TYROS Question

Posted by: Random Solton/Ketron User

TYROS Question - 10/24/02 09:40 AM

I am sorry if this has been discussed already, I have a question for the happy owners of the Tyros, or anybody else who might know.

Is it possible to import Custom/User voices from PSR9000 to the unit, which are made out of random external samples/recordings rather than it's ROM sets? In other words, does it have sampling RAM like the 9000?

Thanks
Posted by: Ensnareyou

Re: TYROS Question - 10/24/02 10:03 AM

The Tyros does not sample and will not import samples of any kind. The only Custom/User programs that could be imported from a 9000 or 9000 Pro would be those that use the same waveform ROM that the Tyros, PSR-9000, and 9000 Pro share in common. Other than that you are out of luck. You can thank Yamaha for not implementing sampling in the Tyros even though the Tyros is based on the 9000 Pro's sound engine and could easily have supported it.
Posted by: Magali

Re: TYROS Question - 10/24/02 11:37 AM

OK Ensnareyou no sampler in tyros.the manual says that.HoweverTyros OS=40Mb
a lot of Mb for an OS ????
The demonstrator has says that sounds
will come in the future ,but he was just a demonstrator .With YAMAHA you may be careful.
Originally there are 8 foot organ in 9000 PSR
After changing OS there are 9 foot ,,,,?
who can explain that ????
Posted by: trtjazz

Re: TYROS Question - 10/24/02 01:30 PM

If I really wanted a sampler that bad, which I do not use one but understand why some would, I'd buy an Akai and sample to the max, then record to something else samples and all.
Terry
Posted by: svpworld

Re: TYROS Question - 10/24/02 02:09 PM

It is interesting that the custom organ flutes use 9 footages, as the voices only use 8 elements. I assume though that each footage, like the voice elements requires a note of polyphony so a full footage organ voice would only play at 14 note polyphony, assuming nothing else is playing.

Simon

Re: TYROS Question - 10/25/02 09:55 AM

Trtjazz
Agreement .I use myself a sampler Yamaha to replace the sounds of bass, bass-drum and other on my ketron.Bass harmonics sounds very poor on Ketron this is my opinion
Svpworld
This is not sure . The flutes of organ use others oscillators
192 . It seems me
Fortunately for 9000 and 9000Pro all the sounds do not use 8 oscillators
The real polyphony depend of the choice of the sounds used
On Tyros nothing of that 128 polyphonic keys

Re: TYROS Question - 10/25/02 11:40 AM

Oh ; sorry Svpworld
91 oscillators additional only