OMG Watch this guy hit a high Note!!!!!!!! is he fakin it?

Posted by: Dnj

OMG Watch this guy hit a high Note!!!!!!!! is he fakin it? - 10/02/06 05:19 PM

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=08f6908bec22de942b9621ad6bd308c6.722639&cache=1
Posted by: Scott Langholff

Re: OMG Watch this guy hit a high Note!!!!!!!! is he fakin it? - 10/02/06 05:29 PM

Donny

You peaked my interest, but for some reason I can never get the Yahoo video's to play. Anyone have an idea what I need to do so it does play. I wonder if it's connected to some setting for Windows Media player, because some things will play on that and others it won't play either.

Re: OMG Watch this guy hit a high Note!!!!!!!! is he fakin it? - 10/02/06 06:23 PM

scott you have mail

Re: OMG Watch this guy hit a high Note!!!!!!!! is he fakin it? - 10/02/06 06:26 PM

http://video.yahoo.com/video/search?p=vitas&vm=r&cs=bz
Posted by: leeclw

Re: OMG Watch this guy hit a high Note!!!!!!!! is he fakin it? - 10/02/06 07:13 PM

I think it's a good fake.
Posted by: btweengigs

Re: OMG Watch this guy hit a high Note!!!!!!!! is he fakin it? - 10/02/06 08:59 PM

Shades of Lou Christy
Eddie
Posted by: Uncle Dave

Re: OMG Watch this guy hit a high Note!!!!!!!! is he fakin it? - 10/02/06 09:16 PM

I think it's legit. Sounds great, too !
Posted by: beachbum

Re: OMG Watch this guy hit a high Note!!!!!!!! is he fakin it? - 10/02/06 09:20 PM

Hey.. Nice vid.. I don't think he's faking some guys can do that 1 in a million... If you have ever heard the old Earth Wind and Fire video back in their hay-day they do Fantasy and the guy does a vocal riff for a couple of minutes and he hits notes I could only achive if inflected with a server belly wound.. And I think he is more impressive than that guy..
Posted by: MacAllcock

Re: OMG Watch this guy hit a high Note!!!!!!!! is he fakin it? - 10/02/06 11:47 PM

You mean Philip "how on earth does he do that" Bailey

Daryll Hall is pretty impressive live, I am told

[This message has been edited by MacAllcock (edited 10-03-2006).]
Posted by: Taike

Re: OMG Watch this guy hit a high Note!!!!!!!! is he fakin it? - 10/03/06 03:25 AM

I doubt it's fake. Never heard of Ivan Rebroff?

Ivan Rebroff is a German singer with an extraordinary vocal range of four and a half octaves; this is in the soprano to bass registers.
Posted by: adimatis

Re: OMG Watch this guy hit a high Note!!!!!!!! is he fakin it? - 10/03/06 04:03 AM

this guy i think does it for real!
also, if you watched the eurovision contest this year, there was the romanian guy, with "tornero" song, mihai treistariu is his name, that can sing such high notes too..... these people are incredible.
but i also can whistle!
Posted by: RobertG

Re: OMG Watch this guy hit a high Note!!!!!!!! is he fakin it? - 10/03/06 04:31 AM

Not even close to real. Sounds very synthy to me and the video does not match the vocal on the "money shot" notes.

Re: OMG Watch this guy hit a high Note!!!!!!!! is he fakin it? - 10/03/06 05:47 AM

Hmmmmmm?

I need to see & hear more of this guy to be sure.....I love the hooded musicians nice touch!!
Posted by: SemiLiveMusic

Re: OMG Watch this guy hit a high Note!!!!!!!! is he fakin it? - 10/03/06 06:04 AM

It does not look real, the timing is off. But it's internet video, so...

But I cannot imagine this being faked, seeing as how it's with an orchestra. They don't fake things do they?

It makes me wonder what the song is about... musicians with hoods on their head.

------------------
Bill
Yamaha PSR2000
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: OMG Watch this guy hit a high Note!!!!!!!! is he fakin it? - 10/03/06 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SemiLiveMusic:
It does not look real, the timing is off. But it's internet video, so...

But I cannot imagine this being faked, seeing as how it's with an orchestra. They don't fake things do they?

It makes me wonder what the song is about... musicians with hoods on their head.

If this is real, it's amazing .... but why fake it?!?!?

I would like to have a translation also .....

t.
Posted by: MacAllcock

Re: OMG Watch this guy hit a high Note!!!!!!!! is he fakin it? - 10/03/06 10:15 AM

Now I've seen the video, the audio sounds like a studio track rather than the live musicians even though the video itself looks like a legit performance. Certainly the vocal is a bit processed, but it doesn't sound sufficiently artificial to make me think its been radically pitch shifted. There are certainly people out there who can hit those notes for real, and so this guy could well be on the level.

Does anyone know who it is and give us some background?
Posted by: freddynl

Re: OMG Watch this guy hit a high Note!!!!!!!! is he fakin it? - 10/03/06 12:00 PM

No fake at all I think.
Most well trained (opera) man's voices can get this high, but there are not that many musical pieces making use of it.

It slightly get's out of sync, which is most likely caused by the video on tape , while the sound was recorded through the mixtable, directly on a digital device.
Within 15 minutes of music, tape usually is approx 2 secs off...if you want to sync the digital music track from the same recording.
Posted by: Taike

Re: OMG Watch this guy hit a high Note!!!!!!!! is he fakin it? - 10/03/06 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MacAllcock:

Does anyone know who it is and give us some background?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitas
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Vitas
http://shop-longer.blogspot.com/2006/04/vitas-do-you-know-him.html + VIDEO
Posted by: renig

Re: OMG Watch this guy hit a high Note!!!!!!!! is he fakin it? - 10/03/06 03:32 PM

I don't think it's a fake. It's a well trained voice using his natural abilities with falsetto (not everyone can do it - I wish I could). Of course, the reverb is boosted pretty thickly on the swoops and on the high register parts of the song.

He's a counter-tenor. For further interest, here's a link.
http://www.countertenor.demon.co.uk/ct/cttechnique.html
Posted by: SemiLiveMusic

Re: OMG Watch this guy hit a high Note!!!!!!!! is he fakin it? - 10/03/06 04:22 PM

Yikes! Reading about counter tenor and found The Castrati .

------------------
Bill
Yamaha PSR2000

Re: OMG Watch this guy hit a high Note!!!!!!!! is he fakin it? - 10/03/06 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SemiLiveMusic:
Yikes! Reading about counter tenor and found The Castrati .

YIKES!!!!!!!reading that made me get into the fetal position with tucked knees high for genitalia protection!!!
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: OMG Watch this guy hit a high Note!!!!!!!! is he fakin it? - 10/04/06 02:52 PM

Thank GOD my parents didn't want me to be a soprano !!!!!
t.
Posted by: apchopper

Re: OMG Watch this guy hit a high Note!!!!!!!! is he fakin it? - 10/05/06 06:33 AM

It's probably a fake. It's a well known fact in Russia that all Russian acts cheat when they play "live" using backups which strangely is OK with Russian audience. However, it doesn't mean that the guy couldn't pull it thru' live. But they don't bother. Good voice but the song is just horrible.

Best regards,

Alex