Logitech Z-2200 Feedback Problem

Posted by: GlennT

Logitech Z-2200 Feedback Problem - 11/10/04 04:53 PM

I'm using a Senn E845 mic going into my SD1, then out to the Z-2200 system. The speakers are positioned ~ 5' on each side, slightly in front of me. In some rooms the feedback is bad enough that I cannot use the SD1 vocalist, which seems to intensify the problem, as does turning the volume all the way up.

I've adjusted the EQ to flat and slightly below flat for the high. Anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions appreciated.

Glenn
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: Logitech Z-2200 Feedback Problem - 11/10/04 07:57 PM

Glenn,

Can you independently set the mic EQ with the SD1? If so, beef up the low EQ and this should solve your problem.

Gary

Re: Logitech Z-2200 Feedback Problem - 11/13/04 05:47 PM

Anybody have experience with this Feedback Destroyer, or similar device?
http://www.zzounds.com/item--BEHDSP1124P
Posted by: keybplayer

Re: Logitech Z-2200 Feedback Problem - 11/13/04 06:15 PM

Here is what one person said about the Behringer Feedback Destroyer:

Quote: "I use this product during live performances every week. We have a tremendous problem with feedback. With so many frequencies feeding back, this unit unfortunately has a tendancy to knock the sound qualtiy and levels down too much. On one occasion, I yanked the system out during an intermission because 90% of the vocals had been removed, making it appear as though we turned the entire P.A system down. In addition, the ring out can damage your speakers because the system does not respond fast enough to feedback. "Keep a close ear to your tweeters and midrange speakers". The slow response may kill them." End Quote.

Best regards,
Mike

Re: Logitech Z-2200 Feedback Problem - 11/13/04 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:
this unit unfortunately has a tendancy to knock the sound qualtiy and levels down too much. On one occasion, I yanked the system out during an intermission because 90% of the vocals had been removed, making it appear as though we turned the entire P.A system down. In addition, the ring out can damage your speakers

Ouuuuch, that sounds bad!
Posted by: DonM

Re: Logitech Z-2200 Feedback Problem - 11/13/04 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by GlennT:
I'm using a Senn E845 mic going into my SD1, then out to the Z-2200 system. The speakers are positioned ~ 5' on each side, slightly in front of me. In some rooms the feedback is bad enough that I cannot use the SD1 vocalist, which seems to intensify the problem, as does turning the volume all the way up.

I've adjusted the EQ to flat and slightly below flat for the high. Anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions appreciated.

Glenn

You may have to reposition the speakers where your mic can't "see" them. However, I have used the 2200 very close to me with Senn 835, 845 and 855 and don't experience any feedback, even though the highs are boosted quite a bit.
DonM
Posted by: royandreno

Re: Logitech Z-2200 Feedback Problem - 11/14/04 03:36 AM

Hi Glenn.
My 0,02:
Try another mic. Along with many others here, I use EV. Both the N/D 967 and the 767A are excellent mics and vey FB resistant.
Second, if you use reverb, try and use as little as possible. Reverb is no 1 cause for feedback. If you really can sing, you don't need reverb at all. Most rooms give you natural reverb anyway. Good luck!

------------------
Roy-Andrč