New tunes

Posted by: Diki

New tunes - 06/06/07 05:47 PM

OK, OK, just because Donny asked SO nicely , here are a couple of live takes from a show last week.

Not the usual fare, here... A Grateful Dead tune and some Johnny Nash (the reggae great)...
http://www.roland-arranger.com/smf/index.php?topic=212.new#new (Grateful Dead)
http://www.roland-arranger.com/smf/index.php?topic=195.0 (Johnny Nash)

Let the trashing begin....
Posted by: Taike

Re: New tunes - 06/06/07 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Let the trashing begin....

Why trash something that's good?

Solid playing and very nice vocals.

Taike
Posted by: OldNewb

Re: New tunes - 06/06/07 09:07 PM

Bravo!
Very enjoyable performances.
Thank you for sharing.
I would say more but the arrangements have left me kind of speechless.
Jim
Posted by: Spalding1

Re: New tunes - 06/06/07 10:22 PM

diki that demo is incredible and your voice is excellent.Reminds me of james taylor. But i am a little confused. You said that it as a smf that had been customised and only bass and drum were the smf , the rest is live but that piano and guitar both sound live . The guitar itself sounds truly like a real guitar better than any i have ever heard before on an arranger and sounds completely live. Also the second voice singng harmony is just soooo good. doesnt sound like any vocal harmoniser i have ever heard on any instrument before. Very clear and very very well performed.

What was your set up ? what instrument are you playing because i can tell you that if its all g70 then i have to publically take back anything bad i have ever said about the instrument. Obviously any instrument in the hands of a competant musician can sound good but this is extraordinay !

Very very well done sir
Posted by: Spalding1

Re: New tunes - 06/06/07 10:25 PM

sorry ! i only just listened to the second tune and read that you had a live guitarist and he also sang backing vcals. that explains my queries. Excellent recordings diki
Posted by: abacus

Re: New tunes - 06/06/07 11:54 PM

Nice tunes well played and good vocal, with the only criticism being that to me the drums sound very repetitive.
Post some more when you get the chance.
Spalding
A great performer combined with a bad recording will sound worse then an average performer with a great recording, fortunately Diki is good at both.
BTW you will be amazed at how good a keyboard can sound with a great player. (You would think it was a totally different keyboard)

Bill
Posted by: cgiles

Re: New tunes - 06/07/07 03:48 AM

Very nice, Diki. The best part; it doesn't sound amateurish as so many of the postings do. Good job.

chas
Posted by: mikeathome1

Re: New tunes - 06/07/07 04:51 AM

Nice! Love the live instrument players and vocals.
Posted by: BEBOP

Re: New tunes - 06/07/07 07:31 PM

WO WO, This is some kinda fine stuff.
Let's have more of the same.
Thanks for sharing.
Bebop