PA900 HELP NEEDED

Posted by: tony mads usa

PA900 HELP NEEDED - 01/25/14 01:38 PM

Pa900 Questions
In the SONGBOOK drop down box, what does the "Init Songbook" option do?

Songbook 'Book Edit 2' shows 'Tempo/BPM' but the numeric value cannot be highlighted or changed ... the same is true for the 'M. Transpose'. These options were available on my Pa600 ... how can implement them on the Pa900?

Is there a way to delete songs from the 'Main Book'?

When creating a 'Custom List' and a new song is added, it goes to the bottom of the list ... If I want the song to be located at the top of the list, is there a way to do that other than pressing the up arrow once for ever step up that I want?

THANK YOU

Re: PA900 HELP NEEDED - 01/25/14 02:53 PM

"When creating a 'Custom List' and a new song is added, it goes to the bottom of the list ... If I want the song to be located at the top of the list, is there a way to do that other than pressing the up arrow once for ever step up that I want?"

I found a shortcut. Has to do with naming and choosing parameters, but I don't remember exactly. I'll look tomorrow when I have the Pa3X at home.

You know you have to "enable list edit" from the dropdown menu at the top of the page before you can change anything.
You should be able to delete songs from the master list if you have List Edit enabled.

Re: PA900 HELP NEEDED - 01/27/14 01:33 PM

Thanks, Don ... Yes, I know about the 'Enable List Edit' ... I found out that using 'Book Edit 1' I can delete from the Main List ...
Thanks Again ...
Posted by: billyhank

Re: PA900 HELP NEEDED - 01/27/14 05:24 PM

Tony,

The 3X does not have those buttons to move the song up or down the list. Our only choice is to number them in the order we want to be on the list.

Bill G

Re: PA900 HELP NEEDED - 01/28/14 03:51 PM

Bill ... REALLY ?!? ... I ass-u-me if you have songs numbered 1 - 20 and you want to add one at #15 it automatically renumbers from 15 - 20 ?

Re: PA900 HELP NEEDED - 01/28/14 05:26 PM

Tony,

I don't have a clue as I haven't tried it yet, but that is the explanation in the manual.

I like the 900 method better - all you do is move it up or down to suit.

Bill G

Re: PA900 HELP NEEDED - 01/29/14 09:45 AM

The songbook custom list is a great tool ... KORG has a Songbook Editor PC program which I understand makes editing a song book even easier, but they do not have one Pa900 compatible yet ... frown

Re: PA900 HELP NEEDED - 01/29/14 12:55 PM

Tony,

I'm not so sure that the one for the Pa3X won't work for the 900.
I had downloaded it when I had the 900 and run it only once for just a brief time to see how it was supposed to do the job, but I did not do any editing with it.

I really think it should work just fine for the 900 because the 3X and the 900 are so nearly the same in regards to the file structure.

Bill G

Re: PA900 HELP NEEDED - 01/29/14 01:08 PM

Bill ... I tried it ... it recognized the Main Songbook, but did not recognize any of My Custom Songbooks ...
Here is the response I got from KORG:

"My sincere apologies for the delay in getting back to you. Which SongBook Editor did you download? Did you use the one for our older products? At present there is not a Pa900 compatible version of the SongBook Editor. If you were using the download for the Pa800, that would explain the incompatibility issues that you ran into."

I wrote back saying that I used the Pa3x version, and asked if they were working on one for the Pa900 ... I'm waiting for a response ...

Re: PA900 HELP NEEDED - 01/29/14 01:52 PM

Tony,

I don't think you got a response from anyone at Korg that knows.
You say it's your Custom song Books, are you saving them as a SET file?

You could send me one of your songBooks and I can see if it will work for me - it's not a big file. The SET file contains two files - one is the main book and the other is the custom lists.

If you have the optional Micro card installed, you can work directly from that too, if your keyboard is connected to your Pc.

bill G

Re: PA900 HELP NEEDED - 01/29/14 07:16 PM

This is the guy I heard from:
Max
Product Support Supervisor
P:631.390.8737
F:631.390.8738
Max Lauer-Bader<maxl@korgusa.com>;

I have a question: when I do a 'COPY' of the Songbook off the keyboard onto my USB drive, it copies the Factory songbooks and my custom songbooks, right? ... I would think so, because when I 'LOAD'ed them from the Pa600 onto the Pa900, all the songbooks showed up... that being the case, when I saved them onto my PC, all the songbooks should have been there, but when I went to open them with the songbook, only the Factory songbooks showed ...

As they say on TV "BREAKING NEWS:" Before submitting this response I tried the "SAVE" to USB again ... it saved as a .SET file ... on the PC, I opened the file with SongBook Editor (SBE) and this time I actually saw some of my custom lists ... do you know if there is a maximum number I can have in SBE ? ... the Main list was in a separate 'partition' on top and then the other 6 factory Song Lists - POP, BALLAD, ROCK, etc. showed, along with 6 of my custom song lists ... If I could get my main custom list to show (it didn't frown ) I can see where the SBE would be a good tool ...

Re: PA900 HELP NEEDED - 01/29/14 08:24 PM

Tony,

You can select create a New List, but when you go to save it, the existing lists are what you see in the Text field for naming your list during the save.

I cant find any reference to the number of list allowed in the manual.

Bill G
Posted by: DonM

Re: PA900 HELP NEEDED - 01/31/14 10:42 PM

You can definitely move the entries around in the Custom List view. While List Edit is open, the bottom left box will allow you to move the entries around. If you have a lot of songs in your custom list, it is sort of slow.

Re: PA900 HELP NEEDED - 02/01/14 10:18 AM

Tony,

I've finally had some time to play with the song Book editor.
Since you must first put any new entries into the main Song Book area and then copy them to your new list, I have come to the conclusion you are better off to make your list by way of the Song Book Editor program.

Just make your main Song Book on the keyboard and then save it and work with making your list in the Editor. You just select New List and name it - from there you can drag and drop to your new list and you can even drag and drop with in the list - this is really very neat stuff. Very fast too.

When you save from the editor, save as a SET.

Bill G

Re: PA900 HELP NEEDED - 02/01/14 08:51 PM

Don ... yes, it is that 'arrow' box that is so slow and tedious that I was referring to ... I can't believe they can't change that to move continuously while you press the arrow down instead of having to press and release, etc. etc,

Billy ... thank you I will give that a try ...