Multi-Pads?

Posted by: ChuckHall

Multi-Pads? - 02/22/05 10:00 AM

My current keyboard does not have multi-pads and I'm wondering if my next keyboard should have them or not. I haven't had the opportunity to try a keyboard that has them. Is this feature worth it? Do you use them on a regular basis? etc. Thanks.
Chuck
Posted by: Graham UK

Re: Multi-Pads? - 02/22/05 10:13 AM

Yes I use Multipads most of the time. Mute a part in the style and add an appropiate pad. They are a very good feature to have.
You can use parts of a style to make your own pads

[This message has been edited by Graham UK (edited 02-22-2005).]
Posted by: DonM

Re: Multi-Pads? - 02/22/05 10:14 AM

That's one of the things I miss most now that I'm using SD1. The multipads on Yamahas have various functions, all of them good. You can add riffs, fills, rythms, sounds. You can make them sync to the style, repeat or not. For instance you can add sleigh bells to just about any style and make it a Christmas style.
DonM
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Multi-Pads? - 02/22/05 10:34 AM

I've got a technics kn6000 and the multi pads are a real asset ...
As DonM said, they can be used to add so many things on top of a style or even a sequenced or midi file ...
One question for the 'yammie' guys ... Graham said "mute a part in the style and add an appropriate pad" ... do you have to do that or can you just press the pad to play? ...
thnx,
t.
Posted by: Dreamer

Re: Multi-Pads? - 02/22/05 11:02 AM

Tony,
yes, to play a multipad you just have to press the corresponding button; there are four of them for each bank and the Tyros has 80 banks, making a total of 320 multipads. I just wish there were more of them and am always on the lookout for good multipads, preferibly with just percussive tracks: does anyone know where to find them?
Thanks in advance.
Posted by: Graham UK

Re: Multi-Pads? - 02/22/05 12:48 PM

The reason I stated to mute a style part and use appropriate pad was to give variation within a style playing.

The benefit of Yammy Pads over Technics is you can have all 4 pads playing together. Example. Put 1 BASS. 2 Drums. 3 Piano. 4 Guitar. These can be made from different styles if you wish.

Dreamer...If you want Percussion pads...extract these from any midifile of your choice. As you know these don't require to follow the chord changes.

[This message has been edited by Graham UK (edited 02-22-2005).]