Guantanamera

Posted by: Dreamer

Guantanamera - 08/11/02 12:55 AM

I have just recorded a new song, the first one after my trip to California in June.
The song is the beautiful Guantanamera and I would like to dedicate it to Paul and Evelina Curzan, because I seem to remember that they liked this one.
Now that the ice is broken again, I hope to record more songs in the next weeks, unless you pay me to stop.
Andrea http://andrearotolo.tripod.com/dreamer/id1.html
Posted by: Gunnar Jonny

Re: Guantanamera - 08/11/02 02:09 AM

Keep on the happy playing Andrea, I guess it
is not enough money in the world to make you
stop
GJ

Re: Guantanamera - 08/11/02 04:26 AM

Well, Gunnar, you can always try...
Posted by: trtjazz

Re: Guantanamera - 08/11/02 07:29 AM

Dreamer,
Had a listen to a few of your tunes, very nice and well done! As I recall, aren't your wrking with a VA7?

Do you put them up in zip file for size? Rather than just mp3 and letting the media players automatically open them?
jam on,
Terry

Re: Guantanamera - 08/11/02 10:35 AM

Hi Terry,
I use both a Roland VA7 and a Ketron SD1, together with a few modules (Roland XV 3080 and two samplers).
I use the zip format because it allows you to download the file; some people apparently don't like the MP3 format (Gunnar is one of them).
Thank you for your words and keep rocking.
Andrea
Posted by: Mario

Re: Guantanamera - 08/11/02 10:37 AM

Hey Andrea:
Are you sure you don't have a little South American blood in you?
I was impressed not only with Guantanamera but I "loved" Guajira as well. Wow! you really have gotten that Latin stuff down. The arrangement is superb and lively on both tunes (makes you want to get up and dance).The trumpet is quite good and the rhythm section is great.
Keep it going kid!
Mario
Posted by: SBPC

Re: Guantanamera - 08/11/02 12:08 PM

Hi Andrea,
We very much enjoyed your rendition of Guantamera and we appreciate your dedicating this beautiful song to us. Yes, it's one of our favorites.

Glad you are back to your music again. Keep posting your latest songs and photos to your web site. We enjoy listening to and looking at your fine work.
Paul C.
Posted by: SBPC

Re: Guantanamera - 08/11/02 12:11 PM

Make that Guantanamera! It's the shades that did me in!
Paul C.
Posted by: Scottyee

Re: Guantanamera - 08/11/02 12:51 PM

Andrea: I went biking today and (thanks to your new song) couldn't stop singing Guantanamera on the entire ride. Ok, you influenced me to get the bike, now the song?!
Posted by: jedi

Re: Guantanamera - 08/11/02 03:28 PM

Hi Dreamer,
Very Nice!!
How do you get such a "sweet" guitar sound from a KB?
Anyway , thanks for sharing , Great music
jedi

Re: Guantanamera - 08/11/02 10:23 PM

Mario,
gracias por tus palabras; creo que verdaderamente soy un poco colombiano yo tambien
Paul,
it's really a pleasure to dedicate a song to you and Evelina. I still think with a sense of joy to our afternoon in Santa Barbara and I am sure that we will have other days like that one.
Scott,
when I ride my bike I too sometimes sing a song in my head to keep the pace; unfortunately Guantanamera was a bit too slow, but maybe you had just a leisure ride
Jedi,
well, after all I am a former guitar player and this one (SD1 brazilian guitar) never gave me troubles to stay in tune

Well, since the temperature here in Rome has dropped quite a bit, I hope I will be able to record more songs (I still don't see money coming to stop me...)
Warmest regards to all
Andrea
Posted by: ChicoBrasil

Re: Guantanamera - 08/12/02 09:06 PM

Hello Amico.
I loved your song.
More one Andrea's goal!
Bravo!
Chico

Re: Guantanamera - 08/12/02 10:04 PM

Chico,
what do I need to be a member of the Jobim club, together with you, Dirk and Mario?
- Well, it's easy: you have to record at least another Jobim song!
- Okay, it's a deal then!

Andrea

Re: Guantanamera - 08/13/02 06:33 PM

Andrea.

I have made a lot of Jobim themes.
What do you want to play?
The Jobim's Club is waiting...

Matias: I'm looking for Gabriela's theme for you.

