Scott
Posted by: btweengigs

Re: Post your Skype number here - 05/22/06 10:17 AM

On Scott's recommendation, I downloaded. While I was checking over the site and navigation, Carol came in and said..."Hmmmmm. Snail Mail. Email. Landline. Cellphone. Forum posts. Chat. Now Skype. Just holler if you want to talk to me." (I think...or was it)

Come to think of it, we have two-way walkie talkies we use when we go shopping at a mall or the Super Walmart. 10-4?
Eddie
Posted by: loungelyzard

Re: Post your Skype number here - 05/22/06 10:40 AM

Okay so everone on Skype has a webb cam but me, any suggestions on which one to buy??? Any recomendations???????????

Have a radioshack in my area and a walmart.
or can order from the webb.

Probably should be heavy duty and able to handle Ugly!!!!

Pro's/con's?? brands etc..

Pose

Edit edit; or I could wait a few days and buy Donnie's when he updates to what Scott has. HE HE...edit edit

[This message has been edited by loungelyzard (edited 05-22-2006).]

Re: Post your Skype number here - 05/22/06 10:53 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by btweengigs:
Come to think of it, we have two-way walkie talkies we use when we go shopping at a mall or the Super Walmart. 10-4?
Eddie[/B][/QUOTETH

Eddie:
Great Idea, I usually never let the Miss'es out of my sight at Walmart, cause I can never find her, we have a brand new set of walkie talkies in the drawer that the kids gave us 5 years ago, will try this out. wonder if you can talk skype over the walkie talkie's???
pose
Posted by: Scottyee

Re: Post your Skype number here - 05/22/06 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by loungelyzard:
Okay so everone on Skype has a webb cam but me, any suggestions on which one to buy??? Any recomendations???????????

Pose, You can find cheaper ones, but here's the one I use & recommend, and of which imo delivers impressive looking sharp video with good color balance + includes the latest webcam features.

Logitech Pro 5000

Pricegrabber Search Results for Logitech Pro 5000

Scott
Posted by: Tony Rome

Re: Post your Skype number here - 05/22/06 03:11 PM

Anyone wanting to call or reach me down here in Sunny Nexico, my Skype name is tonyrome1.....C/Ya
TR
Posted by: abacus

Re: Post your Skype number here - 05/23/06 02:10 AM

Hello All
My Skype Name is; abacusks1
Look forward to hearing from you.
(No prizes for guessing what keyboard I play)

Bill
Posted by: trident

Re: Post your Skype number here - 05/23/06 03:15 AM

Hi,
does anyone here uses Skype with a dial-up connection?
Is it any good?
I had used other programs to communicate via dial up, back in '98, they were ok with the occasional break up.

Re: Post your Skype number here - 05/23/06 04:30 AM

Dial Up? Whats That?

Re: Post your Skype number here - 05/23/06 05:37 AM

Trident:

Since Skype just went to free calls With no time limit, anywhere in the US or Canada, I've been using the call any Landline or cell phone feature, works great, just type in +1 and complete phone number and getting nice clear connections.........pose

Just read your post again, sorry I got it wrong "its early"

The skype system is susposed to work on about 36bpm dial up, but I found it breaks up and dosn't give a clear voice contact. However part of my problem was running it with a sound system attached to the computer. You can download and try it for free, maybe it will work for you on your dial up connection? worth a try. I switched to dsl and very glad I did, has lots of advantages over dial up, but costs a extra 20 bucks in my area......pose

[This message has been edited by loungelyzard (edited 05-23-2006).]

Re: Post your Skype number here - 05/23/06 05:41 AM

Posse It works like a charm Im very impressed with SKYPE & its great features its very kool but I would think having a high speed Modem Cable or DSL is a must for it to work proficiently .....BTW I got to see Scot Yees African Grey Parrot on our video call too

Re: Post your Skype number here - 05/23/06 05:50 AM

Hey I saw the parrot also, I think Scottie is training him to sing like and sound like Don M "for a possible duet"...

Pose
Posted by: DonM

Re: Post your Skype number here - 05/23/06 06:01 AM

Let me introduce that parrot to my Louisiana Gator.
DonM
Posted by: Scottyee

Re: Post your Skype number here - 05/23/06 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
Let me introduce that parrot to my Louisiana Gator.
DonM

hey Don, my african grey's met one, and now dons alligator shoes, so better 'watch out'!

Scott
Posted by: trident

Re: Post your Skype number here - 05/23/06 07:47 AM

Since GSM protocol is at ~6 Kbp/s if I remember well, and it has a good enough voice quality, I can only imagine what Skype can do with 36 Kbp/s.

DSL 384 costs about 25-40 EUROS/month here.
Posted by: Fran Carango

Re: Post your Skype number here - 05/23/06 09:23 AM

Scott didn't show me his parrot..does it have a Roland ankle band?

Re: Post your Skype number here - 06/21/06 04:31 AM

Anyone else have a SKYPE name to share......its great to talk to so many players & make new friends.....?