Another lurker discovered

Posted by: DonM

Another lurker discovered - 02/20/04 08:02 AM

I just found out that there is another local guy here who monitors the forum He has a PSR2000. It looks like he would speak up, since he is an attorney!!
Come on out of the closet "Q".
DonM
Posted by: BEBOP

Re: Another lurker discovered - 02/20/04 08:21 AM

HI DON,
We have a lot of lurkers here in the forum. I get requests from people every week to be added to my Forum email lists. I have never seen them post in the forums. I advise them they must be forum members to be in one of the lists. then they post their first and often only post, but sometimes become active in the 7 email lists I operate and maintain. Some of these folks advise me they have read the forums every day for years
S0.......... I invite you all to come out of the closet and share with us. There is no discrimination here and even though many post often they don't own the place and may or may not be experts. If they are experts then you can learn from them and if they are not you can learn how to ignore them
Just another learner,
Bebop
Posted by: squeak_D

Re: Another lurker discovered - 02/20/04 08:48 AM

Yeah I know what you guys mean.. I know a former co-worker who owns a PSR-740. It was cool to find out he frequented the Zone, but I don't think he posts.... Actually if he reads this drop me an email because you asked me about making you some styles a ways back..

Squeak

Re: Another lurker discovered - 02/20/04 12:01 PM

Hey Squeak, I got a Hip-Hop style.
. . .
Are you ready??
. . .
"Here Comes Peter Cottontail. . ."

just in time for Easter.

Hey, it's my string, I can get off topic if I want to.

DonM
Posted by: squeak_D

Re: Another lurker discovered - 02/20/04 12:49 PM

Don,
I wouldn't be surprised if you hear that song redone by some rap or hip hop artist It seems everyone is running out of ideas, and they take the easy way out by using someone elses stuff.

Squeak
Posted by: jeremy_norbury

Re: Another lurker discovered - 02/20/04 02:00 PM

Doh! I have to admit to being a lurker here too.

Jerry

Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:
HI DON,
We have a lot of lurkers here in the forum. I get requests from people every week to be added to my Forum email lists. I have never seen them post in the forums. I advise them they must be forum members to be in one of the lists. then they post their first and often only post, but sometimes become active in the 7 email lists I operate and maintain. Some of these folks advise me they have read the forums every day for years
S0.......... I invite you all to come out of the closet and share with us. There is no discrimination here and even though many post often they don't own the place and may or may not be experts. If they are experts then you can learn from them and if they are not you can learn how to ignore them
Just another learner,
Bebop

Re: Another lurker discovered - 02/20/04 02:48 PM

All right! Welcome aboard Jerry. I used to play tennis in my younger days. Do you have an arranger?
DonM www.donmasonmusic.com
Posted by: sk880user

Re: Another lurker discovered - 02/20/04 03:08 PM

Welcome jeremy
Posted by: keybplayer

Re: Another lurker discovered - 02/20/04 03:14 PM

Glad to have you finally post Jerry. The more you do it the easier it gets.

I take it your a Brit that is living in Amsterdam?

Again; thanks for your participation and for coming out of the dark and into the light.

Best regards,
Mike
Posted by: TheBish

Re: Another lurker discovered - 02/20/04 06:56 PM

Hi Guys....Another lurker here. I am guilty of being a lurker for about 4 years now. I guess this post has inspired me to crawl out of the woodwork. Just wanted to say that this is my favorite forum, which I read almost every day. I feel like I know all you guys! I am a freelance musician around the Fort Wayne, Indiana area. Have used a Roland EM2000 for alot of my one-man-band type gigs for a couple of years. Due to alot of popping and cracking from the speakers, I recently switched to the PSR 2100 which I am trying to get use to...Anyway, just wanted to say hi and quit being a lurker....Gary Bishop
Posted by: vclocke

Re: Another lurker discovered - 02/20/04 11:35 PM

Hey Bebop,

Maybe the "long time" lurkers need another title (when they come out of the closet) like "special" junior member.

vc

------------------
Vern
Posted by: jeremy_norbury

Re: Another lurker discovered - 02/21/04 01:06 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome...

