Here is an upbeat tune from the MS

Posted by: Magica Alfa

Here is an upbeat tune from the MS - 04/12/07 05:45 PM

This song is only showing some chords and playing solo with right hand.

This is fast work, so if somebody will find here some mistakes please don't kill me.

http://download.yousendit.com/A2781D3843C20518

So I'm playing for my pleasure, when I'm having time.

Best regards.

Magica ALFA
Posted by: Diki

Re: Here is an upbeat tune from the MS - 04/12/07 05:56 PM

Thanks, Alfa, for being brave and posting that.

In all fairness, I think that what most of us want to hear is the style section, you don't have to play almost anything with your right hand, and definitely not as loud (compared to the rhythm) that that!

What most of us are probably interested in hearing is - how well does the arranger engine cope with slightly off-time chord input, how well do the fills transition in and out of the variations, how well do the variations 'build' etc., etc..?

But don't be discouraged, and please post more.....

Re: Here is an upbeat tune from the MS - 04/12/07 06:13 PM

Of course I will do some more songs with stlyles if you want to listen them.

See you soon.

Best regards.

Magica Alfa
Posted by: rphillipchuk

Re: Here is an upbeat tune from the MS - 04/12/07 06:14 PM

Hi Alfa
Ditto to what Diki said.....I am sure that everyone will download these after the lengthy dialogs here on the ms..
What I would like to hear, is the Styles, played with out melody, following the Progression from Var1 to var4.

intro-var1-var2-var3-var4-end.

Without dis-respecting anyone, any styles except for the latin genre.

many thanks
Ron
Posted by: squeak_D

Re: Here is an upbeat tune from the MS - 04/12/07 07:16 PM

Is that guitar voice part of the presets for the Mediastation? That's a very promising guitar voice. A lot can be done with the nuances.

However, I have to say IMO "wrong choice of lead voice" for this one. I'd suggest something like a strat sound (nice clean strat with a little reverb and chorus), or distorded guitar.

Re: Here is an upbeat tune from the MS - 04/12/07 09:52 PM

Thanks ALL

I had mad first part with wih NYLON GUITAR with full changing of velocity nothing else. I played it on my MS. This guitar is part of library that every of user can download from server.

Yes you are right. about choice of sound.
Next time I will use more fender stratocaster. One great sound of fender I got from good friend. So I use it to play solo of lead guitar. I used also VST overdrive effect and emulation of combo for showing you special soound of guitar.

Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
Is that guitar voice part of the presets for the Mediastation? That's a very promising guitar voice. A lot can be done with the nuances.

However, I have to say IMO "wrong choice of lead voice" for this one. I'd suggest something like a strat sound (nice clean strat with a little reverb and chorus), or distorded guitar.
Posted by: spalding

Re: Here is an upbeat tune from the MS - 04/13/07 12:34 AM

thanks for posting Magica Alfa. Same comments as the others really. Wouldlike to hear how the arranger element of the MS sounds when in the hands of a user like you and me
Posted by: Taike

Re: Here is an upbeat tune from the MS - 04/13/07 02:04 AM

Magica, you have the heart of a true musician. You believe in yourself and in what you can do with your instrument and that's what matters most.

Taike
Posted by: abacus

Re: Here is an upbeat tune from the MS - 04/13/07 05:12 AM

Hi Magica, may I suggest that when you demo the style you do not choose one that is song specific, but more general purpose, and then follow this pattern.
1. Choose your key and style
2. Start with a medium to long intro and go straight into variation 1
3. Just before the end of the style loop activate the fill/break and go straight into variation 2
4. As 3 but go back into variation 1
5. As 3 but go into variation 3
6. As 4
7. As 3 but go into variation 4
8. Finish off with a medium to long ending
This will showcase all the variations and also demonstrate how well the fill/break integrates with the variations.
As I mentioned at the beginning this is only a suggestion, but it normally gives a nice balance.
Look forward to your posts

Bill
Posted by: Fran Carango

Re: Here is an upbeat tune from the MS - 04/13/07 06:24 AM

I think this demo was created in the right mood..He is showing the MS just as it is used in a real playing situation..If you can not follow the pattern that he used, it is not the creators fault..

If you need an isolated[boring] sequence of variation play and fills..your best avenue is go find a MS and play the styles..

This demonstrator showed the ability to use this MS in a creative demo..

I know some of you are hard to please, and I have to say "bravo" to the demonstrator...or should I say "brave one"...Excellent job Z.........
Posted by: squeak_D

Re: Here is an upbeat tune from the MS - 04/13/07 06:49 AM

I don't see anything wrong with wanting to hear the transition from one variation to the next. This is a very critical timing issue for arrangers. I remember this being an issue with the Korg PA series in the past, and several complaints about it.

So I think it wouldn't hurt to hear that. In the end if one is going to inveset in a purchase as large as the Mediastation I know I'd want to know if the variation transition has no timing issues. That's just me though.

Fran, how's that Mediastation working out for ya.... She keeping your up at nights? Is your G-1000 plotting against it yet

Re: Here is an upbeat tune from the MS - 04/13/07 07:26 AM

Fran, be realistic. You can't find these rare creatures anywhere near the majority of players in the USA, probably the same most everywhere else.

So we need someone to do what we would do ourselves if we COULD get our hands on one.....

And Alfa, that guitar sound with the 'bends'.... If I were you, I might change the velocity curve so that you have to hit it a bit harder to get the 'bend'. It sounds like it is triggering far more than you actually intended. Or move the trigger to a footpedal. even better. Then you could bend on a quiet note, too, if you wanted...

Re: Here is an upbeat tune from the MS - 04/13/07 07:31 AM

Yeah, and Fran..... You actually gigging with the MS by itself yet? How many months you had it now?

Be honest, my friend. If someone calls up for a four hour gig, would you take the MS OR your G1000 (can't take both!)?

(And let me know when Dom makes a Chord Sequencer for it! My order might just come straight in....)

Re: Here is an upbeat tune from the MS - 04/13/07 08:08 AM

Thanks everybody.

I thought that you will kill me but for first time is good.

Diki next time I will try to do with new velocity and different band.

I hope that you will give me your suggestions what ever they will be.

I will go to play this weekend with my MS. I can tell you that my MS is playing all the time here in my area.

Thanks ABACUS.

Good idea for next time. I will give you some jumping from variations soon as possible.

You must only know what you want and enjoy in playing.

Thanks once more time.

I wish you all full of good gigs what ever you play.

Best regards.

Magica ALFA

[This message has been edited by Magica Alfa (edited 04-13-2007).]
Posted by: richard_shiflet

Re: Here is an upbeat tune from the MS - 04/13/07 09:54 AM

Magica,

I like your Demo, very realistic guitars.
Good job