Back from Mayo

Posted by: Tom Cavanaugh

Back from Mayo - 03/01/05 09:48 AM

Hi everybody! I've had my surgery and I'm back at home now. Everything went well. The tumor on my prostate was 3 millimeters in size, very small. All indications are that it hasn't spread so no further treatment is necessary. The laproscopic surgery is virtually painless. I was released the next day and spent 10 hours riding in the car back home. The ride was not a problem either because I wasn't in pain. It was a pain having to ride with my wife driving but that is another matter.

I want to thank everyone for the thoughts and prayers. If any of you men have to face this in the future don't hesitate to contact me.

Thanks everyone,

Tom
Posted by: Tony Rome

Re: Back from Mayo - 03/01/05 09:58 AM

Great News Tom......welcome home.....the MAN was sitting on your shoulder.....now back to work.....Congratulations....
Posted by: dlstarry

Re: Back from Mayo - 03/01/05 09:59 AM

Tom, glad to hear all went well & your back
home safe & sound.
Denny
Posted by: captain Russ

Re: Back from Mayo - 03/01/05 10:30 AM

That's fantastic! We were thinking about you.
Now, FIRE THAT KEYBOARD UP AND GET BACK TO BUSINESS1

Russ
Posted by: freddynl

Re: Back from Mayo - 03/01/05 12:14 PM

welcome back Tom

Fred
Posted by: loungelyzard

Re: Back from Mayo - 03/01/05 12:44 PM

Tom:

Terrific...........Pose
Posted by: BEBOP

Re: Back from Mayo - 03/01/05 04:24 PM

Tom,
Thanks for sharing your good news. You give us OLD F-rts real hope with our problems.
Best to you. Come back to San Jose and visit us again. We would be glad to have you.
Bebop
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Back from Mayo - 03/01/05 04:32 PM

Tom ... so glad to hear the great news ... The laproscopic surgery must really be an improvement ... there is no way I would have put up with a 10 hour drive the next week , let alone the next day ...
Maybe I should have waited, ... but then ???
Glad you are doing so well ...
t.
Posted by: Nigel

Re: Back from Mayo - 03/02/05 01:47 AM

Welcome back Tom. It's great news to hear that it all went that well.
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: Back from Mayo - 03/02/05 05:45 AM

You can bet your bottom dollar that if MY PSA and subsequent biopsies comes back nasty, my boney butt will be headed north to Rochester, snow and all.

Welcome home Tom,

Gary

[This message has been edited by travlin'easy (edited 03-02-2005).]
Posted by: nardoni2002

Re: Back from Mayo - 03/02/05 06:32 AM

glad to hear all is ok,remember not so long ago you was asking about this condition,well now its all behind you, but for those that have the same concerns as you their minds will also be at ease,all the best,mike
Posted by: shboom

Re: Back from Mayo - 03/02/05 08:32 AM

See....
I told ya everything would work out fine.
Glad ALL went well!

------------------
...L
Posted by: kbrkr

Re: Back from Mayo - 03/04/05 04:37 AM

Whooo Hoooo!!!

Fantastic Tom!

Although, I do sympathize more with having to be in the passenger seat whilst your wife drives. I say it all the time, my wife (and the kids too for that matter) are driving me to my early grave!!!

Welcome back and best of luck.
Regards,
Al