Southern accents

Posted by: cgiles

Southern accents - 12/10/08 10:36 AM

A cop stops this old man for speeding in Alabama.

Cop: Got any I.D.?

Old Man: 'bout what?

chas
Posted by: captain Russ

Re: Southern accents - 12/10/08 02:24 PM

Sad but true...I think it's not the meek that will inherit the earth; it's going to be the rednecks!

Can you imagine living in Kentucky and refusing to play country music?

R.
Posted by: squeak_D

Re: Southern accents - 12/11/08 05:59 AM

WOW..., southern West Virginia is on that list! Some of the accents here will blow your mind. I've met some people (several within my wife's family) who have an accent that once you hear them..., you can't help but think of one particular (not so well understood character) on that cartoon "King of the Hill".

Often a sentence here will start with "I.., tell you what" and end with "shoooooooot".

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 12-11-2008).]
Posted by: cgiles

Re: Southern accents - 12/14/08 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
Often a sentence here will start with "I.., tell you what" and end with "shoooooooot".

If I'm in southern West Virginia and I hear someone say "shoooooooot", I'm gonna duck .

chas

[This message has been edited by cgiles (edited 12-14-2008).]
Posted by: Jenkins

Re: Southern accents - 12/14/08 06:52 PM

Fair nuff (somewhere in North Carolina)
Posted by: DonM

Re: Southern accents - 12/15/08 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
WOW..., southern West Virginia is on that list! Some of the accents here will blow your mind. I've met some people (several within my wife's family) who have an accent that once you hear them..., you can't help but think of one particular (not so well understood character) on that cartoon "King of the Hill".

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 12-11-2008).]

You talkin' about that dang ol DALE!
Love King of the Hill.
DonM
Posted by: --Mac

Re: Southern accents - 12/16/08 11:53 AM

Ya'll watch it now, heah?

Defintion:

Riot:

The flag is Riot, White and Bloo, ya'll.

--Mac from Virginia
Posted by: --Mac

Re: Southern accents - 12/16/08 11:54 AM

You know yer a redneck when the cop asks for ID and you show him yer belt buckle...
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Southern accents - 12/20/08 07:41 AM

You guys should come up north and hear some of these Rhode Islanders talk

t.
Posted by: BEBOP

Re: Southern accents - 12/20/08 10:57 AM

MY wife JAnn is from Kentucky and she has been in California for nearly 40 years and speaks perfect English until...........
She talks to her mom on the phone for 5 minutes and then we can't understand anything she sez for the next 2 weeks
Russ, she doesn't much like Country Music and maybe that is why she moved to California. She likes the Jazz I always play when i am playing for myself.
Merry Christmas to all,
Bebop