Jimi Hendrix in his Corvette

Posted by: Nigel

Jimi Hendrix in his Corvette - 06/04/11 08:06 PM

The latest Guitar Player magazine had a print of this painting that was done of Jimi Hendrix sitting in his Corvette during the time of the Woodstock festival. Great painting.

http://chrisoart.com/detail.asp?work=89

The artist Chris Osborne has also painted a number of other great musicians. She is very talented.

http://chrisoart.com/gallery.asp?gallery=3
Posted by: ianmcnll

Re: Jimi Hendrix in his Corvette - 06/04/11 08:25 PM

Great painting Nigel, and she sure has an eye for detail...the guitar is strung upside down, the way Hendrix played it. The Corvette details are very good as well, with the correct wheels, and the neat sidepipes.

I never owned a Corvette...had a few Mustangs (66 and 70), and a 1968 Firebird Sprint...they were the closest I got to something that sporty.

She is quite a painter, indeed. The butterflies and the eagles are a nice touch.

Ian
Posted by: Nigel

Re: Jimi Hendrix in his Corvette - 06/04/11 10:45 PM

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
Great painting Nigel, and she sure has an eye for detail...the guitar is strung upside down, the way Hendrix played it. The Corvette details are very good as well, with the correct wheels, and the neat sidepipes.

I never owned a Corvette...had a few Mustangs (66 and 70), and a 1968 Firebird Sprint...they were the closest I got to something that sporty.

She is quite a painter, indeed. The butterflies and the eagles are a nice touch.

Ian

She said she added the butterflies and eagles based on lyrics in his songs to infuse some of his lyrical poetry. If was during the Woodstock concert she got him to drive his Corvette Stingray and park it by the lake where the painting started.

Posted by: ianmcnll

Re: Jimi Hendrix in his Corvette - 06/05/11 01:37 PM

I was thinking they might have something to do with the songs.

Do you guys play any Hendrix in the band?

I missed out on the Casio CZ-1...Ray gave it to his son. Drat!
Posted by: Scottyee

Re: Jimi Hendrix in his Corvette - 06/05/11 03:44 PM

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
I missed out on the Casio CZ-1...Ray gave it to his son. Drat!
Hi Ian,
Are there specific sounds on the CZ-1 you wish you had in the Tyros 4?
Perhaps these CZ-1 sounds may already be available as VST/Wav samples,
and you could then simply convert them to UVN custom voice format,
and then load and play them on your Tyros 4. smile
The T4 optional 'expansion memory module' would be required for this,
but well worth the investment to gain the ability to import new sounds to Tyros 4. cool
Posted by: lahawk

Re: Jimi Hendrix in his Corvette - 06/07/11 06:46 AM

What an awesome painting...Hendrix, a Fender and a Vette. Great combo.