Keyboard Amp

Posted by: JCkeeys

Keyboard Amp - 11/29/03 08:14 AM

I know this has been discussed before.

Does anybody use keyboard amps? For small jobs ie:
Supper clubs
Parties of 75 people or less

If you do, please give me your suggestions? If not a KB amp then what do you use ... Thanks
Posted by: cassp

Re: Keyboard Amp - 11/29/03 08:21 AM

I use a Peavey KBa50 keyboard amp for stage monitoring. It has a mic in/out, 10" wizzer and I could use it for small groups, but haven't had the need to yet. If I was doing that, I'd probably step up to something a little larger with a 12" speaker for better distribution and bass. If you're using powered speakers, just cut down to one.
Posted by: DanO1

Re: Keyboard Amp - 11/29/03 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by JCkeeys:
I know this has been discussed before.

Does anybody use keyboard amps? For small jobs ie:
Supper clubs
Parties of 75 people or less

If you do, please give me your suggestions? If not a KB amp then what do you use ... Thanks

Motion Sound KP100S . That's what I would recommend .
Posted by: dazart

Re: Keyboard Amp - 11/29/03 10:30 AM

I sometimes use my Carlsbora colt 65w combo amp for small appearances and it works very well.

Daz
Posted by: Benno Kattenat

Re: Keyboard Amp - 11/29/03 10:43 AM

I use a yorkville 200 keyboardamp check it out on the website good amp ,i am happy with it. best regards ,BENNO
Posted by: The Pro

Re: Keyboard Amp - 11/29/03 11:12 AM

I've been completely happy with my Motion Sound KP-200s for medium-size gigs. It takes the place of a PA and provides full stereo sound. Some gigs I do require even less sound reinforement and for those jobs I use powered JOB EON10 G2's. For outdoor gigs I use the KP-200s as my stage monitor and the EON10's plus EON subs so I have a fully scalable system. Most gigs I just use the KP-200s though.
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: Keyboard Amp - 11/29/03 12:26 PM

If you sing and play, www.barbetta.com and look at the Sona 32C.

Good Luck,

Gary
Posted by: Scottyee

Re: Keyboard Amp - 11/29/03 01:03 PM

For small venues I really love the smaller Motion Sound KP100S:
http://www.motion-sound.com/keypro_amplifiers.htm

Terrific stereo sound from a compact lightweight one piece stereo unit. For larger venues, I utilize a pair of Electro-Voice EV-SxA100's.

Scott
Posted by: JCkeeys

Re: Keyboard Amp - 11/30/03 08:42 PM

Thanks To All For Your Feedback. Sounds like the Motion Sound 100S would do the trick for me!
Posted by: brickboo

Re: Keyboard Amp - 11/30/03 09:27 PM

The Carvin AG100d amp has three channels with an Alexis digital reverb, 100 watts a 12" speaker and it sounds great at $475 and that includes delivery. It only has the 10 day trial period which they encourage you to take advantage of.

I tried it last year and sent it back because I wanted a two speaker stereo system. I'm sorry I didn't keep it and I will get another as soon as my finances allow.
Boo
Posted by: Scottyee

Re: Keyboard Amp - 12/01/03 08:25 AM

JC:

I highly recommend the KP100S for the smaller intimate rooms (45-50 people max), but its 100 watt total output is not adequate for anything larger.

Also, as you may (or may not already know). both Larry Levin (Beakybird) and myself, opted to swap out our Motion Sound KP-100S's stock Eminence Alpha 8" woofers with a pair of improved bass response 8" OEM woofers (Eminence OEM model 840C) which produces a more extended bottom end. We purchased them from Orange County Speaker: http://www.speakerrepair.com/
and felt it well worth the added expense ($120). Installation was literally a snap (as there was no soldering required) and the entire process took less than 8 minutes. I highly recommend purchasing the KP100S from our SZ buddy Dan01 (Dan O'Neil) at Keyboard City: http://www.keyboardcity.net/ He'll take 'good care' of you. - Scott
Posted by: Leon

Re: Keyboard Amp - 12/01/03 10:25 AM

I'm using an'83 Rickenbacker. This unit is compact but very smooth.
http://personal.nbnet.nb.ca/mccorp/framespage.html Go to Photos / Amplifiers. does me fine

[This message has been edited by Leon (edited 12-01-2003).]
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Keyboard Amp - 12/01/03 12:13 PM

www.barbetta.com

Sona 32