Ya PSR1k+2k: left hold

Posted by: Krix

Ya PSR1k+2k: left hold - 10/28/01 10:29 AM

When I fetched specifications for Ya PSR 1k/2k from the Net 1k had Left Hold but
not 2k. That must be wrong, eeeeh?
For me Left Hold is very important.
I suppose then that LH means: you can take an accord and the accompiament and left hand instruments goes on with that accord until you take another accord.
Is that right?

Krix
Posted by: George Kaye

Re: Ya PSR1k+2k: left hold - 10/28/01 01:19 PM

Krix,
Yes the PSR2000 has a left hold function button and yes it means that you can take your hand off the keys and the accomp will continue. It also means that if you use a left hand voice and you take your hand off the keybord your left voice will continue sustaining until you play another chord or note with the left hand.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
Posted by: freddynl

Re: Ya PSR1k+2k: left hold - 10/28/01 01:19 PM

Yup, all arrangers do that...so nothing to worry about...even the cheapest casio will do this!
heheh
three answers within a minute

[This message has been edited by freddynl (edited 10-28-2001).]
Posted by: TomTomSF

Re: Ya PSR1k+2k: left hold - 10/28/01 09:32 PM

Hi Freddy
Yes, I guess they all do have left hold somewhere in them. But it is easier to activate on some models than on others. For instance, on my Roland, just push one button & the left voice and bass will hold. But on my PSR 740, I'm not sure where you go to get the left voice and bass to hold.
Tom
I suppose I could look in the manual someday!
Posted by: Rixon

Re: Ya PSR1k+2k: left hold - 10/29/01 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by George Kaye:
Krix,
Yes the PSR2000 has a left hold function button and yes it means that you can take your hand off the keys and the accomp will continue. It also means that if you use a left hand voice and you take your hand off the keybord your left voice will continue sustaining until you play another chord or note with the left hand.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California

Thanks George.
That was a very good explanation.

Krix

PS What does eek! mean? DS