WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ARRANGER AND A WORKSTATION ?

Posted by: claudiu

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ARRANGER AND A WORKSTATION ? - 10/23/05 05:49 PM

Hee ! What is the difference between a professional arranger (Roland VA-76) and a Workstation (Yamaha Motif ES)? What is the difference between those 2 ( arranger and workstation)? It's quiet confusing. Please answer me...Thank you in advance.
Posted by: Scottyee

Re: WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ARRANGER AND A WORKSTATION ? - 10/23/05 06:13 PM

Arrangers include a Style 'Auto Accompaniment' feature. This allows you to trigger auto-accomp (rhythm section: Drums, Bass + other accomp parts) by playing the chord progression live. With a traditional workstation, accomp parts must be pre-sequenced, and more limited than the auto acccomp arranger, when utilizing a workstation's arpgegiation feature. Scott
Posted by: zuki

Re: WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ARRANGER AND A WORKSTATION ? - 10/23/05 09:51 PM

An arranger is a quick way to lay down or play a song.

A workstation is just that - too much "work"
Posted by: nardoni2002

Re: WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ARRANGER AND A WORKSTATION ? - 10/24/05 02:03 AM

also you need to realise that some arranger keyboards have a long learning curve,Yamaha arrangers are very easy to operate.

[This message has been edited by nardoni2002 (edited 10-24-2005).]
Posted by: kbrkr

Re: WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ARRANGER AND A WORKSTATION ? - 10/24/05 10:05 AM

The Yamaha Motif ES has many, many more voices than an arranger with the ability to sample and playback. Also, the Motif can sequence with templates and has rudimentary chord recognition. The Motif also has performances whereby you can have many different voices and sequences playing back simultaneously. You can also control other software synths and PC sequencers through the Motif more easily than an arranger.

Please check the for sale section for my listing of a Yamaha Motif ES 88 for sale.
Posted by: Mainer

Re: WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ARRANGER AND A WORKSTATION ? - 10/24/05 10:36 AM

Quote by Zuki

Best explanation I've ever heard. !!!! LOL

Re: WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ARRANGER AND A WORKSTATION ? - 10/24/05 12:24 PM

thanks for answering but what can you do with a workstation? i know what i can do with an arranger but what can you do with a workstation? and...synthesizer..?
Posted by: mikeathome1

Re: WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ARRANGER AND A WORKSTATION ? - 10/24/05 01:12 PM

You are limited only by your imagination.

There is no simple answer suggest you look at ads for workstations and see what the ads say they can do.

Re: WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ARRANGER AND A WORKSTATION ? - 10/25/05 12:01 PM

ok - thank you