9000 Pro - ready to jump?

Posted by: Tony W

9000 Pro - ready to jump? - 09/10/02 03:07 PM

Hello All,
With the imminent arrival of the Tyros here in the UK I rang my dealer to see what price reduction I could expect on a 9000Pro. (see how cheap I am )

I have been an admirer of the pro since I played it when it first came out but at the time had not long had my KN6000 so just admired from afar.

To cut a long story short (new tactics ), I have decided to get one and probably keep the 6000 rather than upgrade to the technics 7000. My dealer has already discounted the pro to £1,599 including the speakers and lights but no stand. Any of you UK guys know of better deals out there?
If anyone hears of any second hand bargains out and about I might well consider that also.

Like I said I have only played the pro once but loved it straight away. Any of you Pro owners or past owners opinions on this board would be gratefully recieved
Many thanks
Tony

[This message has been edited by Tony W (edited 09-10-2002).]
Posted by: sk880user

Re: 9000 Pro - ready to jump? - 09/10/02 03:13 PM

you are smart. This is the best time to buy a keyboard. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the voices and styles of PSR9Kpro.

The deal with new keyboards is they are getting better, but the voices of older ones are not getting obsolete.

Furthermore, you are buying a keyboard with most bugs already ironed out and tricks known and documented.

But Tyros is a tempting deal because of its weight.
Posted by: Mario

Re: 9000 Pro - ready to jump? - 09/10/02 03:45 PM

Tony:
We are almost in the same "wavelength". After listening to Donny Pesce perform with his PSR9000 in the last few weeks I am leaning towards this KB. I have now a 2000 and love the features except the lack of flash memory which I would have (or at lest a HD)by buying the psr9k. Another feature I loved about the PSR9k is the speakers, they are awesome, Donny did a gig yesterday at a Nursing to small crowd of patients in a a fairly small room and all he used for amplification was the kb speakers; they were amazingly clear and "punchy", just perfect for the occasion. This sold me on to the psr9k, it couldn't have been an easier gig.
Not trying to sway you into buying one of this kbs, just telling you the facts. The Pro is awkward for it's size and weight considering it has no speakers.
Good luck in your search, I think I know what I want since the Tyros is out of my range for now.
Mario
Posted by: dlstarry

Re: 9000 Pro - ready to jump? - 09/10/02 05:49 PM

HI: Tony
I have had my 9000 PRO for 1yr. 9 month now & still love it.
The Pro is a great KB ( IMHO ).
I can't believe that I'm not tired of it yet after having it for nearly
2yrs.
That must say some thing.
Enjoying the 9000 PRO
Denny
Posted by: Uncle Dave

Re: 9000 Pro - ready to jump? - 09/10/02 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mario:
The Pro is awkward for it's size and weight considering it has no speakers.

Not as awkward as the PSR9k. It's so deep and so heavy and the case is HUUUUUGE ! Donny is a big, strong guy who ALWAYS uses a hand truck. What about those little gigs where even a hand truck is too bulky to store? Girls are right - size counts.......but not always the right way !
Posted by: DonM

Re: 9000 Pro - ready to jump? - 09/10/02 07:56 PM

I can carry the 2000 with one hand.
DonM
Posted by: Eric, B

Re: 9000 Pro - ready to jump? - 09/10/02 08:33 PM

Hey Tony,

If you should decide for the 9000Pro, remember that there are some great CVP-209 Styles waiting for you, which enhances the keyboard greatly.

Eric