Posted by: Dnj

ALESIS & LOGITECH...Same company?...... - 06/28/06 11:03 AM

http://store.djhardwares.com/alpr5151co50.ht
ml

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2,CONTENTID=9486

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 06-28-2006).]
Posted by: squeak_D

Re: ALESIS & LOGITECH...Same company?...... - 06/28/06 11:04 AM

Alesis makes some good stuff in other areas, but don't by the Alesis Fusion! It will make you cry, and say many bad words

Squeak

Re: ALESIS & LOGITECH...Same company?...... - 06/28/06 11:05 AM

both subs look identicle
Posted by: squeak_D

Re: ALESIS & LOGITECH...Same company?...... - 06/28/06 11:13 AM

It's possible one sold to the other. That's what happened with the Roland Micro-Monitors. They're exactly the same as before, only this time have the Berhinger name on them.

It's possible Alesis or Logitech merged on this item.., real question who had it out first

Squeak
Posted by: Scott Langholff

Re: ALESIS & LOGITECH...Same company?...... - 06/28/06 02:58 PM

Donny

That was a pretty interesting find. Actually in looking closely at the Alesis 5.1, the satellites look just like the Logitech z2200 satellites.

My guess is that there is some company in China that's making them and different companies can buy them with different trade agreements, like maybe just change the appearence a little etc.

I also noticed that those light weight PA heads by Berhinger now have some competition with something very similar by Yamaha. My guess is these are made in the same Chinese factory also.

Scott

[This message has been edited by Scott Langholff (edited 06-28-2006).]

Re: ALESIS & LOGITECH...Same company?...... - 06/28/06 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott Langholff:
Donny

That was a pretty interesting find. Actually in looking closely at the Alesis 5.1, the satellites look just like the Logitech z2200 satellites.

My guess is that there is some company in China that's making them and different companies can buy them with different trade agreements, like maybe just change the appearence a little etc.

I also noticed that those light weight PA heads by Berhinger now have some competition with something very similar by Yamaha. My guess is these are made in the same Chinese factory also.

Scott

Scott......yes I agree.....an educated consumer is your biggest defense