Korg P a 4X is switching sounds

Posted by: mlorenz

Korg P a 4X is switching sounds - 08/17/16 08:57 AM

My Korg PA4X is randomly switching sounds as I play. Is anyone experiencing a similar problem?.
Posted by: Snoopy

Re: Korg P a 4X is switching sounds - 08/18/16 02:47 AM

Hi,

Never had that ( and donīt want to have it wink ).

Did you calibrate ( and from time to time ) CLEAN your screen ?

Do you use a protective film on your display ?

Dou you have some MIDI devices connected ( computer, pedal etc ) that could send program-changes ?

Do you have the EC5 or similar connected ?
Posted by: bruno123

Re: Korg P a 4X is switching sounds - 08/18/16 09:54 AM

Are you playing along with a midi files?
J
ohn C.

Re: Korg P a 4X is switching sounds - 08/19/16 12:35 PM

I still have the film on my screen. That possibly could cause the issue. But when it happened, I was playing pretty hard on the keyboard and it seemed as if the pressure on the board cause the patches to switch. It doesn't happen all the time. On the last gig I played it didn't happen at all.

Re: Korg P a 4X is switching sounds - 08/19/16 12:36 PM

No midi files. I was just playing live in the keyboard seem to be somewhat unstable. I do have the film still on my screen and that may have caused the issue. On the last gig I played it never switched sounds.
Posted by: Fran Carango

Re: Korg P a 4X is switching sounds - 08/19/16 02:56 PM

Maybe it is a Korg feature, to make you sound better. rotfl

Re: Korg P a 4X is switching sounds - 08/21/16 04:20 AM

Originally Posted By: mlorenz
...I do have the film still on my screen...

Hi,

thatīs the reason.

The film that is on the screen if you get the PA4X out of the box the first time is NOT for use !!!

Itīs only to prevent the screen from dust and scratches... And it may cause electro-static discharges that can cause the "sound-switching".
If you use it for a longe time grease from your finger-tips may reduce the "dis-function" a bit.

You should use a protection-film from a tablet and cut it so that it fitīs.

In germany one dealer sells them fitting for the PA4X ( I gave him the dimensions of the screen and he produced them )
Posted by: Bachus

Re: Korg P a 4X is switching sounds - 08/21/16 10:28 AM

Originally Posted By: Snoopy
Originally Posted By: mlorenz
...I do have the film still on my screen...

Hi,

thatīs the reason.

The film that is on the screen if you get the PA4X out of the box the first time is NOT for use !!!

Itīs only to prevent the screen from dust and scratches... And it may cause electro-static discharges that can cause the "sound-switching".
If you use it for a longe time grease from your finger-tips may reduce the "dis-function" a bit.

You should use a protection-film from a tablet and cut it so that it fitīs.

In germany one dealer sells them fitting for the PA4X ( I gave him the dimensions of the screen and he produced them )

Precisely...

I never understand why people seem to think that they need to leave that protection film on the screen...

Its almost impossible these days to scratch a high end touchscreen.. Unless you regularly play with sand on the beach.

I even talked to someone that had the protection film on his tyros 3 after 5 years... He said he never removed it out of fear for voiding the warranty...
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Korg P a 4X is switching sounds - 08/21/16 12:50 PM

Gads, I left the plastic strip on the Korg also. I just now removed it. Good to know that it can cause problems. Now it's gone forever ! Thanks for the good advice Snoopy ! Lloyd

Re: Korg P a 4X is switching sounds - 09/02/16 05:39 AM

I played a gig last night and the PA4x was switching sounds again after I removed the film from the screen. I'm wondering if it's sensitive to voltage drops. I need to check that out. This morning I plugged it in and everything was fine I plugged it directly into the wall at home and everything worked perfectly. I don't quite understand why it continues to switch sounds when I'm on the job.

Re: Korg P a 4X is switching sounds - 09/03/16 09:57 AM

Hi,

voltage drops ( or changes in general ) may interfere electronic devices as well as frequency-changes ( I think youīve got 60 hertz in the U.S. ).

And of course other devices being switched on / off that are using the same power-circuit ( circuit-breaker ). As well as devices using a coil ( like some lights, I didnīt find the english name for it, long tubes that are a bit flickering when switched on, often called "neon-lights", but neons are working with high-voltage ( above 1.000 volts ) ... )

Re: Korg P a 4X is switching sounds - 09/16/16 05:21 AM

The unit was defective and had to be returned to Sweetwater. The second Korg Pa4X is awesome, works perfectly!
Posted by: guitpic1

Re: Korg P a 4X is switching sounds - 09/19/16 11:04 PM

Sound switching is actually programmed in the 4X. I can't exactly remember the scenario.

I think as a person progresses through the variations of styles 1-4, the keyboard sets or sounds automatically change.

But I also remember that when this happens, the sound choices show at the bottom of the screen and all I do is hit the sound I want if I don't like what is chosen automatically.

Like I said, I can't exactly remember the scenario in which this happens.
Posted by: hammer

Re: Korg P a 4X is switching sounds - 09/22/16 12:18 PM

Mlorenz,
I have had the same problem after I installed the Gold Package. The problem is with user sounds which are assigned locations in memory. The styles use the memory location of a sound to recall it. If you save other user sounds they are saved in alpha order which changes the memory location of other user sounds. In another thread AJ recommended adding a number to each user sound you create to solve the problem.

Hope this helps.

Deane
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Korg P a 4X is switching sounds - 10/07/16 03:48 PM

Turn off the sound switcher ! Lloyd