Speakers

Mic input w/ level control and effects

Vocal harmonizer

Real 16 track sequencer

style converter

Insert effects

SMF player

Great on board styles and user style area too

Styles and SMF's can be synced to each other, allowing both to play at the same time

Lyrics read on touch screen

Besides two variations for styles..each variation has 4 selectable style orchestration buttons

4 programmable phrase buttons

4 assignable function buttons

Styles have one touch setting with 4 variations for each style

Dedicated piano , with adjustable open/close and stretch tune

Dedicated organ with drawbars and rotary

Damper, sostenuto, and soft pedal jacks

64 true polyphony

MIDI in /out/thru

Floppy drive
Dedicated sliders for volume/brillance/reverb/balance

Search songs and styles while playing

manual bass/ with layered right hand[two tones]

User programs[all panel settings]

Quality built[about 30 pounds]
Many more features [markers, count in, tap tempo, transpose etc].

Street price $600
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: Feature laden keyboard.."Bang for the buck" - 07/27/07 07:43 AM

Fran great sales pitch!! Now tell us what it is?
Posted by: cassp

Re: Feature laden keyboard.."Bang for the buck" - 07/27/07 07:54 AM

Is that the E6000 you were so in love with earlier this week? What happened?
Posted by: squeak_D

Re: Feature laden keyboard.."Bang for the buck" - 07/27/07 08:08 AM

Yeah, that feature list looks exactly like the E-600. You got one of these now Fran? Get it fill that void after selling the G-1000? (I'm still shocked you let that puppy go...)
Posted by: Fran Carango

Re: Feature laden keyboard.."Bang for the buck" - 07/27/07 08:37 AM

Yes the E600..Cass I still love it..I am not selling it...Just showing "Bang for the buck" can be found in used instruments, instead of settling for "Bang for the buck" PSR's

The E-600 was over $2,000 new, and it still can compete with today's stuff, eight years later...

The only other choices I found with a mic input and harmonizer[arranger board]..was the PSR3000 and even at $800 [used]..I would still have to play the keys[ugggh], and listen to that hand clap ...

This time around [I had one before], I checked out the features, and found they work pretty good...especially a great sequencer, and assignable buttons...The orchestrator is also way cool..

Squeak, I sorta wished I kept the G1000, but I had a good buyer, and the G70 pretty much replaced it..I wanted something a little lighter to leave on my steady job, without too many concessions...E600 is that board..

I use a laptop with the band[at this steady job]...so the E-600 is perfect..

For my solo work, I will carry the G70...maybe small 1 hour jobs the E-600 is all I need....besides I have a loaded Zune for anything I need from my laptop..

V-Stand with mic boom, E-600 and Zune..For sound, my Traynor K4...Can't get any more compact than that...and still a "BIG" sound..

This E-600 satisfies me , for arranger keyboard..as the DisCover5 did..especially in the band..Although the DisCover5 had a strong edge over the E600..playing with the band...

Re: Feature laden keyboard.."Bang for the buck" - 07/27/07 08:52 AM

BTW: a chord sequencer too
Posted by: Diki

Re: Feature laden keyboard.."Bang for the buck" - 07/27/07 09:30 AM

Wondered if it had one... What idiot at Roland red lighted that feature? I want his head!!

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 07-27-2007).]
Posted by: Barty

Re: Feature laden keyboard.."Bang for the buck" - 07/27/07 10:26 AM

Fran,
If I were to name the "best bang for the buck" keyboard, I would name Casio's WK series. They offer a lot of keyboard (76 keys to be precise) for the money. It is fairly well built too. No, I do not work for Casio, but had one of the WK keyboards and had absolutely no complains about it. I moved to Tyros 2 which cost me exactly 10x what I paid for the WK-3000. Unfortunately, as amazing the Tyros 2 is, I am not sure if it is 10x better than the Casio.
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Feature laden keyboard.."Bang for the buck" - 07/27/07 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barty:
Fran,
I moved to Tyros 2 which cost me exactly 10x what I paid for the Casio WK-3000. Unfortunately, as amazing the Tyros 2 is, I am not sure if it is 10x better than the Casio.

Wow now theres an honest statement!

Re: Feature laden keyboard.."Bang for the buck" - 07/27/07 10:47 AM

Barty, I owned the WK3000(in fact 2 of them)..For the price, you are correct..new Bang for the buck is high...but they are not without grave limitations....polyphony is one, style variations another..
They (WK3000) lacks a mic input, and outputs[other than the headphone jack]..

