Don Mason Rocks !!!

Posted by: Dnj

Don Mason Rocks !!! - 07/15/03 07:18 PM

I just listened to Don play and sing on his website www.donmasonmusic.com
It's been a while since I checked in on his site but let me tell ya Don and his Psr2000 REALLY SOUND GREAT !!

Check it out!!
Posted by: btweengigs

Re: Don Mason Rocks !!! - 07/15/03 07:38 PM

I agreee.

Re: Don Mason Rocks !!! - 07/15/03 07:41 PM

"Welcome To My World" is one of my favorites amongst all these excellent tunes.
Posted by: dlstarry

Re: Don Mason Rocks !!! - 07/15/03 08:20 PM

I agree also, Don Mason is HOT HOT HOT

Re: Don Mason Rocks !!! - 07/15/03 10:14 PM

He just can't hear the "clinking" at the weddings.
Posted by: Dreamer

Re: Don Mason Rocks !!! - 07/16/03 02:06 AM

Nobody is perfect.
Posted by: DonM

Re: Don Mason Rocks !!! - 07/16/03 03:17 AM

Just got in from a little out of town work and saw your kind remarks. As Max Smart would say, "Thanks, I needed that." Sunday was my 60th birthday and I was feeling sorta over-the-hill.
Not all the songs were made on the 2K. I got it over a year ago as a temporary keyboard, but it has worked out well. I will be replacing it as soon as I figure out what I want.
I will try to update the web site soon with some new songs.
Don
Posted by: Tom Cavanaugh

Re: Don Mason Rocks !!! - 07/16/03 05:39 AM

My wife and I got to hear Don live for over two hours and I can say first hand that Don Mason is awesome. He has the crowd eating out of the palm of his hand. He is a gentleman and has been my friend and mentor for about three years now.

Donny, you Don and U.D. are all top notch musicians and entertainers, professional in every way. After hearing you guys I sometimes wonder why I even bother. You inspire me and make me want to give it up at the same time because I know that I will never reach the level of you guys.

Tom

Re: Don Mason Rocks !!! - 07/16/03 05:54 AM

Tom,

Thanx for the Kudos..never give up.....just let the music make you happy inside when you play, keep practicing, absorb all you can from friends, and little by little it will all come together. We're all different but in ways we are not. We all draw off our life's experiences thats the key.

Don,...What can I say you have helped me so many times thru the years also....I will get down to Cajun country for sure some day and we gonna Party!!

------------------
www.donnypesce.com
Posted by: DanO1

Re: Don Mason Rocks !!! - 07/16/03 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Cavanaugh:
Don Mason is awesome. He has the crowd eating out of the palm of his hand.
Tom

Man , the only thing I ever had eat out of my hand was a goat at the petting zoo .

DonM .....you kick butt . great job .
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Don Mason Rocks !!! - 07/16/03 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
As Max Smart would say, "Thanks, I needed that." Sunday was my 60th birthday and I was feeling sorta over-the-hill.
Don

HAPPY BIRTHDAY .... Man, to be 60 again!!! .... okay, I've got only 2 years on you.....

Seriously, don't you 'older' players (like me) feel pretty much the same as you did years ago, at least when you're playing ??? ... When people compliment me on the fact that I don't seem as old as I am, I've always credited my wife, and my being a musician for feeling young ... or as I like to put it, "It's all about Rock 'n' Roll...." ....
t.

Re: Don Mason Rocks !!! - 07/16/03 07:04 AM

Mario...
You are Soooo right. I wake up feeling my age (61), but when I crank up the kb I lose about 20 years. On gigs, I hate to even mention my age...the response is always the same, "No Way". But they don't see me in the mornings.

Happy birthday Don. The best way to forget about aging is to play.
Eddie
Posted by: DonM

Re: Don Mason Rocks !!! - 07/16/03 07:10 AM

Looks as if I will have to find a new website. Every time I get a few visits it shuts down due to excessive traffic. I will work on that soon.
You're right about the age thing. Soft lights and rock 'n roll will keep you young-looking. Also I have a young wife! She's only 44 and won't allow me to be old.
Tom--you were very impressive playing my 2000. You do not need to take a back seat to anybody. Just keep picking.
Don
Posted by: dlstarry

Re: Don Mason Rocks !!! - 07/16/03 07:39 AM

Happy Birthday Don, your are one of the best.
You also play my style of music.
Even though you don't know it, you taught me
the song "Silver Wings" it don't sound as
good when I do it, but I sure have fun trying.
Have a good one.
Denny
Posted by: msutliff

Re: Don Mason Rocks !!! - 07/16/03 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
...it shuts down due to excessive traffic.

Ditto...Been trying to get there all morning. Still no luck.

Happy Birthday Don!

mike
Posted by: Uncle Dave

Re: Don Mason Rocks !!! - 07/16/03 09:06 AM

Me too. here's the message:

Temporarily Unavailable

The Tripod page you are trying to reach has exceeded its hourly bandwidth limit. The site will be available again in 1 hour!

Thank you!

Re: Don Mason Rocks !!! - 07/16/03 09:48 AM

Fellas keep trying you wont regret it!!
Don,.... think about a nice dedicated website...shop around you can get one done at a very affordable price.
Posted by: Dreamer

Re: Don Mason Rocks !!! - 07/16/03 12:43 PM

Happy birthday, Don! Make yourself (and us) a present and upgrade to Tripod plus!

[This message has been edited by Dreamer (edited 07-16-2003).]
Posted by: ChicoBrasil

Re: Don Mason Rocks !!! - 07/16/03 05:07 PM

Happy Birthday to you !!!!

Brasilian regards
Chico
Posted by: Scottyee

Re: Don Mason Rocks !!! - 07/16/03 05:57 PM

Hi Don!

Happy birthday to you from 'WAY'out West !

Scott
Posted by: eddiefromrotherham

Re: Don Mason Rocks !!! - 07/16/03 11:55 PM

Hi Don Mason,

just picked up on this thread and can't let it go without adding my congrats to your recent birthday.
I feel a little smug amongst the guys above here because I 've known about your website for a long time and often go back to it to hear a few more of your songs .
I respect your professionalism and personality which comes over in your songs so much and , as you know I have a link to your website on mine.
Many more years of Don Mason , please!!!
cheers
Eddie Johnson

------------------
Eddie from Rotherham
www.yamahakeyboards.info

my mail is virus-free thanks to Norton Antivirus2002

Re: Don Mason Rocks !!! - 07/17/03 10:22 AM

I just fired up "SILVER WINGS" awesome groove.....sounds real sweet Don!
keep it up now.. ya hear?

------------------
www.donnypesce.com

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 07-17-2003).]
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: Don Mason Rocks !!! - 07/17/03 02:49 PM

Just listened to Silver Winds and it sounds great. Good balance, smooth vocals and everything really sounds crisp and clear. Happy Birthday Don, and watch out for those young girls in Bossier City.

Gary