Challenge Time (for Dave's kids...)!

Posted by: captain Russ

Challenge Time (for Dave's kids...)! - 04/02/07 12:09 PM

It's my understanding that we have a total of $330.00 as of (9:00 PM, Saturday). If we reach a total of $500.00 by midnight Wednesday, 4-4, I'll donate an additional $100.00. If we reach a total of $900.00 by Sunday-midnight, 4/8, I'll kick in and additional $100.00.

Pledges can be emailed to Dave, so checks don't have to be in hand to be counted (if that's alright with you, Dave).

This additional $200.00 is the difference in cost between a fancy self-propelled, electric start mower I was looking at and a simpler (and less expensive) push model.

I'll be glad to "huff and puff" week-ends this summer for Dave's kids.

Russ (old, tired, but not dead) Lay
Posted by: Uncle Dave

Re: Challenge Time (for Dave's kids...)! - 04/02/07 03:18 PM

WOW !

What a fantastic, unselfish gesture.
This will really help jump start the advance towards the next goal!
(It's a biggie ... the Power Mac)

Thanx to all, and God Bless you for your support. My kids will be carrying your generosity in their hearts forever !
I'll post some must that we recorded very shortly!

Re: Challenge Time (for Dave's kids...)! - 04/03/07 09:10 AM

Deadline is midnight tomorrow night for the first phase of the $100.00 challenge.

Please email your pledges to UD before the deadline.

Russ

Re: Challenge Time (for Dave's kids...)! - 04/04/07 10:49 AM

About 10 hours left...

R.
Posted by: DanO1

Re: Challenge Time (for Dave's kids...)! - 04/04/07 10:58 AM

Hey Uncle Dave ...
Do you have a PAYPAL account for Donations ?
Posted by: TommyF

Re: Challenge Time (for Dave's kids...)! - 04/04/07 11:50 AM

A Paypal account would also be much more convenient for the international members.

Kind regards,
Tommy

Re: Challenge Time (for Dave's kids...)! - 04/04/07 12:12 PM

Dan, Tommy, Dave is having a problem in sending contributions to his paypal account. the school doesn't have one. If you just email your pledge to Dave Boyd, we'll work out the details.

thanks,

Russ
Posted by: TommyF

Re: Challenge Time (for Dave's kids...)! - 04/04/07 12:33 PM

Dave - you've got mail.

Kind regards,
Tommy

Re: Challenge Time (for Dave's kids...)! - 04/04/07 12:43 PM

Thanks, so much, Tommy. Dave is at work at the school, and, I'm sure will get with you ASAP!

Russ

Re: Challenge Time (for Dave's kids...)! - 04/04/07 05:29 PM

OK, Ok ....... let's use my Paypal accnt. I will make sure you each get a personal letter of thanx on school letterhead for tax purposes.
Please email me to let me know, and use:
boydsongs@msn.com

Russ, add $30 to the challange pot !

Re: Challenge Time (for Dave's kids...)! - 04/04/07 05:34 PM

Just a quick addendum:

We're closed for Spring break till Monday, but when we get back, I'll see if I can use a school email address for paypal donation access. For now ...... if you send it to me, please email me privately with your pledge, and include your mailing address so we can send a thank you letter from the school !

Re: Challenge Time (for Dave's kids...)! - 04/04/07 05:40 PM

"DING !!!"

Russ, make that $60 in the challange tote !

Re: Challenge Time (for Dave's kids...)! - 04/04/07 06:19 PM

"Ding, ding,ding !!!!"

$65 !!!!

Re: Challenge Time (for Dave's kids...)! - 04/05/07 08:31 AM

Dave-what was the total as of midnight last night? If we didn't get to $500.00, I'll send the difference. If we did, I'll send the additional $100.00. Then, we can work on the $900.00 goal. If we reach that by midnight on Sunday, I'll kick in an additional $100.00, bringing the total to $1,000.00.

Beginning Monday, I'm going to match total additional donations until my total is $1000.00, including the first $400.00 for the drum parts and controller.

This is IMPORTANT to me, and I PERSONALLY appreciate each person who is involved, especially that hair challenged (me, too), Rhodes playing, Starbucks coffee drinkin" old softy up north.

Thanks, all,

R.