On the other hand a used board of the E-600 caliber..represents true bang for the buck...and I am sure there are others...none come to mind that offer what the E600 does for the price...
Posted by: freddynl

Re: Feature laden keyboard.."Bang for the buck" - 07/27/07 12:37 PM

How about US $ 250-300 for a G 800
(that is when you don't need the harmonizer)

I consider that a very best buy for the buck
Posted by: GlennT

Re: Feature laden keyboard.."Bang for the buck" - 07/27/07 01:46 PM

Fran, I see you're using a Zune mp3 player. I'm in the market for an mp3 player to use ocassionally for mp3 backing. Any particular reason you picked to Zune over others? How is it with playlists, quick song selections, screen visibility, etc?

Glenn

Re: Feature laden keyboard.."Bang for the buck" - 07/27/07 02:50 PM

Glenn, the same reason most musicians are going from ipod to Zune..Totally up-datable OS..and a better future..

Re: Feature laden keyboard.."Bang for the buck" - 07/27/07 02:54 PM

I Love My ZUNE also !!!

Re: Feature laden keyboard.."Bang for the buck" - 07/27/07 02:55 PM

Glenn go for the Zune..bigger screen, faster play time..you can cue the next song, and has quick list for making up sets..Future..WiFi, can send to other Zunes via wirelss..Plays all files..and Microsoft software is complete...I have had auto updates twice in 3 months...Look at it as open ended, unlike generation upgrades with ipod...

Re: Feature laden keyboard.."Bang for the buck" - 07/27/07 02:56 PM

Freddy that is bang for the bucks..At $400 for my E-600..that is bang for the bucks...BIG TIME..
Posted by: GlennT

Re: Feature laden keyboard.."Bang for the buck" - 07/27/07 07:25 PM

Thanks, Fran. The larger screen and WiFi sounds like big pluses. I had been looking at the CL Vision M, but think I'll go with the Zune.

Glenn

Re: Feature laden keyboard.."Bang for the buck" - 07/27/07 08:40 PM

Once Fran showed me the ZUNE I quickly dumped my Ipod video & bought one .....
I love it........it just dos everything a bit better especially navagation for musicians who want to use it on stage.
Posted by: Nick G

Re: Feature laden keyboard.."Bang for the buck" - 07/28/07 09:41 PM

theres one thing your allllll missing here...

the features are GREAT.. but....

the sound samples are no where near the quality of a yamaha / technics arranger from the last five years.

that is in my opinion what matters most to alot of musicians...

Nick
Posted by: ianmcnll

Re: Feature laden keyboard.."Bang for the buck" - 07/29/07 04:01 AM

Fran,

The E-600 was quite a keyboard in its day...lots of great features although a bit pricey when new.

A client of mine just sold an E-600 in terrific condition for $500 Cdn so he could buy a PSR-3000...seems he wanted a better piano sound plus the convenience of USB to Device(no floppies).

The E-600 seems to be a terrific alternative to the heavier(groan) G70 for those quickie gigs.

Congratulations on your purchase.

Ian

Re: Feature laden keyboard.."Bang for the buck" - 07/29/07 11:23 AM

Ian, I'm not sure he got a better acoustic piano..The E-600 has one of the best...

Nick, in the E-600 , I don't believe the average newer boards sound that much better and in some voices ..they don't sound as good..Scat voices, and acoustic piano as examples..

Re: Feature laden keyboard.."Bang for the buck" - 07/29/07 12:05 PM

Hi Fran,

I understand that you must defend your purchase, and I also agree the E-600 has a great piano sound...it's just that my client preferred the 3k's Live Grand...can't say I blame him.

All in all...piano sounds are subjective.

You did get a great deal on the E-600...it's still a viable instrument.

Ian

Re: Feature laden keyboard.."Bang for the buck" - 07/29/07 12:17 PM

Besides the E600.....can anyone tell me what the other Brown KB was?
Posted by: Taike

Re: Feature laden keyboard.."Bang for the buck" - 07/29/07 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Hi Fran,

I understand that you must defend your purchase, and I also agree the E-600 has a great piano sound...it's just that my client preferred the 3k's Live Grand...can't say I blame him.

All in all...piano sounds are subjective.

You did get a great deal on the E-600...it's still a viable instrument.

Ian

PSR3000 or E-600 piano voices...both are nothing compared to Schroeder's Ace piano!

Re: Feature laden keyboard.."Bang for the buck" - 07/30/07 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Taike:
PSR3000 or E-600 piano voices...both are nothing compared to Schroeder's Ace piano!

Correctomundo!!

Ian