Help USB to Midi Cable

Posted by: ziggy

Help USB to Midi Cable - 01/30/04 06:39 AM

Anybody know where I can get USB to Midi Cable and softwear that goes with it, for a reasonable price??

I prefer to buy from England cause I am in Europe and they arrive much faster then they do From the States.

Any help Appreciated.

Tony
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: Help USB to Midi Cable - 01/30/04 06:44 AM

Tony,

They're not cheap--about $50 U.S. for the Edirol UM1, which is the model I use. They're available in most music stores and from some of the online stores as well.

Gary
Posted by: cassp

Re: Help USB to Midi Cable - 01/30/04 07:38 AM

Ziggy, I have the M-Audio 1x1 USB to Midi cable. It was $39 US at Guitar Center. Sorry I can't give you a store on your side, but a quick search should get you one for about the same price in Euros.
Posted by: Benno Kattenat

Re: Help USB to Midi Cable - 01/30/04 09:52 AM

I think edirol is the best way to go, i have the UM-1 also , Band in Box has also has the one with 2 midis in 2 midis out ,69 $ us
CHECK IT OUT , BENNO
Posted by: Uncle Dave

Re: Help USB to Midi Cable - 01/30/04 11:04 AM

Midiman makes one with 1in / 1out for about $40 US.

Re: Help USB to Midi Cable - 01/30/04 03:40 PM

Thank you all for the imput, in Malta it is very Expensive "$130"!!! so I have to get it from the Net.
I will be considering all your inputs.

Tony.

Re: Help USB to Midi Cable - 01/30/04 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
Midiman makes one with 1in / 1out for about $40 US.

Dave I looked at the Midiman Uno and it looks great, Have you any idea if it is Reliable, see the thing is that the input and outputs are connected directly to the mould, I have seen others that the Midi cable can be connected to the base Base, and so do the USB. You don't have any idea if the Midiman Uno are robust enough to withstand 5 days a week use???

Thx

Tony.