Yamaha address for Tyros styles?

Posted by: Dreamer

Yamaha address for Tyros styles? - 05/07/06 10:20 AM

Does anyone know the web address to which the Tyros 2 connects by default when you try to buy new styles or download any update?
I am asking because I have a wireless connection which does not seem to work with the T2, so have thought that maybe I could access the same website using my computer.
Thanks.
Posted by: BEBOP

Re: Yamaha address for Tyros styles? - 05/07/06 10:59 AM

Dreamer,
You first need to register:
https://music.yamaha.com/serviceRegistration.html
this is my initial contact addy:
Yamaha Music Interactive [Yamaha_Music_Interactive@mail.vresp.com]
hope this helps you,
Bebop
Posted by: Eric, B

Re: Yamaha address for Tyros styles? - 05/07/06 11:02 AM

Hi Andrea,

sorry there is no website currently where you can buy the same styles.

Do you have the USB LAN adapter? Which you need in order to get to the styles.
I have a wireless router, but it also has 4 inputs for wires at the back side were I hook my KB into.

Good luck my friend.

Eric

Re: Yamaha address for Tyros styles? - 05/07/06 12:38 PM

Bill,
thank you for your reply. I am already registered, so will see what I can do.

Eric,
I suspected that the solution could be the one you wrote, but this means that I have to lug my keyboard near the wireless modem (which has also a USB port, where I can connect the T2).
Thanks!
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Yamaha address for Tyros styles? - 05/07/06 05:58 PM

What new yamaha T2 Styles

Re: Yamaha address for Tyros styles? - 05/07/06 06:12 PM

Andrea,

did you get my e-mail?
I still have your old adress and I don't know whether you changed it since.
Let me know.

Dony,

you have to register with Yamaha first, which is free.

https://music.yamaha.com/myYamaha/userAccount.html;jsessionid=36E1231D59FA33577F5D14714BD1837F

Then you'll wait for your free USB LAN adapter in the mail, then you hook that up to your internet and your KB, turn on your KB, hit Internet on the maun page of your KB and you're in business....

Then go to the styles page and check out the new Premium styles that are made for the T2.

Eric
Posted by: TwoNuts

Re: Yamaha address for Tyros styles? - 05/07/06 07:07 PM

Dreamer,

Have you looked to see that your USB Wireless Adapter is listed on the Tyros 2 as an approved device. The Tyros 2 has the necessary drivers for only a small group of USB wireless interfaces. You may want to check and see if that is the problem.

Regards,

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Yamaha address for Tyros styles? - 05/07/06 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Eric, B:
Andrea,

did you get my e-mail?
I still have your old adress and I don't know whether you changed it since.
Let me know.

Dony,

you have to register with Yamaha first, which is free.

https://music.yamaha.com/myYamaha/userAccount.html;jsessionid=36E1231D59FA33577F5D14714BD1837F

Then you'll wait for your free USB LAN adapter in the mail, then you hook that up to your internet and your KB, turn on your KB, hit Internet on the maun page of your KB and you're in business....

Then go to the styles page and check out the new Premium styles that are made for the T2.

Eric

Eric thanx for the info.......do you need to install the t2 CD software first?

Re: Yamaha address for Tyros styles? - 05/07/06 08:54 PM

Hi Donny,

"Eric thanx for the info.......do you need to install the t2 CD software first?"

No

Eric

Re: Yamaha address for Tyros styles? - 05/07/06 09:50 PM

Eric,
yes, I got your email today. Following your advice I registered and hope to receive soon my LAN adapter.

Dennis,
I think that my wireless adapter is not included in the list provided by Yamaha, so I will have to hook the Tyros directly to the USB port of my modem.

Thanks to all
A.
Posted by: kbrkr

Re: Yamaha address for Tyros styles? - 05/08/06 03:32 AM

Just an FYI, but my Tyros 2 always barks at my Linksys USB Wireless Network unit saying it is not supported when I go into Direct connection mode, but ALWAYS works anyways.

If your USB wireless adapter is not on the list of compatible devices, I would try it anyway.

Al
Posted by: Craig_UK

Re: Yamaha address for Tyros styles? - 05/08/06 04:01 AM

The premium styles available on the IDC are well worth the money, there's about 60 I think to pick from.

Re: Yamaha address for Tyros styles? - 05/08/06 11:23 AM

Al and all the others:
I just tried to hook my Tyros 2 directly to my wireless modem, usind the USB port. The T2 tried to communicate with the modem for a long time (at least 5 minutes, but could be even more), then displayed a message saying that the LAN adapter wasn't supported.
Meanwhile, I registered to the address given by Eric and today I received an email from Yamaha saying that I will receive a free LAN adapter within three weeks.
Can't wait to try those styles: does anyone know their price?

Re: Yamaha address for Tyros styles? - 05/08/06 12:41 PM

Hi Andrea,

I'm at work right now and can't check, but I believe the premium styles are $6.95 each and the regular styles are $4.95 each.
The premium styles are well worth the money and as good or better than the internal T2 styles.
A couple of them have a really nice tight groove.
Some of the regular styles are T1 styles and some are new to me, but not as good as the premium styles.

Good luck with your USB LAN adapter.

Ciao

Eric

Re: Yamaha address for Tyros styles? - 05/08/06 09:35 PM

Eric,
thanks!