Modules

Posted by: zuki

Modules - 05/25/03 08:56 AM

Hello again,
Up here in cold, dank and gloomy Michigan, I am seeking advice on a good module to compliment my PSR9000. I was thinking of the new ME-1 (Kurz), which is fairly inexpensive and supposedly great pianos, etc. Then I was thinking more abstract and considering the Roland expandable units (JV ect). I want to be able to grab some nice sounds and use in my sequence. Any suggestions? Of interest to go along with the great PSR9000 sounds I'd like are: better/fuller acoustic pianos, synth and pads and maybe some strings.
Thanks for your help,
Zuki
Posted by: cassp

Re: Modules - 05/25/03 12:46 PM

Fellow Michigander,

I think the ME-1 would be a great module, except I'm not sure if it is GM (general midi). Otherwise, the Kurzweil sounds are fantastic.
MY next choice would be any of the Roland sound mods (JV1010, 2020, SC55, 88, Edirol SD20 - 90, etc.) because they have a different timbre than the Yammys. I bought an SC88 on eBay for $200. AMS may still sell an EM100 GM sound module for about $60 - I have one of those too. Believe it or not, it has a Roland GM chip in it and does a great job for a little price and very little onboard control (AC,vol. MIDI in/out, mini stereo out).

------------------
Cass Pawlowski - Motown
PSR2000, SC88, Cakewalk

[This message has been edited by cassp (edited 05-25-2003).]