Happy VD To All!

Posted by: GlennT

Happy VD To All! - 02/14/05 07:36 AM

Don't forget to wear red if you're working today... and more important, flowers and candy to your SO, I'm sure UD won't forget!

Not sure if you guys across the pond celebrate this day (Valentine's Day). It's a day, February 14, that you give your significant other, ya know, like your wife or girl-friend (or both) something like flowers, etc.

Glenn
Posted by: Uncle Dave

Re: Happy VD To All! - 02/14/05 08:12 AM

Some interesting tidbits:

1. Saint Valentine
Valentines Day History. There are varying opinions as to the origin of Valentine's Day. Some experts state that it originated from St. Valentine, a Roman who was martyred for refusing to give up Christianity. ... the story say that Saint Valentine served as a priest ... The good Saint Valentine was a priest at Rome in ... for this kind deed Saint Valentine was apprehended and dragged

2. Saint Valentine's Day on Encyclopedia.com
Saint Valentine's Day, Western European Christian holiday, originally the Roman feast of Lupercalia. It was christianized in memory of the martyrdom of St. Valentine in AD 270, who, in medieval times, ... Home > article. Saint Valentine's Day. Related: Holidays ... Valentine`s Day Often a Stressful Day for Men, CBS ... http://www.encyclopedia.com/html/s/stv1alent.asp

BTW - Since I work on holidays ... my Valentines Day was celebrated on the 12th. We had the best time ... flowers, candy, dinner/cruise, dancing, dining ...... and the thing that most of you will find the MOST amusing is that I set up the BOSE in our hotel room !!!!!!!!! That's right - I couldn't sufficiently woo the girl of my dreams without superior sound in the background. I set up the laptop and the Bose and we had hours, and hours of concert quality, room filling, mood setting AWESOME sound. The hotel manager must have thought we were setting up a weather experiment when I rolled it all in on the cart!

I had wine and cheese, nuts and meats, chocolates and candles all over the room when we got there ... then the tunes just added the icing to the cake. Neither one of us wore red........ funny, huh?

Re: Happy VD To All! - 02/14/05 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
...flowers, candy, dinner/cruise, dancing, dining ... I had wine and cheese, nuts and meats, chocolates and candles all over the room when we got there

Geeeeeeeeze, Dave... it's guys like you that makes it hard for regular guys like some of us to measure up!

(wayda go!!!)
Posted by: btweengigs

Re: Happy VD To All! - 02/14/05 08:34 AM

Geez Glenn. Happy VD? Some things just should not be abbreviated...especially on Valentines Day.

Eddie
Posted by: DonM

Re: Happy VD To All! - 02/14/05 08:42 AM

I love you guys! . . . But you're not getting my beer.
DonM

Re: Happy VD To All! - 02/14/05 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by btweengigs:
Geez Glenn. Happy VD?

No way, Eddie... what you're thinking of is Unhappy VD, quite a different thing! Since you're here, let me BAD!

*that's 'buy you a drink'! You too, Don and Dave!

OK, time to put on my red shirt and hit the road...

Re: Happy VD To All! - 02/14/05 09:14 AM

Guess I'll wear a red shirt tonight, maybe black pants and a Gambler hat.
DonM
Posted by: Scottyee

Re: Happy VD To All! - 02/14/05 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by GlennT:
Happy VD To All!

Now THAT would definitely NOT be a nice valentines gift to either give or receive. Play safe and Happy Valentines Day to all. - Scott
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Happy VD To All! - 02/14/05 10:25 AM

Quote:
Some interesting tidbits:
Neither one of us wore red........ funny, huh?

... or any other color???? ...

It's so great to see that romance is not dead ... ...
Part of the background music should have been Gato Barbieri's rendition of "Europa" ...

BTW ... tried the first link ... got "Page not found" message ...

t.
Posted by: HankB

Re: Happy VD To All! - 02/14/05 10:57 AM

I wondered where my red shirt and gamblers hat was. Hank

Re: Happy VD To All! - 02/14/05 11:25 AM

Your shirt's too little and your hat's too big!
I'm setting the stuff up now, come on out.
Don
Posted by: Uncle Dave

Re: Happy VD To All! - 02/16/05 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
... or any other color???? ...

Tony ... you're getting a kick out of this, aren't you! And, you're right about Europa .... that song just DRIPS with sensuality! Gato rocks!
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Happy VD To All! - 02/16/05 10:06 AM

Quote:
Tony ... you're getting a kick out of this, aren't you! And, you're right about Europa .... that song just DRIPS with sensuality! Gato rocks!

t.