Chico

Re: Guantanamera - 08/13/02 10:51 PM

Chico,
since Mario has recorded already almost all the existing Jobim tunes, I think that I could record either Insensatez (How Insensitive), Wave or maybe even One note samba (if I fell really strong and daring).
By the way, did you listen to my rendition of Desafinado? What do you think? Is it worth a pre-admission to the club (let's say a temporary one, while you keep an eye on me?)
Other brazilian tunes that I love to play are:
Aquarela do Brasil (Ary Barroso)
Manha de Carnaval (Black Orpheus theme) (Luiz Bonfà)
Mas que nada (Jorge Ben), etc, etc.
Let me know.
By the way, do you know the chords of that beautiful song that was part of the movie with Sonia Braga and Marcello Mastroianni (I wrote you already about that). It was a woman's name, I think it was Gabriela, but I didn't know that Matias too wrote you asking the chords.
Thanks
Andrea

Re: Guantanamera - 08/14/02 08:13 PM

Hello Andrea.

Go to : www.compumusic.hpg.com.br
I made a very nice theme(2 pages), Pdf formated: Se todos fossem iguais a voce.
Mama mia! That is a lesson of Jobim's art of harmony.
Next week, Gabriela theme(Sonia Braga),One note samba and Wave in my HP.
Certo?
Chico

Re: Guantanamera - 08/14/02 10:23 PM

Chico,
I have downloaded your music sheets and also your MP3s. I listened to Aquarela do Brasil (Brazil) and right now am listening to Little boat (O barquinho): I like them a lot! I liked especially your chord changes and the use of the voices on Brazil. I think that everybody should listen to these songs. By the way, the quality of the sound (especially the acoustic piano) in Brazil is really good.
Chico, I think that I could join Dirk Baert when he comes to Brazil!

Re: Guantanamera - 08/15/02 05:58 AM

Good news...Good news...VERY good news!!!
Chico
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Guantanamera - 08/15/02 07:01 AM

Hi Andrea & Chico,

I'm not sure I asked you for the Gabriela thema, Chico. What I remember is asking you for the chord structure of a song by Claudio Nucci, named "Meu Silêncio", also known by the name of "Velho Companheiro". The best version I found is played and sung by Eliane Elias, an excellent brazilian jazz pianist, living in the USA. But do not worry too much about this, it's not urgent.

All the tunes mentioned by Andrea, are also my favorites. I play some of them. On Chico's page there's a really beautiful song by Ivan Lins, "Começar de novo". Wonderful but difficult chord progressions...

-- José.

Re: Guantanamera - 08/15/02 09:02 AM

By the way, Chico, make my compliments to Sarah Barbosa; she has really a beautiful voice: reminds me of a girl who sings with Sergio Mendes. I would really like to hear Sarah singing "Voçe abousou" (I am not sure of the spelling...), another hit by Mendes.
Posted by: notlos

Re: Guantanamera - 08/15/02 04:41 PM

Hi Dreamer and Chico,
Dreamer i listen to your song guantanamera
nice voice and playing !!! I have the last month's verry busy with bulding my own studio in my home. now it's so good as ready ! I have a vst32/5.1 from cubase for audio recording and midi installed on my new computer. I have patched all my instruments and modules to the midex 8 and all the audiocables to the mixtable(*!?**!!....a dayjob!! )Now only study the manual of cubase and i can start the recording!!(before i work with cakewalk).
Now about the jobim songs...Do you know also this songs of the master:
Anna luiza, Luiza, Waters of march,pasarim,
bebel, take the blue train, gabriela, a felicidade, voce vay ver, rainbow,picture in black and white,ligia,....
Regards,
Dirk http://www.mp3.com/dirkbaert http://www.geocities.com/notlos/notlos.html

------------------

Re: Guantanamera - 08/15/02 07:53 PM

Hello Dirk.

Tell me more about your 2003 brasilian vacations.
I think that Andrea thinks the same.
We are going to create a Jobim Trio, of course.
I have two dates(2003) reserved in Federal University Theater (650 places)waiting for
the Jobim's fans.
May be an idea...
Chico

Re: Guantanamera - 08/15/02 07:56 PM

Hi Andrea.

I have all Jobim parts that Dirk quoted.
What do you want?
Chico

Re: Guantanamera - 08/16/02 02:40 PM

Chico,
the ones I would love to see are: Gabriela, Waters of March and A felicidade.
Thank you!
Andrea