Any sound forge users here?

Posted by: Philip1

Any sound forge users here? - 10/29/03 01:00 PM

Hi everyone,

I just started recording with sound forge. Look great, but I'm having trouble figuring out some (what I hope are) basics.

I'm trying to record a music track and a vocal track seperately, and then mix them. What I can't figure out is, once I've recorded the music track, how do I get that track (sound 1) to play while I'm recording the vocals (sound 2). I imagine there must be a way to do it, else how could you synchronise different tracks...?

Any help appreciated!

Philip
Posted by: Roel

Re: Any sound forge users here? - 10/29/03 01:29 PM

Philip,

I'm a SF 6.0 user. As far as I know SF is a sound EDITOR that is able to process Mono or Stereo recordings. Multi-tracking is NOT a feature of the versions I know !

E.g. Cakewalk, Cooledit and Cubase can handle multitrack recordings.

Roel
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: Any sound forge users here? - 10/29/03 01:58 PM

Unfortunately, this high-quality, expensive program cannot do what you want. However, there is a very inexpensive program that can. Cakewalk's Music Creator 2003 will not only provide you with excellent multitrack recording, but additionally, has a great editor. The program sells for just $39 and is available at Best Buy in the U.S.. If I recall, you are in Israel and I'm not sure what's available there. You may be able to purchase the program online as well.

Good Luck,

Gary
Posted by: Philip1

Re: Any sound forge users here? - 10/29/03 02:07 PM

quite surprising that it cant do it. What's weird is that it DOES have the capability to MIX two tracks...

In any case, I downloaded a free program called Audacity that does what I want, and very easily too. I'll be playing around with it more tomorrow. Has anyone here used it for this purpose? It came recommended by the folks over at psrtutorial...

Philip
Posted by: Fran Carango

Re: Any sound forge users here? - 10/29/03 05:46 PM

Use their other products such as Acid Pro 4, it will do it all..
Posted by: Scott Langholff

Re: Any sound forge users here? - 10/29/03 07:30 PM

Hello

I don't know which version of Sound Forge you have but when I got mine 5.0, they also included there Vega multi-track program. You might want to check, you may already have what you need.

Best

Scott Langholff