Would somebody with a 2000 try this...

Posted by: jedi

Would somebody with a 2000 try this... - 03/20/02 03:38 PM

Hi, after you do that test thing (BTW how do you slow it down?) Press C-1 and then press "Tempo - or + " . you can go through a whole bunch of parameters and can somebody explain what they mean and Please tell me how I can tell what Ver. I have, If I do that C#-F-G# it goes by so fast I can`t tell anything , even though I have tried press the "start-stop" button it doesn`t do any good. Like the first one I had , sounds good but "A Guy Could Go Nut`s" trying to figure this thing out. Please help Thank you very much for your help already I just thought I would start this thread for people to repsond, Thanks
jedi
Posted by: LindaFus

Re: Would somebody with a 2000 try this... - 03/20/02 04:44 PM

Jedi,

Move an octave down and try the c# F G#. It should start with the word test.

-Linda

Re: Would somebody with a 2000 try this... - 03/20/02 05:07 PM

Hi Linda,
Well I guess you know I tried it again! Thanks for your reply I just tried [C#-F-G#] and nothing happened!!?? Very strange, I just got this KB today and I had to wait for the place I got it to get some in stock(I did that hoping to get the newest Ver, possible and yet the one you have is a newer model than mine??) My serial # is 617980 , the old one I had was614611.
Anyway if you could try this: after you do that test to find out what ver. press C-1 and see if any thing happens. thanks BWT "word test" did I miss something?
it`s a good sounding KB I just wish they but more effort in it`s production. Hey thanks a bunch for all your help(if your on-line here tonight I`ll keep an eye-out for responces thanks,
jedi
Posted by: Scottyee

Re: Would somebody with a 2000 try this... - 03/20/02 05:54 PM

Jedi,

The only test procedure that I am familiar with is pressing/holding down the notes C#-F-G# as a chord (one octave above the lowest C# on the KB) while turning on the keyboard. Then press the START button. This should bring up a screen which displays the Main Boot, Main Program, and other parameters. The ONLY two which I know that have been changed with the updates is Main Program & possibly Main Boot. On my2000, the Main Boot reads 1.03, and ALL the other parameters (including Main Program) read 1.00. Hope this helps. - Scott

Re: Would somebody with a 2000 try this... - 03/20/02 05:57 PM

Hi Linda,
I just tried it again and it worked (very strange) here`s what I got on mine:
Main Boot : 1.03
Main Program :1.10
All the rest :1.00

Re: Would somebody with a 2000 try this... - 03/20/02 06:02 PM

Ok Jedi,

Sounds like you got a later version than me, but not the latest version. I believe that version main program 1.20 has been reported by some (LindaFus?). Oh well.

In the meantime, I'm still happy playing & performing professionally with mine . . . until . . . the Technics KN7000, Ketron Solton SD something, or Yamaha 10K . . . come out.

Re: Would somebody with a 2000 try this... - 03/20/02 06:08 PM

Thanks Scott,
But what is it when you press C-1 after the test is completed? There seems to be some way of changing parameters, if you know what the code is. I think that pressing C-1 AFTER the boot test my be a start if that is the case then maybe it is possible to debug the entire system? Please try the boot test and then hit C-1 and respond many,many thank for your help,
jedi
PS: It could be just like the new "Sony Wega" tv`s -- display+5+volume-up+power, and that gets you into the service mode, any thoughts would be welcome

Re: Would somebody with a 2000 try this... - 03/20/02 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jedi:
Thanks Scott,
But what is it when you press C-1 after the test is completed? There seems to be some way of changing parameters, if you know what the code is.

I dunno, but I'm not going to risk trying to figure that one out either. I rely on my PSR2000 for my work and depend on it solely now, especially since I just recently (last week) sold my Technics KN5000.

Re: Would somebody with a 2000 try this... - 03/20/02 06:36 PM

I understand completly thanks anyway.
BTW that 7000 is WOW-to-the Tenth Power!!!! Is that an actual panel that folds down over the keyboard? O, hey Scott do you think it will work with a Mac (just in case you didn`t get my same ? in the thread about the 7000). Thank you very much for all you have done to help!!
Happy Gig`n!!!
jedi
Posted by: LindaFus

Re: Would somebody with a 2000 try this... - 03/21/02 03:52 AM

Hi Jedi,

Mine reads Main Boot 1.03 Main Program 1.20 and all others 1.0. I have not tried the c-1 thing yet but I will when I get home from work today. I haven't had much time to play lately and I write messages coming and going to work. I will let you know how I fair with all the problems reported. I am planning to take some time this weekend to experiment with the keyboard.

Take care,

-Linda

Re: Would somebody with a 2000 try this... - 03/21/02 07:58 AM

Hi Linda,
Thanks for your help, WOW, I guess so far you have the latest ver.out there. Thats great can you save panel settings? And do you get your latest from? Thanks for the reply I`ll check back later, Best wishes and BTW if you do that C-1 thing you want hurt the KB you`ll just have to reboot as you would doing the Ver. test
jedi
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Would somebody with a 2000 try this... - 03/21/02 08:23 AM

jedi ..... my understanding, based on the few photos and Alec's report (see other threads), the panel does fold down over the keyboard ..... Scott Yee voiced some concern about that (extra moving parts with wires, etc.), but HOPEFULLY that has all been worked out .... it's going to be a LONG time until the fall when they should be available in Euro, , and generally they are not available in the US for a few months after that ......
in the meanwhile, I'll keep enjoying my kn6000
t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 03-21-2002).]

Re: Would somebody with a 2000 try this... - 03/21/02 09:44 AM

Hi tony mads usa
Thanks for the reply, ya I know waiting is the hard part. Also I was reading (forgot the thread) that some dealers "jack-up" the price and then tell the customer "OK I`ll knock-off a few hundred and still end up with more than there sug. retail price.
I agree with (what ever thread) that Panasonic should make public a sugested retail price, so consumers don`t get stuck
anyway have a great day
jedi