Fran had to try the S900 & T2 for the Second Time. today....

Posted by: Dnj

Fran had to try the S900 & T2 for the Second Time. today.... - 09/25/07 11:40 AM

But.....You can't teach an Old "Roland" Dog
New Tricks while we were in the Toy department of Sam Ash & GC this morning.......I'm sure Fran will post an indepth review also.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 09-25-2007).]
Posted by: Fran Carango

Re: Fran had to try the S900 & T2 for the Second Time. today.... - 09/25/07 12:29 PM

A picture is worth a thousand words
Posted by: jedi

Re: Fran had to try the S900 & T2 for the Second Time. today.... - 09/25/07 01:05 PM

Where was that !!!!!

There are NO stores in my area , save for one GC , and they don`t have any arrangers higher than a PSR-E403 !!

Do they have a brand new sealed in box PSR-3000 ?

Fran the keys are not that good , but it`s the rubber buttons that bug me,

But I have to admit , the S900 is the most value for the money.
It has everything , even stuff the Pa-800 lacks ( notation and score for one `er 2 )

I got to know where that place is !!!!!

Have fun !

Gary
Posted by: jedi

Re: Fran had to try the S900 & T2 for the Second Time. today.... - 09/25/07 01:08 PM

Sorry I didn`read , Sam Ash and GC , but where ?

Gary
Posted by: zuki

Re: Fran had to try the S900 & T2 for the Second Time. today.... - 09/25/07 01:56 PM

Posted by: CoasterTim

Re: Fran had to try the S900 & T2 for the Second Time. today.... - 09/25/07 02:36 PM

My guess is the 2nd pic was taken at the Cherry Hill or Franklin Mills Sam Ash store near Philly.

I like the PSR-S900 for the very reason that it provides alot for the $$$...good enough for my doodling.

BTW - Fran, I couldn't help notice how your thumbs don't work...hope they heal soon!

Tim

[This message has been edited by CoasterTim (edited 09-25-2007).]

Re: Fran had to try the S900 & T2 for the Second Time. today.... - 09/25/07 03:04 PM

Both stores are in Cherry Hill, NJ..

My thumbs are drooping from playing the heavy key action of the S900...

Sorry I can never get use to the size and feel of the PSR type keys..The Tyros effort at semi weighted are a little better ,but not nearly enough..and still under sized..

I am use to the Roland G bed and there are no comparison to me..

You can have an average piano sound and a great key fell will make it sound better because of the touch..On the other hand..a great piano sound with a poor key feel..is unacceptable..
Posted by: msutliff

Re: Fran had to try the S900 & T2 for the Second Time. today.... - 09/25/07 03:33 PM

You knew that was coming.

I tried to flip his thumbs around but didn't like the way it turned out.

-mike
Posted by: ianmcnll

Re: Fran had to try the S900 & T2 for the Second Time. today.... - 09/25/07 03:38 PM

Re: Fran had to try the S900 & T2 for the Second Time. today.... - 09/25/07 05:22 PM

I guess I will need one of these now.. http://www.tipjars.com/electronic-tip-jar-s/TJB-Demo/Tip-Jar-Demo

Re: Fran had to try the S900 & T2 for the Second Time. today.... - 09/25/07 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
I guess I will need one of these now..

You mean the girl right?

Re: Fran had to try the S900 & T2 for the Second Time. today.... - 09/25/07 05:28 PM

You are to sharp for me..I can't fool you!!
Posted by: Rejected Idol

Re: Fran had to try the S900 & T2 for the Second Time. today.... - 09/25/07 08:12 PM

TEE HEE HEE.

R/I

[This message has been edited by Rejected Idol (edited 09-25-2007).]

Re: Fran had to try the S900 & T2 for the Second Time. today.... - 09/25/07 08:39 PM

test..

