G70 For Sale

Posted by: cassp

G70 For Sale - 11/02/07 06:24 AM

This time - for sure.
4 months old; used out twice; mint condition
original box; AC cord; music rack, sustain pedal; owners manuals (2)
I will INCLUDE 32 mg CF card AND Kaces gig bag.

Price to SZ members only $2150 plus insured shipping to your place (estimate $60-75 in USA).

I will list this on eBay on Tuesday 11/06, probably for $2200 + shipping.

I am only selling this because I also have a 3K and don't need two arrangers. The G70 is a pleasure to play; the 76 keys are great. The weight is considerable and probably the main reason why I am selling. This is a primo board.
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: G70 For Sale - 11/02/07 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by cassp:
This time - for sure.

I am only selling this because I also have a 3K and don't need two arrangers. The G70 is a pleasure to play; the 76 keys are great. The weight is considerable and probably the main reason why I am selling. This is a primo board.

Cass your story sounds familiar Good luck.
Last night I played the G70 and thought I gotta have rocks in my head for selling it it.It is primo no doubt about it, weight became an issue for me, especially since I'm doing mostly 1 hour gigs. I'm sure if I were selling the Tyros 2 the same thoughts would be going thru my head.
Posted by: Runedog

Re: G70 For Sale - 11/02/07 12:32 PM

Pity this wasn't for sale in the UK

------------------
Runedog
Posted by: JonPro

Re: G70 For Sale - 11/02/07 04:06 PM

casp,
How much do you think it would cost to get it to Australia?
Jon

Re: G70 For Sale - 11/02/07 04:34 PM

cassp,
If the weight is a big factor, have you considered a case with wheels like the Gator hard and soft range of bags. I have a 9000PRO and it travels everywhere with me on "Gator" wheels. Very little lifting required.
Jon

Re: G70 For Sale - 11/02/07 07:14 PM

Shipping to Australia would probably be a few hundred USD, but I'll try to find something out that's more definite.

I have a Gator case with wheels, but it's getting it up and down the stairs that's the killer. The Gator adds about another 12-15 lbs. easily. That's why I picked up the Kaces gig bag; less than 5 lbs.

Re: G70 For Sale - 11/02/07 07:23 PM

Quote:

I have a Gator case with wheels, but it's getting it up and down the stairs that's the killer. The Gator adds about another 12-15 lbs. easily. That's why I picked up the Kaces gig bag; less than 5 lbs.

Yep I know the "challenge". My gator now follows me up and down stairs (carefully so as not to jar the internals). Definitely not carried.
Jon

Re: G70 For Sale - 11/07/07 07:01 AM

Here it is on eBay. Auction ends Sunday night. My offer to SZ members still stands.

Cass's G-70 .
Posted by: doc-z

Re: G70 For Sale - 11/08/07 12:48 AM

How much would shipping be to norway?

Doc-Z
Posted by: Dnj

Re: G70 For Sale - 11/08/07 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by doc-z:

Doc-Z

I shipped one to
Northern Scotland..shipping was $360.00 US Fedex
Took 10 days safe and sound. I would assume Norway to be in the range or more or less.
Posted by: Gunnar Jonny

Re: G70 For Sale - 11/08/07 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by doc-z:

Well, the taxes will sure add a lot of $ on top.......
Norway is Norway........

Happy Playing.
GJ
Posted by: Dnj

Re: G70 For Sale - 11/08/07 08:20 AM

Make sure you declare it a "USED" instrument when you ship....that will save you on tarriffs on the other end.

Re: G70 For Sale - 11/08/07 10:49 AM

doc - I'm presently negotiation a sale to Cleveland, just a few hours away from me. I really would prefer not to ship overseas. I know that shipping to Laos is $900, but that's in the opposite direction. I would suggest you check with your local FedEx and see how much it would cost to send a pick-up tag. That way you would have complete control over the package once it leaves the seller. For this G70 and all the goodies, the box is 60 lbs. 57x17x9 inches.

Re: G70 For Sale - 11/08/07 10:59 AM

Hey cassp I was just found out the G-70 has a built in power supply, and from what I've gathered it isn't switchable. (We're all on 220 volts over here) So then it is better that you sell it in the US.

