can some please respond that has a Yamaha PSR-400

Posted by: Jeanie Stout

can some please respond that has a Yamaha PSR-400 - 10/17/00 11:26 AM

Still having trouble playing a style using chords on left side and a voice section on right side.
I can play a constant background accompliment but can not play the style using only chords.
I read manuel over and over in on these topics this is one of the easier things to do with this key board and I am missing some thing.
I know it can be done.I had it going once and now can't seem to get it going again.
Please help if you can. Jeanie
Posted by: Clif Anderson

Re: can some please respond that has a Yamaha PSR-400 - 10/17/00 11:40 AM

I do not have a PSR-400, but maybe you have not toggled on "auto-accompaniment" or "auto-bass-chord" (abc).
Posted by: Jeanie Stout

Re: can some please respond that has a Yamaha PSR-400 - 10/17/00 12:25 PM

Thanks Cliff Yes I togged on "cute word by the way togged" the Auto Accompaniment button. The trouble is it wants to play continually which is a nice function if you want to play it that way. I am not advanced enought to have it constantly playing. I can turn it either off or on. But can't figure out how to just have it come on when I play chords. Jeanie
Posted by: ricok987

Re: can some please respond that has a Yamaha PSR-400 - 10/17/00 12:43 PM

Auto Accomp keyboards don't work that way. You need to have the Rhythm going in order for the chords to play. Also check to make sure that you have it in the correct mode. Single finger/fingered chord mode. I have a problem sometimes with mu casio not playing a chord in the fingered mode and I have less than 3 notes fingered.
Posted by: DonM

Re: can some please respond that has a Yamaha PSR-400 - 10/17/00 02:21 PM

You can play the chords without the rhythm (drums) running, but it won't sound very good. You can also set the Syncro-stop to only play the accomp. when you hold the keys down. I believe on the 400 that this is accomplished by turning the "memory" or "chord hold" button off. Haven't looked at one in a long time, but I had a PSR500 that was very similar.
DonM