Posted by: Jerryghr

Songbook -chords and lyrics - 09/03/07 05:32 PM

Here is a nice collection of chords and lyrics for use with your arranger:
http://alumni.media.mit.edu/~kristin/songbook/Songbook.html

Regards,

Jerry
Posted by: ianmcnll

Re: Songbook -chords and lyrics - 09/03/07 05:45 PM

Thank you kindly for the great link, Jerry.

Ian
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Songbook -chords and lyrics - 09/03/07 06:22 PM

Great link .
thnx,
t.
Posted by: Scottyee

Re: Songbook -chords and lyrics - 09/03/07 06:45 PM

Jerry, wow, many thanks for the terrific link. Displaying songs this way (lyrics/chords only) is probably my preferred choice when performing. Arr keyboards which support lyric text display should especially appreciate the convenience of being able to simply copy/paste these into a text file, and then having these lyrics/chords automatically appear on the KB screen when a specific song reg is selected on the keyboard.

Scott
Posted by: Jerryghr

Re: Songbook -chords and lyrics - 09/03/07 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
Jerry, wow, many thanks for the terrific link. Displaying songs this way (lyrics/chords only) is probably my preferred choice when performing. Arr keyboards which support lyric text display should especially appreciate the convenience of being able to simply copy/paste these into a text file, and then having these lyrics/chords automatically appear on the KB screen when a specific song reg is selected on the keyboard.

Scott

Scott

Glad I could contribute to the cause.

If look in the text portion of the site, the complete song book is in zip format, which includes text format.

"Downloadables:
Per many requests, I have provided the songbook files in toto: First is the Traditional Songbook (as in traditional, roots & children's songs) in .sit & .zip formats. And the Newer Songbook (as in most songs written in the past 50-60 years) in .sit & .zip formats. All categorization of songs is pretty arbitrary...c'est la vie! Finally, the Complete Songbook (as in the entire caboodle) in .sit & .zip formats."

Regards,

Jerry

[This message has been edited by Jerryghr (edited 09-03-2007).]
Posted by: OldNewb

Re: Songbook -chords and lyrics - 09/04/07 08:57 AM

Very nice of you to share what must have been a lot of work. Being an S900 owner I can really appreciate this and will use it immensely.
Thank you very much,
Jim
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: Songbook -chords and lyrics - 09/04/07 09:28 AM

Jerry, great resource, thanks for posting.
Posted by: Diki

Re: Songbook -chords and lyrics - 09/04/07 12:57 PM

Thanks, Jerry....
Posted by: zuki

Re: Songbook -chords and lyrics - 09/04/07 01:04 PM

Thanks so much Jerry. Just what I needed for some upcoming events

zuki
Posted by: Scottyee

Re: Songbook -chords and lyrics - 09/04/07 01:48 PM

I notice that a number of these chords & lyrics have the chord symbols NOT appearing over the correct word where the chord change is supposed to actually take place. This said, my advice (after copying/pasting the song text into Notepad) is to change (if necessary) the text to a mono-spaced fixed font (ei: Courier). Also, make sure 'wordwrap' is enabled. Then, MOVE the chord symbol placement position to above the correct desired word.

The other adjustment check needed for display on Yamaha Tyros2 keyboards, is making sure that the number of characters per line does NOT exceed 63, and that there are '18 lines' per page, with line 19 appearing on page 2, etc.

Hope people find these tips helpful.

Scott
Posted by: cassp

Re: Songbook -chords and lyrics - 09/04/07 02:47 PM

Thanks!