[This message has been edited by captain Russ (edited 04-05-2007).]
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Challenge Time (for Dave's kids...)! - 04/05/07 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by captain Russ:

This is IMPORTANT to me, and I PERSONALLY appreciate each person who is involved, especially that hair challenged (me, too), Rhodes playing, Starbucks coffee drinkin" old softy up north.
Thanks, all,
R.
[This message has been edited by captain Russ (edited 04-05-2007).]

Cap'n ... I doubt that you were referring to me, but the description sure fits ...
t.

Re: Challenge Time (for Dave's kids...)! - 04/05/07 12:40 PM

Tony, you, Dave and I could be triplets!

How's the knee?

Russ

Re: Challenge Time (for Dave's kids...)! - 04/05/07 02:27 PM

Total through today-$500.00. Now let's try to reach $900, or $400 more by midnight Sunday.
If we do, I'll kick in an additional $100.00.

Russ
Posted by: zuki

Re: Challenge Time (for Dave's kids...)! - 04/05/07 04:29 PM

All is very cool to read. UD, been busy, but will be sending a care package in the days ahead.

zuki
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Challenge Time (for Dave's kids...)! - 04/05/07 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by captain Russ:
Tony, you, Dave and I could be triplets!

How's the knee?

Russ

IF any two of us put our heads together, we would make an ars of ourselves !

Well, we are in week 8 and there is still swelling in the knee which prevents me from bending it more than 111 degrees - I should get to 115 - 118 - ... the PT feels I will get there, it will just take time for the body to absorb the fluid ... walking and going up stairs is ok, but going down and getting in and out of a car is a pain - literally ... just have to keep doing the PT 3 times a day ...
thnx for asking ...
t.

Re: Challenge Time (for Dave's kids...)! - 04/05/07 05:22 PM

My heart is happy.

Re: Challenge Time (for Dave's kids...)! - 04/06/07 10:06 AM

Got two and a half days to reach the $900.00 challenge point. If we make it, I'll kick in another $100.00, making our total $1,000.00.

Remember, you can email your pledge amount to Dave and it will count towards our Sunday night (midnight)goal.

thanks,

Russ

Re: Challenge Time (for Dave's kids...)! - 04/08/07 03:54 PM

This Easter season has been a blessed one for sure. We raised $500 for the music program fund at my school, and the attitude and support has been heartwarming.
I will submit all your donations tomorrow, and I promise that we will get a thank you letter out to all who provided me with an address. Thanx again for your unselfish charity. Your actions will bring the joy of music into the hearts of all my kids, no matter how they are involved in the program.

I have to repeat myself - you people ARE THE BEST in the world!

Uncle Dave (Holland !)

Re: Challenge Time (for Dave's kids...)! - 04/09/07 06:24 AM

Thanks to all who have helped with this worthy effort. The Synth member total stands at $500.00 thru last night. I'll match donations up to a personal total of $1000.00 from here on out. That means an additional $400.00 ( My first $400.00 gift is not included in the current $500.00 total).

Dave will email me the total for the week on Sunday night or Monday morning, and I will mail a check on Monday.

My PERSONAL thanks goes to EACH of you who has or will participate.

Remember, you can email a pledge, and it will count as soon as Dave records it (remember to send the cheks, please!). Dave will accept Pay-Pal donations and is working on setting up Pay-Pal at the school.

This is really a GOOD thing we're doing!

Russ

Re: Challenge Time (for Dave's kids...)! - 04/11/07 12:52 PM

Sorry to be a pest, but wanted to ask you folks not to forget this very worthwhile project.

We'll have an update on total contributions on Monday. Remember, I'm matching all contributions up to a personal total of $1000.00 (actually, $1005.00).

thanks,

russ

Re: Challenge Time (for Dave's kids...)! - 04/13/07 08:36 AM

Leaving for the first job of the week-end and will not be back until Monday.

Any pledges (up to an additional $400.00) will be matched, and pledges can be emailed to Dave.

Here's a chance to get double "Bang for your Bucks"!.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Russ

Re: Challenge Time (for Dave's kids...)! - 04/16/07 07:38 AM

Update: Total thru the week-end was $600.00. I'm sending an additional $75.00 today.

Remember, I'm still matching donations up to a personal total of $1000.00, not counting the Morrel steel.

Here's your chance to "double your money" and help Dave's kids.

They'll appreciate it. And, so will I.

Russ

Re: Challenge Time (for Dave's kids...)! - 04/16/07 06:01 PM

Ding - Ding - Ding !!!! Add $25 more ( 50, with Russ's matching donation ! )

Thanx guys !