Using PA4X with computer and midi

Posted by: rb293

Using PA4X with computer and midi - 11/16/19 05:19 PM

Has anyone used the pa4x with a computer and virtual instruments? I have been trying for 3 days to get my MacBook pro os 10.14.6 to recognize my pa4x. I am using the free kontakt player 6 with Alicia Keys pianos... I can get my Roland RD 2000 to work with it but not the PA4X.... I am using the usb port from the back of the pa4x to the mac usb in. I have tried every combo of midi settings in the pa4x... (i think)
The mac does allow for the pa4x to play the alicia keys piano but it won't send the sound back to the pa4x speakers. Any thoughts would be appreciated.... thanks Ron
Posted by: abacus

Re: Using PA4X with computer and midi - 11/17/19 12:32 AM

Is the USB socket on the PA4x a Midi & Audio interface, as with a lot of keyboards it is just used for Midi, thus you need to connect the audio output of the Mac to the audio input of the PA4x to produce sound. (If it does do audio, make sure it is showing up in the Macs sound manager, and Kontakt is connected to it)
Also make sure everything linked to the USB interface is turned on.

Re: Using PA4X with computer and midi - 11/17/19 09:28 AM

I think you are correct on maybe the pa4x doesn't have audio within the usb. It does not show up in my mac sound manager. When I use my Roland keyboard, it does show up in the sound manager. I will try what you suggested regarding the audio out on the mac and the audio in on the pa4x. Thanks for your help.....
Posted by: siebenhirter

Re: Using PA4X with computer and midi - 11/21/19 10:21 AM

Hello,
I think there is nothing sent back to the pa4x speakers but I'd rather guess that your Pa4x route its midi information to both the Mac and the internal sound generator.

If so use the Internal/External parameter to connect the corresponding part/track to the internal and/or external sound generation.
Go to track control page of pa4x and set groups (Upper1-3, Lower ...) from "Both" to "external".

Re: Using PA4X with computer and midi - 11/26/19 04:35 AM

Thanks for the suggestions... I did get it working but it just sounds like crap... I guess the pas speaker does not do it justice as far as the sound. I am thinking of selling the pa4x and stick with my Yamaha Montage and Roland RD2000 along with my Roland Integra and GEM Rpx piano module. I get an awesome sound with combining those ... thx Ron

Re: Using PA4X with computer and midi - 11/27/19 02:46 PM

If anyone is interested in my pa4x with the pas speaker system just send me a message. It is like new and played very little... Always covered... Just a year old in November.. thx Ron
Posted by: flingers

Re: Using PA4X with computer and midi - 11/28/19 06:05 AM

How much would you want?

Re: Using PA4X with computer and midi - 11/28/19 07:15 AM

I would sell it for 2500.00 with the PaAS speaker.... Shipping would be additional. I would think shipping would be under 100.00 to Saline MI from Binghamton NY... I also have all original packaging.... thx for asking... Ron

Re: Using PA4X with computer and midi - 12/03/19 12:03 PM

I decided to drop the price to 2400.00 if anyone is interested... This is in immaculate condition and has never been moved. The PaAS speaker was 435.00 alone... If anyone is interested let me know... thanks Ron
Posted by: Reuben

Re: Using PA4X with computer and midi - 12/17/19 12:12 PM

Hey Ron. You seem to belooking for a new piano for your 4x. Have you tried the free Yamaha C5 Grand available here:
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=113029
Might be worth a try.

Re: Using PA4X with computer and midi - 12/17/19 06:17 PM

Thanks Reuben.... I will give it a try... Ron
Posted by: zuki

Re: Using PA4X with computer and midi - 01/01/20 08:50 AM

Hi Ron, is the 4x 61 or 76? Thx, Zuki

Re: Using PA4X with computer and midi - 01/30/20 02:53 PM

Ron just curious how would i pay you

Re: Using PA4X with computer and midi - 01/30/20 06:45 PM

hello Ron How would you accept payment?

Re: Using PA4X with computer and midi - 02/01/20 06:41 PM

Flingers... there wasn't much interest in the keyboard even tho it was perfect condition. So I purchased some additional JBL speakers and a EQ to up the gain to the JBL's and it really made the PA4X shine.. Now with the PAas speaker and the JBL's it really sounds like something.... The output jacks of the PA4X wasn't hot enough to push the JBL's and the EQ was what it needed... Sounds Fantastic now.... so I will be keeping it...thanks Ron

Re: Using PA4X with computer and midi - 02/18/20 01:39 PM

Ron..just curious you said you added JBL speakers. Were they for gigging out or, just playing at home? Which JBL's

Re: Using PA4X with computer and midi - 02/18/20 01:41 PM

I am just curious as to what amplification most arrangers players are using on gigs.

Re: Using PA4X with computer and midi - 02/18/20 06:31 PM

A pair of QSC 8.2 - fantastic studio quality and power. DSP and "gig" settings. I use LIVE/NO BASS

Re: Using PA4X with computer and midi - 02/19/20 01:31 PM

Thanks Zuki I have been hearing many good things about QSC brand.Do you know if they would keep up in a 4 piece group, crowd of a couple hundred people, enough power for that? (guitar,sax drums keyboard) used only by the keyboard??

Re: Using PA4X with computer and midi - 02/19/20 04:35 PM

Flingers... sorry i just saw your question about the speakers i bought... they are JBL 305P MkII 5... They were not loud enough tho coming out of the korgPa4x outs so I also purchased a small EQ ... It was just enough to make it shine... Behringer MINIFBQ FBQ800 9-Band Graphic Equalizer-- Ron
Posted by: DonM

Re: Using PA4X with computer and midi - 02/24/20 05:55 PM

If you to Global, then MAXX E.Q., you can turn the volume WAY up by moving the slider.
I have it up all the way. Plenty of gain to push powered speakers.
Posted by: DonM

Re: Using PA4X with computer and midi - 03/02/20 12:08 PM

Flingers, PA4X is for sale again.

Re: Using PA4X with computer and midi - 03/02/20 02:41 PM