Keyboard Speakers

Posted by: Shiju

Keyboard Speakers - 08/24/07 07:52 AM

Hi,

I looking to buy a keyboard speaker for practice and also using on the stage. I read somewhere that 2 small speakers in a cabinet (like 8" or 10") sounds better than a one 15" speaker in a cabinet. Is this correct ?

Anyone has any suggestions/recommendations ?

Thanks for your replies.

George
Posted by: KeithB

Re: Keyboard Speakers - 08/24/07 06:23 PM

Many keyboards require stereo (therefore two speakers)to properly reproduce some voices, particularly piano. With one speaker you do not get the proper sound output. Conclusion, you should have two speakers. A converse opinion has been expressed that if you are playing, other then in a small room to yourself, then the proportion of your audience that can listen within the "stereo sweet spot" is small, therefore stereo is irrelevant. I recall "Travellin Easy" on another forum I think, expressing this opinion.
Keith
PS I use two Behringer Truth B2031's with my Tyros 2, KN7000 and Motif ES6

[This message has been edited by KeithB (edited 08-24-2007).]
Posted by: cgiles

Re: Keyboard Speakers - 08/24/07 06:48 PM

Ummm, not sure that nearfield's would be a good choice for the stage. Studio/practice, yes; stage...it would have to be a very small room. JMO.

chas
Posted by: ianmcnll

Re: Keyboard Speakers - 08/24/07 06:54 PM

I use a pair of powered speakers on my PSR-S900 so the sound is in stereo.

I found playing the PSR's stereo piano (Live! Grand) through a single powered speaker took away from the sound.

Ian

------------------
Common misconception...size and weight equal quality and performance. Don't be fooled.
Posted by: Shiju

Re: Keyboard Speakers - 08/24/07 08:02 PM

Thanks for your replies.

George