Another brisk winter day in Louisiana

Posted by: DonM

Another brisk winter day in Louisiana - 03/06/05 12:01 AM

Here's our weather forecast for Sunday.
Partly cloudy. High 73F. Winds SSE at 1 to 3 mph. Humidity 91%
Anyone for golf? Fishing? Decisions, decisions.
Or maybe I'll go see Gary D. and help shovel snow.
. . . . NAW!!

DonM
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: Another brisk winter day in Louisiana - 03/06/05 06:22 AM

Wow! You really know how to hurt a guy. At 9 a.m. this morning it was 28 degrees, today's high is forecasted at 40. Most of the snow has melted, but after contacting 79 people yesterday for fishing report information, it became painfully obvious that there may have been a dozen individuals that were willing to brave the elements and try their luck.

Enjoy your golf game Dom--I'm gonna' put on a heavy coat and go grocery shopping.

Gary
Posted by: The Pro

Re: Another brisk winter day in Louisiana - 03/06/05 07:56 AM

It's warm and sunny here in Hilton Head, Sc today also... about 72 for the high. Wife and I are planning on taking our motorhome out for a picnic to stretch it's legs today. We like to drive to Hunting Island, SC about 30 miles north along a scenic low country drive. Hunting Island is reknowned for it's erosion where the ocean is steadily washing out the sand and trees are falling into the sea. It's a natural occurance so state officials have decided not to try renurishing the beaches. Very pretty area for a beach walk and lunch. Bye now...
Posted by: btweengigs

Re: Another brisk winter day in Louisiana - 03/06/05 09:14 AM

We're having a cold snap in S. Florida. 66F. Winds gusting 5-10. Snowbirds are on the golf courses. Too cold for the natives.
Eddie
Posted by: KN_Fan

Re: Another brisk winter day in Louisiana - 03/06/05 04:14 PM

About high 60s low 70s here in Portland..I just finished bbq-ing my steak in my (now rusty) grill, enjoying a low carb Amstel light beer
Posted by: BEBOP

Re: Another brisk winter day in Louisiana - 03/06/05 04:46 PM

only 78 here at my house south of San Jose, as in California. I am going out now to bbq the Pork Ribs. Only need a light jacket until it warms up a little moore
Bebop
OH, I forgot to mention it is going to the low 80's near the end of the 7 day forcaste

[This message has been edited by BEBOP (edited 03-06-2005).]

Re: Another brisk winter day in Louisiana - 03/06/05 06:23 PM

As Jimmy Buffett sang in Boat Drinks "I gotta' go where it's warm."

Gary
Posted by: Tony Rome

Re: Another brisk winter day in Louisiana - 03/06/05 08:07 PM

87 in Cozumel today....total sunshine....
swaying Palm Trees....warm ocean brezzes...
Green Bannana Margaritas....and a photo of the SNOW in New Jersey.....hehehe
Posted by: cassp

Re: Another brisk winter day in Louisiana - 03/07/05 04:51 AM

Come Monday it'll be near 50 in Detroit - for a while, then plummet to the teens tonight. I miss Florida already.

Re: Another brisk winter day in Louisiana - 03/07/05 08:22 AM

It's supposed to hit 65 here today, then a cold front will blast through, and tomorrow's high will be about 35. Just another fun day in paradise!

Gary
Posted by: Tom Cavanaugh

Re: Another brisk winter day in Louisiana - 03/07/05 04:32 PM

I feel for you Don but I just can't quite reach you. It has been quite warm (in the upper 30's) here in western Michigan but the forecast is for it to get cold again.
Posted by: Sheriff

Re: Another brisk winter day in Louisiana - 03/07/05 06:35 PM

We had snow a week ago. The most of it melted the next day. Then we had snow again but not so much as the night before. Also snow on the third day and the following night. Since the last four days we have sunny days and clear nights. Most of the snow has gone now but it's still cold. Up to 10°C today and down to 0° in the night.
---------------------------------------------
Frosty greetings from Frankfurt/M. (Germany),
Sheriff
Posted by: Uncle Dave

Re: Another brisk winter day in Louisiana - 03/08/05 05:06 AM

I don;t trust the weather man ... that's why I decided to bring the Florida sunhine up here!
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Another brisk winter day in Louisiana - 03/09/05 11:34 AM

Single digits in li'l Rhody ... negative #s with the wind chill .... more snow Fri, Sat & Sun ....
t.