Yes, I am a Brit living in Amsterdam - I'm originally from Yorkshire. I've lived here for nearly 7 years now. Previous to that I lived in Hermosa Beach, California.

Like many others here, I have a PSR2000, which I'm very happy with. And I suspect I'll be having a PSR3000 when they become available. I learnt to play electronic organ as a child - I'm now 40.

I'm a fair weather tennis player, so I get plenty of chance to practive the keyboard here :-)

Now, let's talk keyboards...

Jerry

Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
All right! Welcome aboard Jerry. I used to play tennis in my younger days. Do you have an arranger?
DonM www.donmasonmusic.com

[This message has been edited by jeremy_norbury (edited 02-21-2004).]

Re: Another lurker discovered - 02/21/04 03:34 PM

Welcome also to Gary. It's great to have some new blood. I know there are more out there. I know two personally. They are low-life rat scum for not stepping forward.
DonM
Posted by: BEBOP

Re: Another lurker discovered - 02/21/04 05:00 PM

HEY TO JERRY AND GARY
Hey dudes glad you came out of the closet. We all welcome you to this great forum. You are also invited to come over to the SynthZone Jam in San Jose, California on May 22/23.
Hope to hear from you often
Best to you and yours,
Bebop
Posted by: renig

Re: Another lurker discovered - 02/21/04 05:40 PM

Here's the lyrics from the hook of a song our old band once released, probably the biggest flop in the history of Decca Records, but it says everything to all the 'lurkers' out there.

Come on in,
Don't be shy,
Meet the family.
Play your cards right, and by Sunday
You'll be round for tea.

Welcome aboard, folks!
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: Another lurker discovered - 02/21/04 08:15 PM

Jeremy and Gary--Welcome to the asylum! You both have been lurking longer than I've actually been here. Nice to have some new folks posting.

Cheers,

Gary
Posted by: RichUK

Re: Another lurker discovered - 02/21/04 09:48 PM

Hi Jerry and Gary, good to see you!

lol Don, your rat scum remark cracked me up...

[This message has been edited by RichUK (edited 02-21-2004).]
Posted by: TheBish

Re: Another lurker discovered - 02/22/04 12:41 PM

Thank you guys for the warm welcome. Hopefully I may have something worthwhile to say now and then. Gary
Posted by: dlstarry

Re: Another lurker discovered - 02/22/04 02:12 PM

Welcome aboard Gary & Jerry.
Denny
Posted by: OldNewb

Re: Another lurker discovered - 02/22/04 02:22 PM

Jump in! The water's fine.

A hearty welcome to you both!!

------------------
The old Newb
Posted by: eddiefromrotherham

Re: Another lurker discovered - 02/23/04 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jeremy_norbury:
Yes, I am a Brit living in Amsterdam - I'm originally from Yorkshire.

Hi and welcome Jerry.
Anyone who is originally from Yorkshire is a very special person
You will see from my signing name that I am in the south of Yorkshire, born and bred.

Welcome to our Forum, there are a lot of nice guys on here and you will be no exception in my opinion.

cheers
Eddie Johnson

------------------
Eddie from Rotherham
www.yamahakeyboards.info

Posted by: Tom Cavanaugh

Re: Another lurker discovered - 02/23/04 05:39 PM

Now if we can just Hank to come out of the weeds. Come on Hank we know you are there.

Tom
Posted by: Jean Olivia

Re: Another lurker discovered - 02/23/04 05:54 PM

Not even one lady lurker? Come on girls!! Jean Olivia
Posted by: keybplayer

Re: Another lurker discovered - 02/23/04 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Cavanaugh:
Now if we can just get Hank to come out of the weeds. Come on Hank we know you are there.

Tom

You mean Hank Williams Jr? Nah!! Really??

I didn't know Hank took a 'hankering' to Arranger Keyboards? That's a new one to me. Cool!!

I sure liked his Dad's songwriting ability.

Humm,......... Hank Williams Jr. looking in on us common folk. Imagine that, wud ya'! Yee Haw!! You know, Hank Jr. was born in DonM's neck of the woods. Yep! Shreveport, LA. He's got Country flowing in his veins right from the get go.

