KORG PA 80

Posted by: tajna92

KORG PA 80 - 05/06/05 01:15 AM

Hi
I,m buying new PA 80 and wondering is there anything to be aware of???
Posted by: pianodano

Re: KORG PA 80 - 05/06/05 06:55 AM

Yeah - How much time you are going to spend with it. I sure love mine.

Danny
Posted by: silva

Re: KORG PA 80 - 05/06/05 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tajna92:
Hi
I,m buying new PA 80 and wondering is there anything to be aware of???

Hi tajna92

Did you consider to buying PA1X instead of PA80?

Franky
Posted by: adimatis

Re: KORG PA 80 - 05/06/05 08:39 AM

or did you consider little brother, PA50?
Posted by: ricok987

Re: KORG PA 80 - 05/06/05 05:34 PM

I have the PA-50 and I have to say I liked the PA much more than the Triton LE. I traded the LE straight up for the PA-50, and was so glad I did. Being able to customize all the styles on the keyboard was what sold me on it. The dual sequencer is great too. If I had anything negative to say about the PA it would be that it takes a lot of practice to make quick changes of voices, or mixer setting in real time. I have a fully loaded motif-6 to compliment my PA so I have Yamaha's great sound coupled with the Korg PA's versatility.
Posted by: adimatis

Re: KORG PA 80 - 05/07/05 03:22 AM

did you, or someone else, try different sound modules togheter with PA?
while playing live, i believe the sounds are pretty ok, right? but maybe for some studio work you want something even better...
i am just asking what do you think about this?
Posted by: ricok987

Re: KORG PA 80 - 05/07/05 03:39 AM

For SMF playback, and style play the PA-50 is great right out of the box. To give my songs some extra ompf I use the Motif. I have the AN, DX, and VL modeling expansion cards for it, and also the motif has a breath controler input, as well as a pattern sequencer. This gives me a tremendous amount of tools to work with. The EP's on the Motif are better than the Korg. But, the Korg's voices are integrated to work within the styles, and midi files. I find that I use the motif to play solos, and the PA-50 the backing tracks. The Motif has a nice feature that lets you store a bank of patch Favorites that you can bring up instantly.
Posted by: Tomcat

Re: KORG PA 80 - 05/07/05 06:41 AM

Hi Pianodano,

Say, did you get rid of your Tyros and get the Pa80 instead? Is it working out better for you in the studio with Sonar for sequencing and doing the things you were unhappy with the Tyros because it wouldn't do them?

Thanks for any info,
Tom

------------------
Bigger is not always better
Posted by: tajna92

Re: KORG PA 80 - 05/07/05 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by silva:
Hi tajna92

Did you consider to buying PA1X instead of PA80?

Franky

Hmmm
would love to but even pa 80 is pretty expensive for me....
Posted by: silva

Re: KORG PA 80 - 05/07/05 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tajna92:

Hmmm
would love to but even pa 80 is pretty expensive for me....

In this case, maybe PA50/60 or PSR1500/3000.
Posted by: pianodano

Re: KORG PA 80 - 05/07/05 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tomcat:
Hi Pianodano,

Say, did you get rid of your Tyros and get the Pa80 instead? Is it working out better for you in the studio with Sonar for sequencing and doing the things you were unhappy with the Tyros because it wouldn't do them?

Thanks for any info,
Tom

Hi Tom,

It's been awhile. Actually I bought the PA-80 before the tyros. I just wanted the best that both had to offer at the time. I still have the Tyros but it is dying on me. Steve D. said to send it back for repairs so I am thinking of getting a Motif rack just to be able to use the Yamaha sounds. I have st myself up with a couple of P4 puters and I am collecting sample libraries now. Have EWQLSO Gold, Real guitar and BFD drums. Wow is that stuff great.

Danny