From Yamaha to KORG PA4X

Posted by: Tom04

From Yamaha to KORG PA4X - 01/17/18 01:29 PM

Hi everyone,
I am about to switch from Yamaha to Korg PA4X Musikant and therefore I read eagerly in the forum and have pulled in many videos of J. Sartorius (german musician and supporter).
Overall, I think the PA4X is right for me (alternative to the GENOS).

One very important question concerns the change from my previous workflow with registrations:
So far, I have created 1 Regbank (= 1 REG file) per title, each with a maximum of 8 memory slots (individual registrations).
Via MobilesheetsPro or Songbook I could load this complete registration and directly call one of the 8 memory places.
In the Korg I imagine it like this:
The memory slots or individual registrations correspond to one songbookentry, my reg-banks correspond to a KBD set list (per title), in which the individual songbookentries are put together and which can be called up over the KBD Setlist buttons (1-12).

With Yamaha it is harmless, if in each of the memory places also the MIDI-File of the title is linked. Once started, the MIDI will continue to run if there is either no midi or the same stored in subsequently called regs.
After what I have read in forum threads this "continue playing" is at least not possible with the PA3X. How does that look with the PA4X? If so, would that be bad, or are there alternatives?

Next question: Can I load individual songbook entries (certainly) as well as a set list via tablet (MSB,LSB,PG or other controller events) activate the f.e. number 4 in the setlist?

Maybe there are more converters or "double owners" who work similarly.

Thanks a lot and best regards
Posted by: DonM

Re: From Yamaha to KORG PA4X - 01/18/18 10:34 AM

Better to ask here:
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=75&sid=3213bafb8813567c4a2fecddbaa89ac3