Anyone know when the Yamaha PSR-550 will be available?

Posted by: squeak_D

Anyone know when the Yamaha PSR-550 will be available? - 02/25/01 10:42 PM

I saw the New PSR550 on Yamaha's NAMM site, and it's a lot nicer in appearance than the older model, plus there is a 200 song data base and mulit-color diplay now added to it.. Does anyone know when Yamaha will have this one on the market....

Thanks,
Squeak

Also anyone know the price for it? I've heard several prices, but nothing concrete...
Posted by: DanO1

Re: Anyone know when the Yamaha PSR-550 will be available? - 03/01/01 08:50 PM

I will try and keep you posted. Dan O
oneils4@home.com
Posted by: Clif Anderson

Re: Anyone know when the Yamaha PSR-550 will be available? - 03/02/01 04:01 AM

I heard it will be available "second quarter". I have a brochure on it. The multi-color display appears to be monochrome! It is not like Technics where multiple colors can be displayed at the same time. It is as though the backlighting color were changed.
Posted by: George Kaye

Re: Anyone know when the Yamaha PSR-550 will be available? - 03/02/01 07:01 AM

Cliff,
You are right on both points. The 550 is due to arrive in April and the colors change for different functions and are only one color at a time. No big deal in my opinion. The major new feature will be having the same kind of data base feature like the PSR9000 and pro which allows you to choose a genre and the styles and sounds and effects will all change will be good one.
George Kaye
Posted by: squeak_D

Re: Anyone know when the Yamaha PSR-550 will be available? - 03/02/01 09:07 AM

Thanks everyone for your responses.... I too thought the display was nothing like a color monitor, but rather the back light changed according to the function being performed. In a way I can see where this is helpful too. I'm assuming that they are using all the basic colors of the present and past PSR's and those colors are blue(as shown in the pic of the new 550) Orange(from previous models) and Yellow (from the current 540) This can be helpfulfor example if the screen turns orange during recording... When I had my 540 there were many times that I screwed something up because I stepped away and forget what function I was on. The data base is a GREAT feature to it now..

Squeak
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Anyone know when the Yamaha PSR-550 will be available? - 03/04/01 09:13 PM

Sounds like a good Affordable backup to the psr9000 to have just in case. What are some of the features regarding, number of user registrations, midi, etc. Can you sing thru the keyboard also? selling price?

donny
Posted by: George Kaye

Re: Anyone know when the Yamaha PSR-550 will be available? - 03/05/01 08:07 AM

DNJ,
Basically this new model will look just like the current PSR540 keyboard and sell for the exact same price. I don't beleive there are any changes to the way it will deal with midi and the number of registration memories will I beleive be the same (128). The street price should be right around $499.00
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Anyone know when the Yamaha PSR-550 will be available? - 03/05/01 10:48 PM

Thanx George,

can you sing thru the psr540/550 keyboard also?

donny nj
Posted by: Uncle Dave

Re: Anyone know when the Yamaha PSR-550 will be available? - 03/06/01 06:13 AM

Donny,
.....careful! You're going from a BMW to a Yugo!