I know what I am good at!

Posted by: analogcontrolfreak

I know what I am good at! - 04/09/16 05:02 PM

Doing absolutely nothing.
Posted by: Nigel

Re: I know what I am good at! - 04/10/16 12:27 AM

Originally Posted By: analogcontrolfreak
Doing absolutely nothing.
I am pretty darned good at doing that too. A favorite pastime wink Very relaxing.
Posted by: cgiles

Re: I know what I am good at! - 04/10/16 05:02 AM

I mastered it long ago and never looked back smile. Now if we could just get Russ to relax a bit and get on board, he's like the Energizer bunny smile.

chas
Posted by: mirza

Re: I know what I am good at! - 04/10/16 02:51 PM

It' s almost to easy for me.

Re: I know what I am good at! - 04/10/16 06:14 PM

Oh good, I'm glad you all got this. I did not want too be taken too seriously with this.

:p wink
Posted by: Taike

Re: I know what I am good at! - 04/10/16 06:34 PM

I must be the complete opposite of you guys for I hate doing nothing. Just sitting somewhere with nothing to do drives me nuts. That's why I always have my trusted ereader with me or do a crossword puzzle.

Re: I know what I am good at! - 04/11/16 04:21 AM

Well, I am so busy with work, three kids,playing the weekends I do enjoy this god given talent of doing apsolutely nothing at all some days. laugh

Re: I know what I am good at! - 04/11/16 05:54 AM

Originally Posted By: mirza
Well, I am so busy with work, three kids,playing the weekends I do enjoy this god given talent of doing apsolutely nothing at all some days. laugh

Nothing wrong with that, Mirza. It's just that I get bored doing nothing and reading keeps me sane. What little sanity I've left. grin

Re: I know what I am good at! - 04/11/16 12:03 PM

Hey Taike, sanity isn't all it's cracked up to be (which is why I gave it up a long time ago smile ).

chas

Re: I know what I am good at! - 04/11/16 05:52 PM

You're so right, Chas. Actually, nowadays, if you're sane, the guys in white coats come to take you away.

By the way, how're you doing? You've been rather quiet lately.

Taike

Re: I know what I am good at! - 04/11/16 06:31 PM

I tried being sane once, worst 5 minutes of my life. bounce

Re: I know what I am good at! - 04/11/16 07:10 PM

Yep! That's what sanity does to you!

Re: I know what I am good at! - 04/12/16 03:55 AM

Lol!
Posted by: captain Russ

Re: I know what I am good at! - 04/12/16 09:06 AM

I've said it many times....the difference between being crazy and being creative is $ 50,000.00. Make that $75,000.00 (damn inflation affects everything).

Make less than $75,000.00 annually and you're just a crazy SOB.

I'll tell you April 18th where I stand (LOL).

Russ

Re: I know what I am good at! - 04/12/16 09:18 AM

I love this post. Nothing better than hearing guys expound on the pluses and minuses of doing nothing smile. I was going to write more but .............well, you know.

chas

Re: I know what I am good at! - 04/12/16 11:25 AM

Re: I know what I am good at! - 04/12/16 11:34 AM

Re: I know what I am good at! - 04/12/16 04:28 PM

This is the first thread I have posted on here, too get this many responses. In quite a long time.
Posted by: Mark79100

Re: I know what I am good at! - 04/23/16 10:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Taike
I must be the complete opposite of you guys for I hate doing nothing. Just sitting somewhere with nothing to do drives me nuts

Taike,

I'm completely with you on that one. I don't think I've ever sat down and did nothing in my life. Even on vacations....always looking for something to do, though I sometimes wish I could just relax sitting in the sun on a waterfront somewhere with a Bacardi in one hand and a James Bond girl in the other!

Not much on crossword puzzles, but I read a lot....a whole lot. In fact, if I go anywhere, I carry three things with me. A bag of lettuce (to keep my insides healthy), a gallon jug of water (to stay hydrated), and.........a sack load of reading material (everything....newspapers, magazines, books, articles, etc...even sheet music to study.

Love staying busy!

MARK

Re: I know what I am good at! - 05/31/16 04:41 PM

I guess everyone has got to have a hobby.
Posted by: Nigel

Re: I know what I am good at! - 06/01/16 01:09 AM

Don't think for a second that doing something online is really doing something. It is doing nothing regardless of what you may think.
Posted by: tassiespirit

Re: I know what I am good at! - 06/18/16 06:06 AM

I fail at doing nothing for the first 50 years of my life and now I am working ways to prevent failing in the next 50 years.
Anyway, I don't suffer from insanity, I really do enjoy it!

Allan taz