Forum Trolls

Posted by: Nigel

Forum Trolls - 02/15/15 10:12 PM

Are you a Troll? Not sure? You know you’re a Troll if you:
1. Display false interest

You join a chat you’re not interested in only tell people how lame the chat, topic or guests are.
2. Act overly critical

You join a chat and your only contribution to the collective discourse is to criticize comments, opinions or people.
3. Argue ad nauseum

You continue to argue a point well beyond any educational value for you or the audience to the point where you’re comments are simply repetitive rhetoric.
4. Wage attacks

You post personal attacks on someone’s character, family, job etc. instead of respectfully discussing the point at hand.
5. Present opinions as facts

You fervently argue subjects in which you have no real experience or subject matter expertise, yet present your point of view as fact.
6. Engage those you don’t like

You openly share your dislike or annoyance with an individual(s) yet continuously bait into public discussions through tweets/posts/blog comments.
7. Reject conflicting points of view

You publicly and loudly reject any opinion or fact that is not owned or shared by you, regardless of its validity or interest to the local audience or community at large.
8. Fan the flames in order to “win”

You refuse to “agree to disagree”, choosing to continue to bait your audience with questions and comments that fuels a continuing argument. You have to “win” every discussion as if was a game and will continue to argue even if the discussion moves on to other topics.
9. Don’t allow room for healthy debate

You don’t appreciate a dialogue with those who don’t express your point of view and never offer a “Thank You” for the exchange of information or opinions, choosing to get the last word in with a final insult or criticism.
10. Act childish

You resort to swearing or personal attacks when your point of view is not embraced by others instead of simply moving on.
11. Love to beat a dead horse

You introduce topics you love to hate-on even when no one else is discussing them or when it’s not part of the group’s discussion topic, simply to fuel your need to criticize.
12. Possess anger issues

You respond to others with increasing intensity, hatred, or provocation. You’re fuelled by the negativity.
Posted by: Taike

Re: Forum Trolls - 02/25/15 10:14 PM

So that's why I don't have anything to say. wink
Posted by: Nigel

Re: Forum Trolls - 02/25/15 10:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Taike
So that's why I don't have anything to say. wink

Always pleased to see you drop in Taike. I hope everything is going well for you.

What have you been doing musically?
Posted by: mirza

Re: Forum Trolls - 02/26/15 04:57 AM

Hehehe..And I am probably one of trolls. .ehhehe
Posted by: Taike

Re: Forum Trolls - 03/02/15 01:53 AM

Thanks, Nigel.

Can't complain how things are going for me. Well, I am interested in doing something else for a change. I mean, I'm still teaching and all (have my own language school now) but am also interested in running a food business. I love change and dislike routine.

I've just gotten a Ketron Audya Ajamsonic so I'm back to learning a new OS. AJ's video workshop will be a great help once I get them.

Oh, before I forget, I've been listening to a 2-CD set, Jazz and Beatles, which is quite unique, hearing Beatles standards in a different way. Not something many might enjoy but I find it very refreshing.

Taike
Posted by: BEBOP

Re: Forum Trolls - 06/04/15 12:13 PM

you really got that down to a science Nigel. there used to be several here that fit that descripion. I wonder if they are still here.
Bebop just visiting and finally managed to get logged in again.
Bill
Posted by: Gunnar Jonny

Re: Forum Trolls - 06/04/15 09:23 PM

Originally Posted By: BEBOP
..... I wonder if they are still here.

Well, it looks like both you and me still here.... wink

piano
Posted by: BEBOP

Re: Forum Trolls - 06/06/15 07:53 PM

good to see you Gunnar. hope you are doing well and making lots of good music. Bebop
Posted by: bruno123

Re: Forum Trolls - 08/06/17 02:14 AM

Wow the name Bebop brings back so many memories. Bill I am smiling thinking the days when I enjoyed my keyboard the best. You were a big part of that.

I hope you are enjoying your senior years, John C. (Bruno)

PS, GJ, I’m still here to. My job is trying to enjoy everything the best that I that I know how.
Posted by: Gunnar Jonny

Re: Forum Trolls - 08/07/17 09:09 AM

Originally Posted By bruno123

PS, GJ, I’m still here to. My job is trying to enjoy everything the best that I that I know how.

smile

keys
Posted by: tassiespirit

Re: Forum Trolls - 03/04/19 11:34 PM

Nigel, can I put in my two cents for option 11.?
You might like the following:-

The tribal wisdom of the Dakota Indians, passed on from generation to
generation, says that when you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount. In government however, a whole range of far more advanced strategies is often employed, such as: 1. Buying a stronger whip.
2. Changing riders.
3. Threatening the horse with termination.
4. Appointing a committee to study the horse.
5. Arranging to visit other countries to see how others ride dead horses.
6. Lowering the standards so that dead horses can be included.
7. Re-classifying the dead horse as "living-impaired".
8. Hiring outside contractors to ride the dead horse.
9. Harnessing several dead horses together to increase the speed.
10.Providing additional funding and/or training to increase the dead horse's performance.
11. Doing a productivity study to see if lighter riders improve the dead horse's performance.
12. Declaring that, as the dead horse does not have to be fed, it is less costly, carries lower overheads, and therefore contributes substantially more to the bottom line of the economy than do some other horses.
13. Rewriting the expected performance requirements for all horses.
14. Promoting the dead horse to a supervisory position.

Allan
Posted by: The Saint

Re: Forum Trolls - 03/06/19 02:16 AM

Hi Taike, good to see you still around, watching.
Hope all is well with your lot. Give me a guide to the Beatles jazz. Is it on utube?
Sorry Nigel, back on topic, I think there maybe a few here, no names, just watch this space!!

Ray dance