CALLING GEORGE KAYE!

Posted by: squeak_D

CALLING GEORGE KAYE! - 08/16/01 05:34 PM

George,
I need your help with something. I just bought the 550 and I'm trying to record some user styles, but I can't seem to find any of the preset styles that are longer than 2 measures..... Are there any longer than two? If not I'm going to be quite upset because the 540 had styles that were more than 2 measures.....

Squeak
Posted by: George Kaye

Re: CALLING GEORGE KAYE! - 08/16/01 07:09 PM

Squeak,
Don't get upset yet!
there are styles with up to 4 measures. Style 71 bossa nova has 4. You should have bought your 550 from me! I am giving you tech support, but I think you can understand now, why dealers charge what they charge for better than average service. This is the support you should be getting from 123 music, but I doubt they could do this and do it so quickly!
I hope this prooves my point that I so often make to all our member that good service is as important as the price, especially if the price is so close.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
Posted by: squeak_D

Re: CALLING GEORGE KAYE! - 08/16/01 07:37 PM

George,
I thought it had 4 measures, but my problem still exists. It's odd too. The style plays 4 measures, but when I go under style recording and clear all tracks to have the 4 empty measures, my 550 only allows me to record 2... I don't get it.. Is this a flaw in the system? Try it on a 550 when you get a chance Dave. I wonder if there is a flaw in my system...

Squeak
Posted by: Octave8

Re: CALLING GEORGE KAYE! - 08/16/01 08:38 PM

Squeak,

by 2 measures you mean 8 Crotchets of course. Well, is there any way you can record, say, using two bars of 8/4 - instead of 4/4?. A Different time signature?. This will give you 8/4 time which will give you 16 Crotchets over two bars, thus making it like 4 bars (of 4 crotchets)
Posted by: DanO1

Re: CALLING GEORGE KAYE! - 08/17/01 08:53 AM

Squeak,
So you saved a little money with Music 123. How has the customer service been after the sale ? Did they try and answer your question's ? Dan o

[This message has been edited by DanO1 (edited 08-17-2001).]
Posted by: arnothijssen

Re: CALLING GEORGE KAYE! - 08/17/01 09:30 AM

I agree dan01, see my other post.

I was in Maryland just a few weeks ago (when that train accident happend, just a coincedence (I hope)). But unfortunatly I did not have any spare time to stop at your store. Where is it located? I traveled between Whitemarsh and Baltimore, is that in your area?
Posted by: DanO1

Re: CALLING GEORGE KAYE! - 08/17/01 01:06 PM

Hello ,
White Marsh is about 7 miles from my store .
Guitar Center Towson is located off I-695 , Exit 29b . Exit 29 is about 5 miles off the I-95 and I-695 interchange . You can go to GC's web site as well . Hope to see you .
DanO
Ps.....The train wreck was a mess .