New Arranger FIESTA for East Coast!!

Posted by: Ketron_AJ

New Arranger FIESTA for East Coast!! - 12/15/05 10:56 AM

Folks,

I thought it would be a good idea (added to the Ketron Workshop) to include all the prominante Arrangers so it gives many of you and others a chance to finally get to a spot where you can try ALL the good boards and then decide for yourself.

THE FIRST WORKSHOP HAS BEEN SCHEDULED FOR ...

DATE. Saturday, Jan 7th, 2006
Time: 12pm - 6pm
Location: Washington Music Center (Wheaton, MD, USA)... KEYBOARD DEPARTMENT! (301-946-8808).

I will be conducting a massive Arranger show-fest plus detailed Ketron Workshop with the following keyboards:-

GEM - Genesys Pro.
KETRON - SD1Plus-EXP, XD9, MIDIJAY.
KORG - PA1X-PRO (and OASIS for comparisons).
ROLAND - G70 (at last).
YAMAHA - TYROS2 (and Motif ES7 for comaprisons).

You are all welcomed and please let me know about attendace before we finalize this next week.

Again, although it will predominantly be a Ketron Workshop, I will also go into some details with the other arrangers offering differences in features, sounds, styles, other unique capabilities ...etc. It will also be an oppertunity to finally try these out of the SAME PA system and make up YOUR minds as to what you think. Again, where you decide to eventually purchase these is up to you.

Your prompt feedback is welcomed.

Thanks and happy holidays!!

AJ
Posted by: Esh

Re: New Arranger FIESTA for East Coast!! - 12/15/05 12:39 PM

Sounds like fun... all except the Maryland-in-January part. A southern East Coast Arranger Fiesta would be much appreciated.
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: New Arranger FIESTA for East Coast!! - 12/15/05 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Esh:
Sounds like fun... all except the Maryland-in-January part. A southern East Coast Arranger Fiesta would be much appreciated.

Boston, Hartford, New Haven even Northern Jersey wouldn't be too bad either.
Posted by: Mainer

Re: New Arranger FIESTA for East Coast!! - 12/15/05 02:21 PM

In think I'll attend if humanly possible.

Why not Visit Warm & Sunny Maine instead of Maryland. We've got Cold, Snow, more Snow, Ice well you get the idea. We also have Skiing, Ice fishing, Snowmobiles oh yeah, and other cold stuff. You get The idea. My Daughter lives in Naples Fl. time to visit for several months

I think this workshop would be fun. I do have the Genesys XP - might even take it with me damned if I know how to use it. LOL.

Seriously invite the some reps from Roland, Korg, Yamaha, and of Course General music.

I realize the chances of getting one of the other reps showing up might be slim to none but we could all ask.

I will try to make it - Being Self Unemployed some time makes it hard to plan for events.

Jerry
Jerry
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: New Arranger FIESTA for East Coast!! - 12/15/05 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mainer:

Why not Visit Warm & Sunny Maine We've got Cold, Snow, more Snow, Ice well you get the idea. We also have Skiing
Jerry

Yes, you do have skiing and some of the best skiing in the North East is a short drive from you at "Sunday River." The family and I usually spend a week there every January
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: New Arranger FIESTA for East Coast!! - 12/15/05 07:37 PM

Sorry AJ, but I'm already booked for the entire month. Only have two days off at the end of the month and my wife says she's booking them for her.

Good Luck,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy
Posted by: Songman55

Re: New Arranger FIESTA for East Coast!! - 12/15/05 07:40 PM

Hey AJ I'll be there. I've been wanting to try out some different boards, especially the Ketron. I just happen to have the night off at this point so I'll block it off. Sounds like a great day and I'm looking forward to it.

Thanks,

Joe

------------------
Songman55
Joe Ayala

Re: New Arranger FIESTA for East Coast!! - 12/29/05 09:11 PM

... just wanted to start reminding everyone about this workshop after newyears NEXT WEEK!!!

AJ

Re: New Arranger FIESTA for East Coast!! - 01/01/06 09:43 PM

.. clock is ticking. Appart from the KETRON SD1Plus-EXP, anyone out there want any detailed presentation on any of the other brands listed above? This will give me time to prepare the 'repetoir'!!