[This message has been edited by Fran Carango (edited 09-25-2007).]
Posted by: Nick G

Re: Fran had to try the S900 & T2 for the Second Time. today.... - 09/26/07 12:27 AM

our heroic 'professional' says the keys are too small for him...

a good tradesman never blames his tools...
Posted by: JIMSAX

Re: Fran had to try the S900 & T2 for the Second Time. today.... - 09/26/07 03:19 AM

Fran,

To bad you only have two thumbs!!!!

Jim

Re: Fran had to try the S900 & T2 for the Second Time. today.... - 09/26/07 04:22 AM

I just want to say...

Thanks Fran, for all your help.

These PICTURES(especially the one with the chicken hat) COMBINED with your recent G70 DEMOS have been the BEST advertisements Yamaha could ever have hoped for...a new standard for someone who is truly "all thumbs".

I have sent copies to several potential S900/Tyros2 clients as well as to a few Yamaha compatriots.

Your participation in Yamaha's sales and promotion is greatly appreciated.

Sorry you can't get paid in monetary terms, but it was obvious from the very start that you are not the kind to expect anything for your charitable and self deprecating efforts.

What a guy!

A big thumbs up, and a tip of the chicken hat to you, sir, and, please sir, could we have some more?

Ian the Grateful.

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 09-26-2007).]
Posted by: trident

Re: Fran had to try the S900 & T2 for the Second Time. today.... - 09/26/07 06:41 AM

LOL

Ian,
You guys are unbelievable....
Looking in my crystal ball, I see this
thead going the way the "Laura" thread went

Mike,
you couldn't flip Fran's thumbs around... but you surely could insert a G-1000 and a G-70 in the picture. That would be much easier.

[This message has been edited by trident (edited 09-26-2007).]

Re: Fran had to try the S900 & T2 for the Second Time. today.... - 09/26/07 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by trident:
You guys are unbelievable....
Looking in my crystal ball, I see this thead going the way the "Laura" thread went

Naaah, I don't think so, Trident...Donny has already been busy removing his initial posts (not surprised...happens often) so that the thread won't make much sense, but, at least the best picture still remains.

Absolutely priceless!

The boys at Yamaha LOVED it!

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 09-26-2007).]

Re: Fran had to try the S900 & T2 for the Second Time. today.... - 09/26/07 07:14 AM

Yap all you want, Thumbs say it all

Re: Fran had to try the S900 & T2 for the Second Time. today.... - 09/26/07 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Yap all you want, Thumbs say it all

No, Donny, "all thumbs" says it all.

Haven't laughed so hard since my mother-in-law fell down the basement stairs.

Ian
Posted by: msutliff

Re: Fran had to try the S900 & T2 for the Second Time. today.... - 09/26/07 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by trident:
Mike, you couldn't flip Fran's thumbs around... but you surely could insert a G-1000 and a G-70 in the picture. That would be much easier.

Nah, better not stir the pot TOO much.

-mike

PS. On the technical side, it's easy to move the thumb but I wanted to rotate the entire hand and show the other side of his closed fist at the same time (more realistic). I looked for samples to cut&paste in but gave up on how it was turning out. Maybe another time.....
Posted by: zuki

Re: Fran had to try the S900 & T2 for the Second Time. today.... - 09/26/07 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Haven't laughed so hard since my mother-in-law fell down the basement stairs.

Ian

Now THAT'S cruel

Re: Fran had to try the S900 & T2 for the Second Time. today.... - 09/26/07 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:

Now THAT'S cruel

You never met my mother-in-law.
Posted by: CoasterTim

Re: Fran had to try the S900 & T2 for the Second Time. today.... - 09/26/07 08:06 AM

FRAN,

Thanks for being a good sport. It doesn't concern me what keyboard you prefer...you're still a class act!

Love ya, man
Tim

Re: Fran had to try the S900 & T2 for the Second Time. today.... - 09/26/07 09:02 AM

BTW: I didn't put up the pics..They aren't even my pics...They are my pose, and really do reflect my opinions ..But, I am still glad to help Yamaha supply the line to home users every where..
Posted by: Nigel

Re: Fran had to try the S900 & T2 for the Second Time. today.... - 09/26/07 11:21 AM

And I think we are all done here now.