shot delayed...

Posted by: captain Russ

shot delayed... - 02/10/21 01:06 PM

My Covid shot was scheduled for tomorrow. It's been delayed, because of the weather. They'll let me know when. Thing is, I have a Covid test Sunday, a 2nd cataract operation Tuesday, an eye surgery follow-up on Wednesday and a physical the following Monday.

DAMN!

Russ
Posted by: tassiespirit

Re: shot delayed... - 02/10/21 03:08 PM

Rus,

They know you are a tough cookie and can take it!

Allan
Posted by: lahawk

Re: shot delayed... - 02/12/21 04:58 PM

Geez Russ everything at once. Good luck hope everything works out.

Getting my first Covid shot tomorrow at the VA. Heard they have a good supply, and that's good news.

Re: shot delayed... - 02/19/21 10:52 AM

I GOT IT!....the first shot, I mean. Then, last night I learned that the effectiveness of this shot is 90% after the first one. They're not sure how long it lasts, and that may have something to do with the suggestion to take the 2nd one.

I'm PUMPED!

Russ
Posted by: Crossover

Re: shot delayed... - 02/22/21 12:21 PM

It‘s certainly a relief. I‘m relieved my 92-year-old mother got her first shot yesterday. In her case, the effectiveness is probably reduced as she takes a cortison medication (immune suppression), but hopefully still good enough.

Re: shot delayed... - 02/24/21 09:28 AM

Damn, Rachel, ya mean I'm gonna have to start flirting with your MOM?

OK!

Russ
Posted by: Crossover

Re: shot delayed... - 02/26/21 05:31 PM

Well, in that case, better brush up your German wink

Re: shot delayed... - 02/27/21 11:50 AM

Best of luck to mom....YOU, TOO!

Russ
Posted by: Bernie9

Re: shot delayed... - 03/04/21 01:37 AM

The wife and I finally got our first shots yesterday. While thankful to get them, it was an unholy scene of desperate old folks waiting two hours past their allotted time. This was a drive through with hundreds of cars jammed up on all roads leading to the grounds containing two stations. I understand that walk in venues in large conference centers run much smoother.

So much for the rant, just grateful it is over until the second shot is due in 27 days.

Bernie
Posted by: cgiles

Re: shot delayed... - 03/04/21 07:07 AM

Yippee!!! After months of trying to get an appt for the vaccine (and being jealous of you guys that got it smile ), I finally got an appt. for tomorrow. No apptl, no registration, just "can you come in tomorrow". It's a little remote (rural) so I suspect that's the reason they had openings....who cares. It's the Moderna one but I don't really care (kinda wish I could have gotten that new 1-shot J&J one but hey....I'm happy.

Soooo, soon I should be able to make Capt. Russ buy me lunch (he got his first recently too.....and if Larry comes down this way.. smile ).

chas

Re: shot delayed... - 03/04/21 10:24 AM

You got it, bud. BTW, you picked up the last one for both Logan and me.

Really looking forward to our visit. Will seriously look at scheduling 10 days after my 2nd shot, which should be around the 11th.

Be well,

Russ

Re: shot delayed... - 03/26/21 12:41 PM

14 days after injection # 2 was yesterday.

YEA!

Still not really sure what's safe and what's not. Have two places calling every week, but don't think I'm going back...maybe NEVER!

Still haven't filled that big hole in my life after having only 9 weeks off from at least 4 nights a week in 63 years.

Just don't want to embarrass myself.

Luckily, I have 12 film scores for my company, 5 longer contract studio projects and a couple of miscellaneous music projects.

WHEW!

Russ