Thanks,

AJ

Re: New Arranger FIESTA for East Coast!! - 01/03/06 06:49 PM

.. Friday is going to be rather cold, but Sat. should be just fine (no signs of snow), so we're good to go.

Still awaiting input.

Thanks,

AJ
Posted by: Dnj

Re: New Arranger FIESTA for East Coast!! - 01/03/06 07:03 PM

AJ.....how many do you have coming to the demonstartion so far?
Posted by: to the genesys

Re: New Arranger FIESTA for East Coast!! - 01/04/06 01:24 AM

Sounds like a great idea.
Hope you will be able to have the new Genesys S and or Genesys xp not the original Genesys so as to have the latest keyboards from all the major arranger manufacturers.

Re: New Arranger FIESTA for East Coast!! - 01/04/06 06:59 AM

... as of now, we have 24 confirmed (with about 12 flying in). One room should be ok. With the time span from 12-6, I guess sessions won't hurt, but I want to keep it informal so everyone benefits regardless of your level of expertise?

See a lot of you here on Saturday then.

AJ

Re: New Arranger FIESTA for East Coast!! - 01/04/06 11:42 AM

Ok, folks, it's finally up!! http://www.chucklevins.com/
AJ
Posted by: Dnj

Re: New Arranger FIESTA for East Coast!! - 01/07/06 05:13 PM

Welllll? How was it??
Posted by: Esh

Re: New Arranger FIESTA for East Coast!! - 01/07/06 06:02 PM

We want online video clips!
Posted by: Songman55

Re: New Arranger FIESTA for East Coast!! - 01/07/06 07:07 PM

AJ,

Thanks for a great workshop today. It was very informative, lots of hands on, and a very comfortable space. You shared you knowledge and love for these boards very well. It was the first time I've seen the G 70 or the SD1 and the Midijay. I'll probably be calling you very soon for the MJ. Again, thanks for a great day!

Salud,

Joe

------------------
Songman55
Joe Ayala
Posted by: Scottyee

Re: New Arranger FIESTA for East Coast!! - 01/07/06 07:54 PM

I'm wondering if AJ remembered to adjust the Tyros2's EQ & Compressor settings to the settings Gary Diamond recommends for PSR3000/Tyros. This dramatically improves the Tyros2 overall sound, creating a far better A/B comparison with the other boards. - Scott

Re: New Arranger FIESTA for East Coast!! - 01/09/06 11:28 PM

Thanks to all those who made it and for your input as well. For many, it was a first at seeing the master-arrangers all in one place, all through the same system, all out-of-the-box settings (Scott, to be fair, I didn't do any tweekings to any keyboard - just wanted to have everyone know what to expect from the manufacturer). I did however go in detail with each to present how sounds, effects ... etc could be altered and stored. We looked at Sounds, Styles, Designs, OS, Unique features, pluses and minuses in MOST cases ...etc. For some, it was a wow. For others over the entire weekend, they ordered SD1Plus-EXPs and for some, it was the ROLAND G70 and then the TYROS-2. GEM GENESYS-S and KORG-PA1XPro got very very little attention or even a 2nd look at after they were presented ... remember, for the most part the A/B comparison was sound for sound on each board. Yamaha came on top for Guitars and Steel Drum together with Jazz styles and great Multipad effects. The Roland G70 topped with Ballads some jazz, Guitar mode and the best Organs - period - oh, they also had the best vocalizer. The Ketron SD1Plus-EXP lead the pack in styles (best drum and bass), brass and woodwinds, but with the EXP pack, the guitars and organs got some great reviews too together with the new Voc. settings and new jazz and big band styles!! We should have recorded Friday and Saturdays people expressions for this was a moment to cherish. How I wish I could repeat such for all the US states!!

There were a lot more people on Friday's presentation (over 64 non forum members) than Saturday's, but I am glad I could reach that many in one weekend and put a smile on all you performers' faces.

More to follow. Philadelphia is next at Centioli's Music on Oxford Ave. (details to follow), so start preparing folks.

Thanks,

AJ

PS: I believe we even had a general rating at the end ... someone else will follow with this info though!