Yamaha Radio

Posted by: Tom Cavanaugh

Yamaha Radio - 11/17/05 01:44 PM

Has anyone tuned in to that that internet radio station that only plays music played on Yamaha keyboards? If so how about a review?

Tom
Posted by: trevorjohn

Re: Yamaha Radio - 11/17/05 01:51 PM

What's it called Tom?
Posted by: GlennT

Re: Yamaha Radio - 11/17/05 04:24 PM

Interesting what you can find. There's a station that only plays music including pedal steel guitar... 24/7

Glenn
Posted by: Bluezplayer

Re: Yamaha Radio - 11/17/05 04:38 PM

Never heard of it ( Yamaha station ) but it is interesting. I loved when I could tune in stations from all over the country and the world, but then the RIAA got involved and complained that the stations weren't properly compensating their artists for the amount of extra listeners, and many of the stations decided to fold up their net operations instead of paying the rotalties demanded.

So, I haven't tuned in as much, but the one station I still love to listen to is the Anet station that "broadcasts" from Antartica. So much really good acoustic guitar work plays on it... Real mellow and helps me to sleep nicely when I'm a little wound up.

AJ

Re: Yamaha Radio - 11/18/05 05:37 AM

It was on a Synthzone posting dated 11/1/05. Here is the link:
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/011930.html

Tom

Re: Yamaha Radio - 11/18/05 05:54 AM

I received an email from Bruce the creator of PSR radio. He said that there were only about 2 listeners so he shut it down. Perhaps if it were open to all keyboard users and vocals the response might have been better.

Tom