Cheers!

Doc-Z
Posted by: Fran Carango

Re: G70 For Sale - 11/08/07 01:12 PM

The G70 has a Universal power supply..100-240.

Re: G70 For Sale - 11/09/07 12:32 AM

You sure about that? I watched a highres image of the back of it, and that silver sticker next to the poweroutlet said "110v" so I assumed they made several versions of it with different powersupplies.

Doc-Z

Re: G70 For Sale - 11/09/07 05:23 AM

Doc...As stated in the manual..Call Roland support to verify..

Re: G70 For Sale - 11/09/07 05:27 AM

BTW..My G70 does show 117 volt on the attached plate...but it states in the manual 100-240, universal power supply..
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: G70 For Sale - 11/09/07 07:32 AM

Fran,

While the power supply itself will operate on 240 volts, the connector must be rewired for that correct voltage configuration. Your plug (power connector) is wired for 117V-AC, thus the placement of the silver label.

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

Re: G70 For Sale - 11/09/07 10:56 AM

Gary, glad you're back. How are the stones?
Posted by: miden

Re: G70 For Sale - 11/09/07 12:02 PM

It, like most other of these keyboards, has what they call a "Switching Power Supply" which simply means the power supply will automatically adjust to the power supply within its band (110-240) in whatever country it is in. It uses the standard IEC connector at the keyboard end, and all you need is an IEC power cord with your countrys' plug configuration at the "wall socket" end.
Dennis

Re: G70 For Sale - 11/09/07 06:35 PM

Dennis that has been my understanding for the last few years..
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: G70 For Sale - 11/09/07 07:21 PM

Cass,

Still have the stone, but it's in my bladder now where it doesn't cause pain.

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

Re: G70 For Sale - 11/10/07 03:48 PM

What's your feeling about letting someone come and try a board you have for sale on eBay?

My original thought would be - no.
Posted by: mikeathome1

Re: G70 For Sale - 11/10/07 04:52 PM

Quote:
What's your feeling about letting someone come and try a board you have for sale on eBay?

My original thought would be - no.

I wouldn't let anyone come to my house. I just tell them I am not setup for demos and they should know what they are buying before they bid on it. Tell them it is already packed. Give him a 24 hour DOA guarantee. He pays shipping both ways. I tell them the only thing I can guarantee is that it is a working G70 I don't guarantee that you'll like it or that it will fit your needs or wants.
If he just wants to see if he likes it tell him to go to the local music store and try one out.
I'd rather sell it for a few bucks less and get someone that knows what it is and is going to be no problems
Posted by: Uncle Dave

Re: G70 For Sale - 11/10/07 05:05 PM

Meet at a hotel, use their electric in a banquet room and demo there. Safe, secure, monitored. Everyone is protected !

Re: G70 For Sale - 11/10/07 05:27 PM

Had a person about an hour away who asked if he could see it. I said it was packed up; he said he'd repack it for me. I still said no. I had an exchange with another person about an hr. away and he offered for me to come check his board. I reconsidered my original offer and told prospect #1 I'd meet him at my church job. He missed the message and was disappointed I didn't call him at the number he left.

What a PITA. I agree with Mike; don't open yourself up to this aggravation.

Now, will someone please put a bid on my G70 so I can buy that XK-1.

Re: G70 For Sale - 11/10/07 05:28 PM

If you have had conversations , both email and phone calls..you can tell if someone is legit..I have visited many sellers at their homes and vise versa..Never any problems..

I think you may be over concerned..
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: G70 For Sale - 11/10/07 06:02 PM

Cass I met the buyer of my G70 at a Dunkin Donuts coffee shoppe. The buyer knew the G70 since a friend of his owned one. Worked out with out a hitch both a happy buyer and a happy seller.

Re: G70 For Sale - 11/10/07 06:21 PM

Lately I get all my bids in the last 5 minutes. It'll sit there for days with nothing then it takes off.

Re: G70 For Sale - 11/10/07 06:27 PM

I might let a buyer pick it up, as others have suggested, after he has paid by paypal so we don't have to exchange large sums of money.
But someone who's just looking or just wants to try one because he's never seen one in person........send him to the music store.