Need a Tyros bargain???????

Posted by: Uncle Dave

Need a Tyros bargain??????? - 02/15/04 11:10 PM

Check out the "For Sale" section folks !
Posted by: Tony W

Re: Need a Tyros bargain??????? - 02/16/04 04:57 AM

Dave,
Please open a branch of UD music in the UK!!! I love a bargain and a deal but they just are not to be found over here!

Tony
Posted by: trtjazz

Re: Need a Tyros bargain??????? - 02/16/04 06:35 AM

So what's the bargain....there's no price listed. What's a bargain to you may not be to me.
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html
Posted by: Scottyee

Re: Need a Tyros bargain??????? - 02/16/04 07:34 AM

Right, wonder how 'LOW' Uncle Dave will go on his so called 'mute' keyboard with the too small toyish keys, especially since he also stated that he thought the Tyros more fitting to be carried at Toys R Us.

Re: Need a Tyros bargain??????? - 02/16/04 08:05 AM

Read the post ..... you tell ME what it's worth. You already know I don't like it.
BTW - Toys R Us wouldn't trake a trade on a PS2. Damn ......
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Need a Tyros bargain??????? - 02/16/04 08:09 AM

Fellas...Fellas....common,
talk price in private.....

Re: Need a Tyros bargain??????? - 02/16/04 08:12 AM

Who's talkin' price? I didn't hear no stinkin' offers yet !
Posted by: cassp

Re: Need a Tyros bargain??????? - 02/16/04 10:53 AM

I'm beginning to think that a good synth and a drum machine would be just as good as an arranger. Anyone agree?
Posted by: Scottyee

Re: Need a Tyros bargain??????? - 02/16/04 11:29 AM

cassp: Huh? Sorry, I don't agree with you. While a synth, along with drum machine, can make a good performance pair, especially when configuring & playing the kb in split mode (with bass in LH and playing comping chords/fills/melody in RH, and of which I occasionally like to play in this style myself), even the best synth and a drum machine together, cannot match what is the 'primary' feature of an 'auto accompaniment' arranger: 'full' instrumental auto-accompaniment (bass, drums, keyboard, + other backing instruments). Only a true arranger keyboard will provide, while played live, a 'complete' rhythm section backing arrangement. - Scott
Posted by: DonM

Re: Need a Tyros bargain??????? - 02/16/04 12:22 PM

Dave did you get my email?
DonM

Re: Need a Tyros bargain??????? - 02/16/04 02:22 PM

Just answered it! Let the bidding begin !
3 inquiries so far......

Re: Need a Tyros bargain??????? - 02/16/04 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cassp:
a good synth and a drum machine would be just as good as an arranger.

In some ways, it's better. In other ways is not. As a manual bass player, I adore creating my own arrangement as I go along, making the badd and drums "kick" together at MY whim. I really prefer that triop sound for the more intimate, early part of the night. I actually HATE using an auto arranger when the kb is quiet. It lacks most of the "luster" at lower volumes, so I reserve the auto boys for when i need a fatter, fuller sound for dancers. Aside from that - I use Custom MP3's or sequences for stuff that "needs" to sound right.

I still contend that the arranger can be overused. Especially if you do many songs with the same patterns. Mix it up ..... play some bass, play some muted arrangements .... Play, play, play !!!!!!

Re: Need a Tyros bargain??????? - 02/16/04 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
Just answered it! Let the bidding begin !
3 inquiries so far......

Dave
So it's less of a "bargain" and more of an auction then.
Terry

------------------
jam on,

Re: Need a Tyros bargain??????? - 02/16/04 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cassp:
I'm beginning to think that a good synth and a drum machine would be just as good as an arranger. Anyone agree?

Cassp
I agree with Scott here. Two almost totally different concepts and approaches to making music. I own all of the mentioned and approach them all differently.

To me overall an arranger is far more flexible and can cross over to cover what a synth/workstation does, by not turing on auto accmp., but not visa versa.
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Posted by: frankieve

Re: Need a Tyros bargain??????? - 02/17/04 04:56 AM

What's next Uncle Dave..., Korg PA1xpro?

Re: Need a Tyros bargain??????? - 02/17/04 07:35 AM

Could be..... could be.
I'd rather have the model with speakers though. I just want to sell these two sleds so I can be ready for the next big thing. I don't want either of these. (Ty or Tri)
C'mon people ..... the Triton is CHEEEEEEEEP!
Posted by: frankieve

Re: Need a Tyros bargain??????? - 02/17/04 07:40 AM

looks like I just sold my Tyros too, maybe we can get a 2 purchase deal on a PA1?

Re: Need a Tyros bargain??????? - 02/17/04 07:42 AM

Yeah .... when are THEY due out?

Re: Need a Tyros bargain??????? - 02/17/04 08:04 AM

The Korg Pax1 pro61 w/speakers
& the new Bose system Dave?

WOW ! Woweee! Wow Wow!....

You go boy!!!

------------------
www.donnypesce.com

Re: Need a Tyros bargain??????? - 02/17/04 08:09 AM

Yeah - wouldn't THAT be sweet. Maybe even leave the rack at home if the vocalizer works the way it should. Hmmmm?

Re: Need a Tyros bargain??????? - 02/17/04 06:20 PM

Thats the only combo/gear exciting me in the future so far....hey, your half way there

PS:..5 more inches of snow tonight Arggggg!