Donny and Uncle Dave

Posted by: Tom Cavanaugh

Donny and Uncle Dave - 06/25/02 08:20 AM

What a great trip we had to the Big Apple. Thanks to all of you for the travel tips. We rode the Statin Island Ferry. It is now FREE and it takes you right past Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty. What a great view. We went to Ground Zero, the Empire State Building (it was night and the view was 25 miles - absolutely splended), Central Park, Wall Street, St. Patricks Cathedral, Manny's, Sam Ash, Times Square and two Broadway plays. We saw "The Phantom of the Opera" for the second time (first time was in Toronto) and we saw "Into the Woods". A friend of ours from Michigan is an understudy in "Into the Woods".

We left NY NY on Thursday and headed for Brick NJ to see Donny. I'll tell you folks straight out, Donny knows how put on a dance. He is a Master at working the crowd. He plays and sings wonderfully and the crowd loves him. They have been going to his dance club every Thursday for the last 7 years. We sat with some regulars while Donny performed and they repeatedly told us how much fun they have at Donny's club.

Donny was a very gracious host and treated my wife and I wonderfully. I want to publically thank him for his hospitality. He's a great guy and I'm so glad I got to meet him in person.

We left Brick NJ at about 9pm and headed to Trenton where the one and only Uncle Dave was performing at the Office Cafe. Uncle Dave also had the crowd in his pocket. He had the PA-80 playing and his excellent vocals filling the room. Watching him perform was like watching a painter create a masterpiece. He even did a dueling banjos bit with a local banjo player and some do-wop with a couple of the locals. I even got to grace the keys of his Korg. He did have the vocal harmony triggered off the right hand. That threw me a bit until I figured out what was happening.

Uncle Dave also was a wonderful host and a very friendly guy. I feel very lucky to have all of you friends on the forum. It was great to be able to meet two of the forums foremost members. I wish we would have had more time to chat and visit.

I know it was a risk losing my wife to the charms and talents of Donny and Uncle Dave but it was worth it.

It's too bad we can't all meet. The members of this forum are all great people. Maybe if I can meet 1 or 2 members a year ................

Click on the link below to view the pictures of Donny and Uncle Dave. I found out that Internet Explorer seems to work best for this. Don't miss the picture of us holding the Synthzone t-shirt that is on page two.

Regards,

Tom

Click here to visit the album on imira.com.

[This message has been edited by Tom Cavanaugh (edited 06-25-2002).]

Posted by: DonM

Re: Donny and Uncle Dave - 06/25/02 08:54 AM

Well you didn't break the camera, but some of the descriptions don't match up. Imira photo page (I called it Ulead earlier) just couldn't handle all that weight.
DonM
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Donny and Uncle Dave - 06/25/02 09:06 AM

Great pics Tom,

It was great to meet you and your wife. I love these get togethers!

Donny
Posted by: Scottyee

Re: Donny and Uncle Dave - 06/25/02 09:38 AM

Tom, thanks for sharing !

Your pics were the: "Next best thing to being there". . . an da 1 an da 2 an da 3 . . .

Scott
Posted by: Eric, B

Re: Donny and Uncle Dave - 06/25/02 09:58 AM

Wow, there is alot of movement right now amongst Synth Zone members.

Thanks for sharing those pics

Eric
Posted by: Uncle Dave

Re: Donny and Uncle Dave - 06/25/02 11:21 AM

Wow - my glasses really gave the lens a workout ! Did you see that bleached-blonde bomshell that was singing with me? She always sings "NATURAL WOMAN" Cracks me up.
(Hair out of a bottle, face out of a jar ... NATURAL?????)
Posted by: Tom Cavanaugh

Re: Donny and Uncle Dave - 06/25/02 11:37 AM

See her? Oh yeah! I guess natural is a relative term. Pat(my wife)IS a natural blond. She is extreamly smart (she married me) and plays piano and pipe organ at our church.

Don, what do you mean some of the descriptions don't match up? Break the lens? Gentlemen I think we've been insulted.
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Donny and Uncle Dave - 06/25/02 11:46 AM

WOW .... it really sounds great with S-Z family members getting together .... if any of you are ever in Rhode Island (li'l rhody) let me know ... UD ... better watch the 'natural' comments, never know who's reading this stuff .... reminds me of the line "She was a 10 at 2, but a 2 at 10" .....
Tom, glad you and Pat enjoyed "the Big Apple" and NJ ..... you sure packed a LOT into a short time frame ...
t.
Posted by: freddynl

Re: Donny and Uncle Dave - 06/25/02 01:33 PM

Nice pictures Tom.
Thanks for sharing.

And....
I'm glad to see that Dave loves Dutch beer
Posted by: DonM

Re: Donny and Uncle Dave - 06/25/02 02:06 PM

Tom, I wasn't joking--the first time I looked at the pictures the descriptions came up with the wrong photos. Also one of the photos wasn't there at all. Maybe it was my computer, or maybe you were still uploading, because now everything looks great . . . as could be expected of course.
I'm really envious of the guys getting together. One of these days . . .
There have been a couple of guys come through here and stop to see me that have since passed away. Walter McFarland was one. Other than that, just Boo. Joel Rea lives here, but I don't see him that much.
Later,
DonM
Posted by: Uncle Dave

Re: Donny and Uncle Dave - 06/25/02 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
UD ... better watch the 'natural' comments, never know who's reading this stuff

She's a very sexy lady, and a real sweetheart - I just don't get the straw head look.