miDJay and lcd monitor problem

Posted by: frankieve

miDJay and lcd monitor problem - 05/04/06 08:56 AM

A freind has a miDJay and for some reason can't get it to work with an LCD monitor, I tried Verion 2 and version 3, does anyone have any suggestions?
Posted by: Dnj

Re: miDJay and lcd monitor problem - 05/04/06 11:02 AM

I never used one..... but Aj can help you email him asap!

Re: miDJay and lcd monitor problem - 05/04/06 11:19 AM

don"t have it
Posted by: Dnj

Re: miDJay and lcd monitor problem - 05/04/06 11:41 AM

Frank you got mail....
Posted by: abacus

Re: miDJay and lcd monitor problem - 05/04/06 11:50 AM

Check out this previous post, it may help. http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/012444.html

Bill

Re: miDJay and lcd monitor problem - 05/04/06 11:52 AM

I read that, but it worked , now no matter what version of firmare is in the midjay it won't work,

Re: miDJay and lcd monitor problem - 05/04/06 12:21 PM

Hi
If it worked before then either something has changed or become faulty.
1. Do the onscreen menus display on the monitor.
2. Is there more then one input, if so make sure you have the correct one selected, or plug the lead into the second input?
3. Connect the monitor to your computer with the cable on your computer to see if it works, if not then there is a problem with the monitor, if it does go to 4
4. Connect the monitor to the computer using the cable being used to connect to the Mdjay, if it works then either a setting in the Mdjay is wrong or it has become faulty, if it does not work then the lead is faulty.
Hope this helps.

Bill

Re: miDJay and lcd monitor problem - 05/04/06 12:35 PM

it worked before with version 2, I updated it to version 3, that's when it stopped working.tried to go back and still nothing., I have a midjay and it works,. don't know why his doesn't

Re: miDJay and lcd monitor problem - 05/04/06 01:01 PM

Looks like a job for Ketron Tech Support.

Bill
Posted by: Ketron_AJ

Re: miDJay and lcd monitor problem - 05/04/06 06:53 PM

frankieve,

When he/she installed the new OS, they should have deleted the previous Monitor.bin setting. However, tell them to
* Go to MENU
* Go to MONITOR
* With the monitor plugged into the Midijay, change the frequency (for most US monitors, 60Hz works). Also adjust if need be) the horizontal and vertical settings (6 and 12 - again, depends on monitor). Once a clear screen is visuallized, press SAVE to save the new Monitor.ini file in the HD.

Thanks,

AJ

Re: miDJay and lcd monitor problem - 05/05/06 04:14 AM

Ok, it's fixed, just to let everyone know, if you read the instructions for updated the firmware of the Midjay, it says to hit 0-1-2-9 after you re-start the midjay to complete the upgrade process, which is not exactly true,

If you read the directions for upgrading to 2.0 it says you need to hit 4 buttons prior to the screen display coming up and holding it until the snd process starts loading., this is why it would not work when I did it. version 3 instructions leavesthis little tid bit out.