Scotty...Delta hook up with Skype

Posted by: Anonymous

Scotty...Delta hook up with Skype - 05/16/05 06:40 PM

Scotty you gave me instructions on 5-10-2005.[Impressive PC-PC FREE etc] and I can't get it to work. When I hook up with John_Ca I hear him fine but the mic doesn't work. When I record in Sonar it works fine.
In your explanation I didn't understand the part about the Y adapter. I'd like to go over it with you if you have the time.
Thanks.

Peter
Posted by: Scottyee

Re: Scotty...Delta hook up with Skype - 05/16/05 07:18 PM

Peter,

Go to:

Start> Control Panel> Sound and Audio Devices

Select the Audio Tab
Under the "Sound Recording" Section
1) Verify that the default device selection is actually the soundcard you have your mic plugged into. If it isn't, change the selection to match soundcard used.
2) Select (open) VOLUME button directly under this device name: The "Recording Control Window" should appear.
3) Check input selection & settings of "Recording Control" Window

If you are connecting your mic into your keyboard, and out thru the keyboard's L/R outs, via a Y cable, and into the PC soundcard's LINE IN input jack: make sure 'LINE-IN' is selected (box checked), and it's volume 'level' is set to maximum (or near max).

If you are connecting your mic directly into your PC soundcard's 'MIC-INPUT' jack: make sure 'Microphone' is selected (box checked), and it's volume level is set to maximum (or near max).

Hopefully this should solve the problem. Please keep me posted on your results. Good luck.

Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 05-16-2005).]

Re: Scotty...Delta hook up with Skype - 05/16/05 09:18 PM

Scotty
When you say:

2) Select (open) VOLUME button directly under this device name: The "Recording Control Window" should appear.
3) Check input selection & settings of "Recording Control" Window

The VOLUME button is grayed out and I can't click on it so the "Recording Control Window" doesn't appear.

Also,
I'm not connecting my mic to my keyboard. I't going directly into: AUDIO BUDDY DUAL MIC PREAMP/DIRECT BOX. And underneath that I have my DELTA BREAK OUT BOX with 4 ins and 4 outs. It's probably the same thing you have only the "66".

Does this help you to help me?
Thanks,

Peter
Posted by: Scottyee

Re: Scotty...Delta hook up with Skype - 05/17/05 07:12 AM

I communicated with Peter via both Skype telephone & instant messaging 'chat feature' concurrently, with Peter communicating to me via typing on his keyboard & myself verbally responding.

Quote:
Originally posted by peter dino:
The VOLUME button is grayed out and I can't click on it so the "Recording Control Window" doesn't appear.

It's my understanding that Peter has his mic connected (correctly) into the mic input on his Delta44 outboard box. The Delta44 soundcard apparently includes its own dedicated Recording VOLUME Control settings window which supercedes the WindowsXP one. He confirmed that the Delta44's input channel's Record Volume level was set high with meters responding when he spoke, yet he could not be heard at my end. At that point, I recommended that he contact M-Audio technical support for telephony setup assistance. Other than this, anyone else here have any ideas or suggestions which might help Peter resolve the problem?

Scott

Re: Scotty...Delta hook up with Skype - 05/17/05 10:04 AM

Scotty...just to let you know I got it working. My friend called me and he has the exact setup as me and he told me what to do. It's in the sound devices where you told me to change but, I didn't make the right changes. Anyway it's working now and I'll call you later...
Buy the way, thanks for your concern and help.
I just spoke to John_Ca over Skype and it's working fine.

Later........

Peter