Keyboard for left handed people

Posted by: Anonymous

Keyboard for left handed people - 01/12/06 12:21 PM

I have a Technics KN7000. I am a left handed person and would like to play cords with right hand and melody with left hand. Is this possible with this keyboard?

Thank you,
Posted by: Fran Carango

Re: Keyboard for left handed people - 01/12/06 01:40 PM

You could cross your arms!!!

I am pretty sure you can set your board up to do this...with some limitations...

I can set up my Roland to do this..but, I would just cross my arms..

BTW. why not set up in full keyboard[piano mode], when you play three or more notes , it will change the chord recognition, and as long as you do not play 3 or more note chords ...you can solo all you want with in the chord...with either hand..

You may also be able to use a pedal when you want the chord recognition to change...the rest of the time[depressed pedal] you can play all you want without changing the chord recognition..
Posted by: trident

Re: Keyboard for left handed people - 01/13/06 05:53 AM

I know there are guitars and basses for left handed people....are there keyboards too?
Posted by: shboom

Re: Keyboard for left handed people - 01/13/06 07:28 AM

Piece of cake.....just play it from the other side.....so what if people laff.
btw...Just try splitting the keyboard (I'm assuming that's possible with the KN7000).....works for me....

------------------
...shboom
Posted by: Nigel

Re: Keyboard for left handed people - 01/14/06 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by trident:
I know there are guitars and basses for left handed people....are there keyboards too?

Checkout http://www.lefthandedpiano.co.uk/
Posted by: Scott Langholff

Re: Keyboard for left handed people - 01/26/06 04:36 PM

I saw a guy perform for the Pensacola Keyboard Club that played with his arms crossed. Different, that's for sure.

Scott