I can't wait until he finally comes out of the 'weeds' and bestows his generosity and vast musical knowledge with all us pea pickers. Come on Hank! You can do it!!

Best regards,
Mike
Posted by: cassp

Re: Another lurker discovered - 02/26/04 10:45 AM

Welcome Gary and Jerry !!!

If you have been lurkers for years, you should know that no subject is too serious, silly or off-topic. Please continue to read, and we hope you will join in freely.

Re: Another lurker discovered - 02/26/04 01:12 PM

Tom,
Hank's hard drive crashed, so he was out of commission temporarily. Also, he has been fighting pneumonia for about a month.
Maybe if we wish him well, he'll feel guilty and speak up.
DonM

Re: Another lurker discovered - 02/26/04 04:43 PM

Get well real soon Hank--we need some new blood here.

Gary
Posted by: synerjim

Re: Another lurker discovered - 02/27/04 02:01 PM

Hi Folks,
Just as always, this is really a great forum!
Sorry to be a lurker for sometime for the fear of being not be able to post regularly. My hat goes for people like UD, Scott, Don, Gary, Mike, Bebop & others for posting regularly. I'm really enjoying/learning a lot from this forum, even i've been in electronic music for many years now (as a semi-pro/hobby). Just like many of you, i have owned arrangers like Korg, Technics, Roland, Yamaha & Casio. Right now, I'm using Korg PA-80, Digitech VR, another Digitech pedal type vocal processor (i forgot the name), Shure headset mike, HP Laptop, Peavey PA system or Logitech ZX2400 2.1 speaker system for my on/off gigs. I'm not a good kb player neither a very good vocalist just enough to satisfy an audience. Influences are Beatles, Elvis, Herman's Hermits, Buddy Holly, & their contemps, also some newer pop bands/singers. Due to this forum, i'm now rediscovering the awesome Big Bands music.
I'm planning to join the get-together on May even for a day or so. I'm from Southern California, originally from the Far East (Philippines).
Sorry for the long post.
Jimmy

------------------
Jimmy
Posted by: Scottyee

Re: Another lurker discovered - 02/27/04 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by synerjim:
I'm planning to join the get-together on May even for a day or so. I'm from Southern California, originally from the Far East (Philippines).Jimmy

Jimmy, a BIG Synthzone welcome to you. Seeing that you've been a member since 10/27/03, I'm glad you finally decided to make yourself known here. Sounds like you have quite an extensive history and experience with arrangers so your opinions will be really valued. Looking forward to hearing your music.

Great to hear you can make it to our Synthzone get together in San Jose on May 22nd & 23rd. Please confirm your attendance ASAP by mailing a check for $10 payable to Bill Forrest to:

Bill Forrest
195 Blossom Hill Road
Lot #279
San Jose, California 95123

Jimmy, you can optionally use the above convenient Synthzone 'PayPal donate' option at the top of this page, if you prefer. Just specify that the money be applied to the 'San Jose Synthzone Get Together'. Looking forward to seeing you there. - Scott

Re: Another lurker discovered - 02/28/04 07:33 AM

Hi Jimmy,

Welcome to the wonderful world of insanity. Glad your among the many who is discovering those great, big-band sounds produced by these incredible keyboards.

Cheers,

Gary

Re: Another lurker discovered - 02/28/04 10:04 AM

Hank is in the hospital. They are running tests and changing medication and sticking him full of holes.
I will visit him today and post again. He has promised to come out of the closet when he gets well!
DonM

Re: Another lurker discovered - 02/28/04 01:44 PM

My prayer goes to Frank. I'm also battling a chronic G.I. condition. I know how to be sick. In fact that's one of the main reason i'm not able to spend more time performing as the symptoms can be debilitating. If not by my Faith to our Creator, i do not where i am now.

I'll send a check for the Synth Zone get together.

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I'm hoping to see most of you on May.

------------------
Jimmy

Re: Another lurker discovered - 02/28/04 01:48 PM

Correction, my prayer goes to Frank. Pls. let's all pray for him.
Thanks.

------------------
Jimmy